What's new

Rumour: Epcot Closes The Land and The Sea Pavilions For Phase Two Park Overhaul

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
The Nemo attraction isn't that bad, it's a bit of cheesy fun, but the aquarium is really good for a little extra in the park. There's a really huge tank with some big rays in there and the people who go to feed them really interact with the people looking through the glass. I really like those areas of Epcot.

peep

CF Legend
I'd take this rumour with a grain of salt. That site is very hit and miss with their sources.

I think I'd be fine with an update to the decor of the area but I do love Living with the land, it's so unique.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Good thing we have nice neighbourhood mods who can put in the appropriate disclaimers in such thread titles.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Would be more sad about the living seas as I like the seabase vibe of it and the animals but the land is also really unique so would be a shame to lose unique things that are distinctly epcot, however I think the pavillions are quite old (although depends on your definition) so probably not rocket science to guess that they'll need at least an update sooner or later. The plan seems to fit in with the general removal of epcot-ness that the future plans for the park seem to be going for with the brining in of IPs and removal of a designated future area so sounds plausible.

cookie

Giga Poster
I find it unlikely they would just raze both buildings when they're still reusing the Energy pavilion (even if it's been bulldozed from the inside) for Guardians's queue and even the Wonders of Life pavilion is getting reused after standing dormant for so long.

I find it unlikely they would just raze both buildings when they're still reusing the Energy pavilion (even if it's been bulldozed from the inside) for Guardians's queue and even the Wonders of Life pavilion is getting reused after standing dormant for so long.
Well I believe the article says (even though it's a rumour) they're both scheduled for removal (or something along those lines) so...if this is true then it's bye bye! It is quite peculiar though yes