What's new

Rollercoasters that you wanted to ride, but got dismantled.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Re: Rollercoasters that you wanted to ride, but got dismantl

Eagle Fortress, as it seemed to highlight the full potential of suspendeds.
Big Bad Wolf, for the same reason.
Moonsault Scramble, for its insane +6.2G.
Drachen Fire, for its Wraparound Corkscrew :)
Flashback, for it was the first coaster with a Bolliger/Mabillard input and its uniqueness.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster

I saw Big Bad Wolf mentioned several times. I rode it in the early 2000's and I can pretty much say that you didn't miss much. I found it quite forceless, slow, and just plain boring. Just my opinion.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Big Bad Wolf, Drachen Fire, Son of Beast, and The Rattler

A-Kid

Giga Poster

BBW or GASM.

I like Arrow swingy coasters and I quite liked Viper, suprizingly. So yeah. I like the old Arrows...

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster

One of the Traver Cyclones, Coney Island Tornado and Aeroplane Dips at Rye Playland.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

bmac said:
ava1enzue1a said:
Hypersonic XLC comes to mind.

Most intense launch I've personally felt.
Crazy ass little ride that was.

Drachen Fire
Son of Beast

Edit: Brilliant Bottom Feeder! Never would've thought of the Crystal Beach Cyclone or Airplane Coaster at Rye.
Would love for them to be recreated today <3

sparky2u

Mega Poster

"Bat" at Kings Island
"Shooting Star" at : Coney Island, Cincinnati, Ohio
"Starliner" at Miracle Strip Amusement Park, USA
"Comet" at Lincoln Park
"Cyclone" at Williams Grove Amusement Park

oriolat2

Giga Poster

- Hypersonic XL
- BBW
- Crystal Beach Cyclone
- Airplane Coaster

I reckon if GCI wanted and any park was interested, they could resurrect both woodies with adapted layouts. *wishful thinking*

bmac

Giga Poster

If I remember right Gravity Group said that the airplane coaster was their favorite coaster for its engineering and that they'd love to build a replica someday. CBC I have no clue about though...

sparky2u

Mega Poster

bmac said:
If I remember right Gravity Group said that the airplane coaster was their favorite coaster for its engineering and that they'd love to build a replica someday. CBC I have no clue about though...

All it needs is a Park or a lottery winner to say "yes build a copy". :--D

alex_1

Roller Poster

Eagle Fortress is definitely up there for me.

Ride of Steel

Roller Poster

I really would have liked to ride GASM, but it closed the day before I went there :(. I also can't believe I missed out on Big Bad Wolf... only three hours away!

madhjsp

Giga Poster

Seeing all the responses in this thread makes me realize how fortunate I was to have nabbed the Hypersonic XLC cred. My first trip to KD was with some friends late in the 2007 season, and they shut the ride down about 2:00 that day for mechanical difficulties (surprise, surprise). We very nearly didn't decide to ride it earlier that morning because the line was long and moving slowly, but I'm very glad that we eventually did.

Anyway I've already talked about Drachen Fire earlier in the thread, but here are some other rides I'm a bit bummed I missed out on (not counting things like Rye's Aeroplane Coaster, which I can't help that I missed because it was dismantled when my father was 6 years old):

- GASM at SFGAdv - it's funny that Shockwave hasn't been mentioned once in this thread, though it was a nearly identical coaster.
- SOB w/ loop
- Steel Phantom - yeah I know it's not technically dismantled because of Phantom's Revenge and all that, but part of me thinks that the old version looks like the better ride.
- Any of the American TOGO Ultra Twisters
- Flashback/Z-Force
- Batman & Robin: The Chiller - Obviously it's just been moved and will soon be operating again, but since I very much doubt I'll be getting to Brazil anytime soon (or probably ever), I'm counting this one.
- Maximum RPM - The one day I was at Hard Rock Park during the one season it was open, they were still testing this ride and had not yet opened it. The ride itself was nothing special, but the ferris wheel lift was pretty unique and would've been cool to experience.

bmac

Giga Poster

And with the personal bragging about nabbing credits, My last rides on the Chiller were the last days before it closed permanently. Batman side operated the day before the ride experienced issues and was closed. Robin was the day before. The odd thing I find about it was that Robin was the most reliable side, yet Batman was the last side to operate for the public and was basically the sacrificial lamb for nearly 10 years.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Son of Beast, I was hoping it would be re-opened, although I knew it wouldn't.

Gebirgsbahn, looked interesting, shame it got burnt down.

Also, not really a ride more of a park, but American Adventure, technically I have one of the cred`s (Missile) and I know Twin Looper is relocated, not demolished, but it might aswell be, can`t see a Polish cred run any time soon.

Jaws also, I know it`s not a cred, but it looked like a fantastic ride.