What's new

Rollercoasters that you wanted to ride, but got dismantled.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Big Bad Wolf definitely. I'm really disappointed that I missed out on it by just a year as I've always liked the look of it.

I can't think of a great deal else really. I was lucky enough to get the Alton/Flamingoland Schwartzkopfs plenty of times in the past.

The old woodie at Southport maybe? Not that it looked that good, but Southport is really close to where I live and I only got to go there this year. It was a real shame to get rid of it for basically no good reason.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Some of them are great, namely the ones that were designed as travelling coasters. Others (sooperdooperlooper, revolution) are complete s**t.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
i actually really want to ride those two. They look painful as balls, but still fun. Revolution looks interesting seeing as i <3 terrain, so same for the the Superdooperlooper. same for SFoG's Mind Bender and Shockwave at Six Flags over Texas.

the cloned tripple loopers and travelers looked great too like Mindbender at Galaxiland
or Magnum Force/Dreier Looping. and then those 4 inversion coasters like Zonga: Seriously Twisted/Texas Tornado. Olympia Looping is also very impressive.

Martyn B

CF Legend
furie said:
Crystal Beach Cyclone:
crystalbch_cyclone.jpg

Just to go "actually, it's really not that bad.

Thats the coaster with the paramedics room by the exit isn't it? That must be insane!

The only coaster that pops to my head at the minute is the Alton Mouse.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Magnum Force - Flamingo Land
Bullet - Flamingo Land
Twin Looper - American Adventure
Thunder Looper - Alton Towers
Crazy Loop - Pleasure Island

I luckily rode the Black Hole a year before it shut but I can only just remember what the ride was like. :)

A

Anonymous

Not a coaster, but I never managed to get on Doom and Sons and now feel really left out.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jake said:
Virginia Reel (Blackpool)

That's all I can think of!

Good call... I'd forgotten about that, though there's a chance I DID ride it, but I don't remember...

nr02 said:
Not a coaster, but I never managed to get on Doom and Sons and now feel really left out.

I used to love it, but I think by today's standards it was very poor to be honest. You're not really missing anything.