What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Its an okay advert I suppose, I don't like the "Escape to" font, it doesn't really fit with the logo and other things, it just reminds me of the whole "Extraordinary" thing that dodn't work.

A

Anonymous

does anyone rememeber the show they had on either Discovery or Travel channel talking about Cedar Point and how they did the employee laundry and how the laundry facilities are under the park?

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I liked the Discovery Channel piece on how they put coasters together. I have a new respect for the height, the men up there, and the massive number of parts involved.

A

Anonymous

Just a quick thanks to everyone who has posted a link to a tv show. Has to be one of the best working lunches I've ever had.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Please don't post here unless it is too post a link. I know some of you just want to say thanks to people who have posted but I am sure they know their efforts are appreciated. Other wise the topic will fill up with crap and get locked.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Dan, shut up, and stop memberating.

There is nothing wrong with somebody posting their gratitude towards someone for providing them with a video. I'm sure people will want to recieve some kind of thank you for their posts.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Thrill Rides Las Vegas Style has just started on Sky Three and finished at 8pm (UK time)

Have never seen it before, so is worth a watch I guess

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm watching the thing on Sky Three.

It's just an over hyped, stereotypically american documentary... And to make it worse it's all **** coasters.

Not seen it before either but I wouldn't get your knickers in a twist.

Hurray.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Joey said:
It's just an over hyped, stereotypically american documentary... And to make it worse it's all ****ing coasters.

Well you are going to get that though. The Extreme Ride series is exactly the same, they get someone really cheesy and get them to talk about it like it is the best thing ever. The parks probably ask that it is over hyped to bring in the crowds. They only really sees it as advertisment and they want the reviews to be nothing but good to get the crowds in.

Just finished watching it and like Joey, in no rush to see it again....

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The two Disneyland Paris ones were interesting.

It was quite cool to see Big Thunder Mountain without the lake and only half of the mountain completed. I also didn't realise that the majority of the theming was authentic, I just thought that it was more clever paintwork.

The Space Mountain one wasn't quite as good. I thought it was going to show more of how compact the layout is inside the dome. It was still quite cool, however the BTM one was the best.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
There was a really nice show on roller coasters about the future of supercoasters on National Geographic yesterday. Did anyone else see it? It was kind of interesting. It's from 2006, so it's a bit old, but it was nice.

BENjAMiN

Roller Poster
The show Ultimate Thrils: The Fast and Frightening on the Travel Channel gets annoyed because of the over-excited announcer. "And now into a delicious double inversion, the interlocking corkscrews" "You WILL lose your mind on mind eraser"

Naemuti

Mega Poster
BENjAMiN said:
The show Ultimate Thrils: The Fast and Frightening on the Travel Channel gets annoyed because of the over-excited announcer. "And now into a delicious double inversion, the interlocking corkscrews" "You WILL lose your mind on mind eraser"

Yes, I hate it when they do that, like the GP (or anyone watching for that matter) is an idiot that thinks coasters look like something someone created on RCT.

BENjAMiN

Roller Poster
^I know and why would Mind Eraser be on there. It's not fast and frightening, that's for sure. And to me Vekoma SLCs are painfull.