What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
It seems that television programs about rides are always being found on youtube and I think there should be a topic here to post them all in. It makes more sense than posting in the youtube topic because those are videos about anything.

Please post any documentarys/news reports etc in here in future.

scotlandrulz

Roller Poster
I cannot find a video as of yet, but at the weekend on a show called "When Games Attack" found on Bravo, they showed an insight to the mummy ride at Universal. Be on the lookout.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Thanks for posting those links valleyfair. I have seen all of those before but there are probably a lot of people that haven't who will appreciate your effort to find them all.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
As long as the spam is kept down, and it's used just for people posting links, I'm going to keep this stickied up here! It's actually a really good idea!

Johnny

Hyper Poster
^^So two Ohians drove over 2000 miles to ride SFMM's Goliath, and one had actual dreams about riding it?

Oh dear.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I have dreams about riding coasters all the time. Colossus was driving me nuts in my sleep for months until I rode it. I would travel accross the world to go to some parks like GADV etc so what is sad about that.

Rach

Giga Poster
This could be classed as SPAM but it is sort of related.

I remember watching a TV show a few years ago where groups of people were set challenges at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Some of these challenges were:
Superman: Throw a ball to each other while moving
X: Keep a ball in a pot
The sky diver thingy: shoot water balloons at targets on the floor
Goliath: Eat huge amounts of food then go on rides.

I think it was National Geographic but I can't remember. I have tried looking for a video on youtube but can't remember the name of the show.
Someone else may know hence why I have posted.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I have dreams about riding coasters all the time. Colossus was driving me nuts in my sleep for months until I rode it. I would travel accross the world to go to some parks like GADV etc so what is sad about that.
My point is that they drove 2000 miles purely to ride Goliath, which in my opinion is far from the best ride in the park.

But then again, this was made in about 2000/2001 when Goliath was probably one of the best if not the best ride in the park, so I'm not as surprised now.

Ollie

CF Legend
Rach said:
This could be classed as SPAM but it is sort of related.

I remember watching a TV show a few years ago where groups of people were set challenges at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Some of these challenges were:
Superman: Throw a ball to each other while moving
X: Keep a ball in a pot
The sky diver thingy: shoot water balloons at targets on the floor
Goliath: Eat huge amounts of food then go on rides.

I think it was National Geographic but I can't remember. I have tried looking for a video on youtube but can't remember the name of the show.
Someone else may know hence why I have posted.

Rach that show was called "Thrill rides put the the test and it was shown on 'Zone Reality' (Well it was when I saw it).

Homer

Hyper Poster
Hey guys, felt like this thread could be both entertaining and informative. So for the first roller coaster/theme park related film in this thread, I give you...

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park

Famous rock band KISS stars in this cheesy movie about an engineer hellbent on fighting KISS for some reason. KISS somehow gets superpowers ( :lol: ) and go on to fight this guy. This movie was primarily filmed at SFMM.

Intro
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9