What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I don't know if anyone else watches "World's Dumbest ..." on truTV, but they had something interesting on last night (Thurs. 04). It had to do with animal encounters. They talked about the old news story when model Fabio was struck in the face by a goose while riding Apollo's Chariot on its opening day at BGE. They also showed a view of a vertical loop on an inverted coaster that was clearly red/orange. If that was the same park, what's up with that ?

neo

Mega Poster
A good site for fixed camera POV’s, and their general park videos are quite good too.

www.parkpreview.co.uk

The Chessington World of Adventures video is particularly impressive, and is that CF's Screaming Coasters operating Seastorm?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Series one, episode 3 of Paris Hilton's My New BFF features Knott's Berry Farm quite a lot. The contestants have a posing challenge while riding the coasters.

Ummmm, not that I would ever watch that kind of crap of course, just heard from a "friend."

Ollie

CF Legend
Blue Peter at Blackpool in the 1980's. It looks so weird without Pepsi Max there. :p
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayUbppXSXI4&feature=related[/youtube]

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
On Blue Peter today and tomorrow there will be a section on Roller Coasters and what effects they have on the presenters (Heart rate etc). It is split over today and tomorrows episodes and will feature Colossus (Thorpe Park), Kumali (Flamingoland) and Rage (Adventure Island).

BBC One at 16:35, be sure to tune in! :)

nealbie

CF Legend
^ I swear they did something very similar to that last year! They really are running out of ideas :lol:

Jools

Giga Poster
Why does something tell me he was meant to ride Colossus then Saw, instead of Rage and maybe Nemesis Inferno instead of Kumali

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ why wouldn't they go to Nemesis over Kumali if they wanted a ride like Inferno?

Thanks for the iPlayer link, i missed it.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
What the hell has happened to Blue Peter?

The typical view of bigger is better in regards to Colossus though... "It has 10 loops, it is epic" :lol:

Just see Saw test as well in the background...

Who remembers when CITV did a proper tour of the UK theme parks? That was epic...

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah the White Knuckle Tour.
I loved that show. And you got to vote for the presenter you wanted to go on the biggest ride in the park at the end.

Ollie

CF Legend
Beadles about filmed at Chessington January 1991. Love how her cars crushed and they're trying to talk to her about the rides. :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2D-GEIHf0w&feature=related[/youtube]

Jools

Giga Poster
I miss White Knuckle Tour, didn't they use to do things, like eat spaghetti on Nemesis, lol.

^ and that was funny

Ollie

CF Legend
Not a TV Programme but on Radio 2 RIGHT NOW they're talking about Saw: The Ride and how it's a bad idea and teaches kids to be violent or something lol.
They're also doing call ins about it so you can all share your thoughts as well.