What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've spent the last few days watching that Insane Coaster Wars thing. What a load of crap.

Every episode is exactly the same. Some coaster "enthusiast", who is terrified and has never been on the ride before, rides a coaster and declares it as AWESOME! Repeat for every coaster for every episode.

Absolute s**te.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
They put an SLC in season 3(Ednor at La Ronde) . It didn't even come in bottom 5. I can list at least a dozen other coasters that could've gone in it's place. 2 of which are amazing B&M coasters in the same park.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I've seen four episodes of Insane Coaster Wars, and in every episode the European coaster ended last. Even Silver Star gotten beaten by White Cyclone in Japan. I haven't ridden that, but isn't it supposed to be rough and crap? The show is alright to watch in my opinion but the rating is just always weird. I can't take the entire thing seriously.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Its a TV Show that has Robb playing with the strings in the background (used to be one of the noteable coaster experts they used for the show, now he does a lot of behind the scenes work), so Ive always seen it as another form of him flaunting what he thinks is defined as a good coaster.

The show is good simply for the fact that it shows a wide variety of coasters at a wide-ish variety of parks.

singforfood

Roller Poster
Coaster shows drive me insane, because apparently whoever writes the script can't be bothered to do ANY research. In one of the Insane Coaster Wars episodes that was about extreme height.... they went to Cedar Point and talked about MF instead of TTD. In an episode dedicated specifically to height, they went to a park and ignored a coaster that was 100 FEET taller. They also featured Intimidator at Carowinds... despite the fact that Intimidator 305 was already open.

Rankle07

Roller Poster
TPV said:
Scream if you know the answer. Thorpe Park, just search you tube.

I remember being at Thorpe Park when they recorded that a few years ago. My girlfriend at the time was going crazy about seeing Duncan... Me i was more interested in Saw :lol: .

That show really grated on me after a few episodes though, not sure if it was the commentators annoying voice or if it was the ridiculous amount of screaming on the rides by most of the female 'celebrities'.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it, but last night on channel 5 (British telly!) on 'OAPs Behaving Badly' there's a couple of coaster enthusiast pensioners who have been all over the world to ride coasters. It's available on catch up for anyone who wants to watch it!

Fun little feature. Hope I'm like them when i'm in my 70's...!

davidm

Strata Poster
This week's (29thAugust) BBC "Click" programme (the 30m technology segment on the BBC news channel but I think its also on BBC World for non-UK peeps) has a item on VR on roller coasters ; they go to Europa-park and chat to the Mack people who are doing this - lots of shots of coasters and stuff - the one that they ride with the VR gear on is the powered train - the tech looked quite good (but obviously very much 'in development' rather than consumer-able).

UK-peeps can see it on the iPlayer site ; http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... k-29082015
(the item starts about 14m52s into the show with some VR in a race-car but moves onto coasters pretty quick)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
There's going to a new roller coaster programme on Canadian TV next March, called 'Parconaute':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BLKD7X3Lg

http://tv5.ca/parconaute/?#zone-serie-a-propos

It's a series of 8 episodes, with each episode featuring on 2 parks / attractions. Some of the parks to be included at Europa Park (apparently also including some stuff about Mack in general), Parc Asterix, Legoland Germany and Thorpe Park.

Main downside to it is that the series will be in French and is only appearing on French Canadian TV. I don't know if English subtitles will be available, but it would be nice, as the series sounds neat!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Holiday World was recently on an episode of HGTV's 'House Hunters', with many shots at the park and on Thunderbird.

Currently, mobile hates links.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Not a whole program as such but Dreamland Margate featured briefly on that (UK) program where a family lives a week or so in each decade. It was in the 60s one where they talked about people having more free time to do fun stuff.