What's new

Roller Coaster Euro 2017

Which European country has the best roller coasters?

• UK

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Germany

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sweden

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Peet

Giga Poster
Not sure if this has been done before, but based on the 2017 line-ups, which European country has the best rides? I think there are only 4 realistic contenders, shout up if I have missed one.
I'm going to say the UK, but I am biased!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Germany appears to have much more overall quality, however I might be inclined to say Poland can top the list in a few years!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
In my personal opinion it's Sweden currently. Simply due to having 2 absolute world class coasters.
Germany has Taron but(Karnan aside, not ridden it yet) nothing else is genuinely world class. EGF is excellent, Colossos too, as is Silver Star, and maybe Black Mamba but they would all struggle to get in a Global top 20 in my opinion.

Helix and Wildfire do, some also love Balder so. Sweden.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
So hard.
Germany: Taron, Black Mamba, Kärnan, Fluch, Krake
Sweden: Helix, Wildfire, Balder, Twister, Lisebergbanana
Spain: Shambhala, Dragon Khan, Superman aero thing
UK: Nemesis, Grand National, (I would have put Wild Mouse in here)

Germany just pips it from Sweden but there are two B&Ms coming...

Peet

Giga Poster
I agree with DelPiero that Sweden has some of the best rides in the world, and with everyone else that Germany has a huge number of strong coasters. I also love Shambhala and Red Force in Spain. But for me the UK wins it due to the history and diversity - we have a wealth of historic woodies including the best wild mouse ever built (2017 remember!), a good collection of B&Ms (especially Nemesis, obviously), plus some really special unique rides, in particular The Ultimate, The Smiler and The Big One, the likes of which you won't find anywhere else in Europe.