What's new

RLR Giga Project

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ok ok, I'm I'm trend following abit, and yes I'm trying another B&M.

Ever since Leviathan was announced I've been intrigued with the design. It's not gone down well with enthusiasts but in trying to figure out what B&M were doing I thought I'd give it a go myself. I've seen a few giga attempts on the forums but I kept feeling they're missing the mark slightly. I've grown to love the simplistic design of Leviathan, the way it sits in the skyline I'm sure is breathtaking in real life. I won't be lacing this with crazy scenery ideas because (maybe I'm lazy) that's not what I enjoy doing.

It's actually (I find) difficult to get a solid layout out of such speed though! When you're limiting the physical length of the track! The layout so far has already reached over 4000ft, I'm understanding now why it appears so short and why the design is so different from their hypers. Please bear in mind also that NOTHING is final at this stage, there's a few things I have issues with, and also any layout ideas are more than welcome. I'm posting some screens because I'm starting to like the way it looks off-ride, hopefully I can capture that giga essence.

newgiga111224132006000.jpg

newgiga111224135517003.jpg

newgiga111224135630004.jpg

It may not be to everyone's tastes and it may not be original. It's more a personal experiment than anything. Also if anyone could help explain to me how to do the lift spine, I'd appreciate it. I have the construction kit and sketch up.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Its looking good, I know what you mean about trying to build a giga, theres only so much you can do with that huge amount of speed, and you very quickly run out of room.

The only thing that does look a bit strange is your overbank in that last photo, it looks to me like it goes up far too steep for a B&M, any steeper and it'll almost be an inverted top hat. Other than that though, ace!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Its fine to be honest. Have you seen the Hammerhead on Leviathan? That nearly goes upside down, so his turn around is actually pretty spot on.

This looks amazing actually. Like the airtime hill before the (what I am assuming it to be) hammerhead. Do you plan on adding in a MCBR or are you going to keep it short like Leviathan?

Switching between the hideouts'...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Gonna keep it short like leviathan. I'm trying to get the physical length of the track similar, So I actually dont have much track left with.

Also that overbank is actually taken far too fast, so I'm reworking that. Maybe I'll have to trim things.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Hmmm, still not happy with it but thought I'd give a progress update. I've actually completely rehauled the track from the drop onwards because I quite liked that part, but I'm still finding it abit of a bland ride. Gonna go through it on newton and tighten up some transitions and forces.

The Shambhala turnaround is just an experiement and it's not perfect. But atleast you guys can see where I'm at, I'm taking my time because I've been really busy lately. But please, suggestions are welcome.

newgiga120124193200001.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
URGH well too many things bugged me so in trying to fix things I experimented a little further. I have now decided.. I WANT THIS ELEMENT! Finally got it nailed (I hope) and it really rides like a dream, I look forward to seeing it in action on Shambie.

Lemme know whatcha think.

newgiga120131031607002.jpg

newgiga120131031520001.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think... mmhmhmmhm....

Need some tissues now... :?

Looks awesome! :D

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Changed the shambhala turn quite abit. It looks more like the plans now =)

Done a little speed-s-hill and a camelback and mirrored the ride...there's not much track left to play with! Am not letting it go over 5450ft

newgiga120204092527000.jpg

Ignore the colour for now!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That purple colour, and the shaping of that turnaround, is awesome!

Can't wait to ride this! :D

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think I like it quite alot, but the shaping of the drop annoys me. There's nothing wrong with it but for some reason it doesn't look right. Other than that I like it.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I personally think this is fab! On the same size as Leviathan, but more of a true Hyper layout than what Levi offers.

What is the exact height if you dont mind me asking?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Gave the final corner more punch and the final hill more air

newgiga120211083226004.jpg

Happy with it now =) no more niggles (well a few but...yunno)