R or S?

• Rita - Queen of Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jack

Roller Poster
It seems to be a trait with hydraulic launches to accelerate a lot faster since Velocity gets to top speed in a second. Just a shame I didn't have a camera with me at the time.

Mark

Strata Poster
Personally I am a slave to the Stealth on this one.....

My reasons:
Rita has a poorer launch then Stealth and now that I have ridden the both just a week apart from one another it gets much easier to make a comparison. Ritas launch is over before it truly feels like it has started and before you know it you are pacing round a rather yawn worthy layout. The only saving grace of this layout is the small pop of airtime at the top of the Airtime hill. But even that is minimal. Overall, Rita feels like a gimmick about basically launching a coaster...

Stealth, the power and length of the launch feels much more intense and exciting to me. It feels like it actually hits a speed worthwhile of actually having a launch. Yes the layout is poor but the difference here is the fact it isn't all just about the launch. There is the adrenaline inducing (for some) top hat to look forward to aswell. In effect by making the ride that bit simpler they have made it better! Stealth has more components to look forward to basically, the Launch and the height factor (which for TP and pretty much the UK, impressive. Not many UK coasters actually break the 200ft mark)

marc

CF Legend
Went on Rita for the 1st time yesterday at the front.

Thank god I only had to queue for a short while.

All over to fast, the lunch was ok but nothing great I was totally disapointed feel sorry for people who queue for 2 hours.

Can not wait to go on Stealth at least that looks like it does something.

I got more impression of speed on the Hulk and the Rock and Roller Coaster in Orlando

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Well if you were disappointed by how short Rita is, you're in for a shock with Stealth! Stealth makes Rita look like a masterpiece of design and longevity in comparison.

By the way, glad you enjoyed your lunch :p

EDIT: Forgot to say which one I voted for! Rita, for the exact same reasons Undead Creature mentioned.

Mark

Strata Poster
Ahhhhhhh, BUT at least Stealth, albeit it short has the more powerful launch and the added factor of the top hat. Makes a big difference in my eyes.

Mark

Strata Poster
Well ok, it FEELs more powerful. 0-80mph in 2.3 seconds or 0-100Kph (which is about 60mph or so?) in whatever it is on Rita (pretty sure the stupid Radio thing said 3 seconds). Plus or minus a top hat....... I know what I would rather ride.

Mark

Strata Poster
Is it really that quick? Shocked I will admit, but still, doesn't feel as intense nor as breathtaking to Stealth to me. Personal opinion and all that.

It certainly does explain why it feels like it is slowing down before it really gets going though.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Mark said:
Well ok, it FEELs more powerful.

Mark said:
doesn't feel as intense nor as breathtaking to Stealth to me. Personal opinion and all that.

I am with Mark on this. Last week helped me make my mind up completly about these two rides. I did Stealth on Thursday and Rita on Friday. Rita felt so tame and rubbish compared to Stealth's launch, Stealth felt alot more powerful even though its been proven that Rita is more powerful.

Stealth is a great feeling to me where as Rita doesnt do alot for me.

Mark

Strata Poster
Thank you Bicko.

Like I say, when you ride the two within a decent amount of time (something not many get to do) you get a better comparitive brain and I can definately say Rita is lame compared to Stealth.

UC, it may look different and more attractive but unfortuantely it jsut doesn't deliver.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Oddly, I rode Stealth the other Thursday, then Rita on the Friday.

Rita looks and feels faster, but Stealth's is more prolonged.

You are right though, and Rita's acceleration dies very quickly, whereas Stealths keeps the pace up. I think that maybe the faster acceleration isn't all it's cracked up to be, a longer acceleration is actually better?

I am with UC though, the layout on Rita is what makes it better, but I don't really rate either ride particularly highly (they're good, but not great). The speed Rita takes the hills is bloody amazing, and it really slams you about. Erm, though pain isn't always so good :)

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Rita looks and feels faster, but Stealth's is more prolonged.

You are right though, and Rita's acceleration dies very quickly, whereas Stealths keeps the pace up. I think that maybe the faster acceleration isn't all it's cracked up to be, a longer acceleration is actually better?

I agree with that totally. I rode them a week apart, and Rita's is more of a short sharp shock, the acceleration died quite badly after a couple of seconds. Stealth's kept going, even if it is a tad less intense, and I personally really appreciated the extra 20mph, I could really feel it. However, as a ride, I still prefer Rita.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Rita reaches 61.1 mph in approximately 0.90 seconds, making it the fastest accelerating Rocket coaster in the world.

Er, I thought Rita went from 0-61.1mph in 2.5 seconds not 1, making the acceleration rate 24.44, lower than Stealth's which is 34.78.

I'm confused. :?

Martyn B

CF Legend
I was hoping for UC to answer my querie on the last page, but no such luck, so I'll try again.

Rita's launch is a very impressive launch, but, that could have just been a 'one off', how do we know it launch's like that every time?

I answered it actually.

It will launch like that every time because that is one of the advantages of hydraulics. Very precise control.
Add to that the fact that not a lot can stand in their way and win.

Martyn B

CF Legend
OK, thanks, but why don't more accelerators launch like this? For example, Speed Monster could launch to its top speed in less than half a second as its only about 45mph.

Sorry to slightly stray off topic.

V My apologies, I've gotten confused with something else!

A

Anonymous

Well we didn't know about Rita til we saw that pic, so you never know, all these other coasters could be doing it too.

Although, I'm still sceptical about Rita - don't know why, so don't try and prove anything to me, I just am...