What's new

Rita - New theming

Jools

Giga Poster
I think ti looks good, but If I'm honest, I would have wanted a complete revamp of the ride! Does nayone have any pictures of the new trains? I've been looking everywhere.

nealbie

CF Legend
They've basically just had what I can only describe as a "brake-dust jobby"

A blackened effect to the trains - nothing more :lol:

Oh, and rust, but I'm skeptical as to whether that's new or not ;)

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I really, really like it, and am actually suprised with the negative views the changes are receiving. I love the new voice over, and the "You have to escape" or whatever adds so much more to the ride, you're escaping from the Dark Forest, not randomly zooming around.

I really like the new train decor and station, and entrance as well, and I felt it rode amazingly today and yesterday. I initially wanted them to repaint the track, but I reckon it's alright. The track is getting very mossy in some places, and I think that works pretty well.

Basically, if it was an entire new land, and Rita was new with it, it would be awful and pointless. But, they've done the best they could do. I think it fits into the Dark Forest more than it did in Ug Land, but that isn't to say it fits in with the Dark Forest at all. They've done a very good job in my opinion, and I don't think anyone expected much more really..

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Rita was rattling worse than last year...

The theming at least makes it look semi-part of the area... But it's still awful...

marc

CF Legend
Rita was running so well on Saturday, airtime and all really enjoyed it.

As for the re theme its better than it was that is for sure :)

A

Anonymous

I had no idea about this re-theme, found a couple of pictures and to be honest it doesn't look much different, let alone better!

4318984780_3dff6d0d3c.jpg

4318984758_a99854ffbc.jpg

You either love it or hate it I guess ..

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ Read the whole topic, those pictures are really old, there's new ones in a link further up from TowersTimes.

DSC03076.jpg

DSC03094-1.jpg

DSC03083-1.jpg

DSC03093-1.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
From what I have seen, she does look a lot better.

I think painting the track green would be a big improvement, mainly for the view as you enter the area.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
^Yeah I agree, I thought they were going to repaint the track. It looks awful as it is. It doesnt look right with the track being Red.

A

Anonymous

As it's in an area named 'Dark Forest' yeah of course it looks better. However, personally I preferred the original station theming, but if I'm correct they haven't changed the carts, track colour? ..

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^Yeah I agree, I thought they were going to repaint the track. It looks awful as it is. It doesnt look right with the track being Red.

I don't see what's so wrong with the colour. I think it looks good red. It's faded abit and looks cool!

Everyones keeps going on about how the colour makes the ride stand out like a sore thumb but I can't see it here.

25321_552058411185_282401836_3083643_4171193_n.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I like the colour now! It isn't a bright red at ALL, it's faded and covered in moss... looks amazing!

The idea is that it has been 'taken over' by the forest, so, it still being red makes the most sense. Unless trees have paint brushes now?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Yeah, I like the colour now! It isn't a bright red at ALL, it's faded and covered in moss... looks amazing!

I think that's more the fact Alton probably haven't painted it for 5 years ;)

Still has an awful voice now... And is generally urgh... But... Any improvement is an improvement... Least Merlin are trying to sort out Tussauds' crapness...