What's new

Rio 2016

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Ahh I love the Olympics and yes, it is that time again!

I wasn't hear for the Opening Ceremony but I have just caught up on it, it was fab, simple but spectacular, I loved the torch as well. Not a bad fireworks finale either!

Happened to wake up at 2:30am last night so got to watch the incredible Adam Peaty get the gold with a world record, excellent stuff, now just watching the rowing.

The reason I love the Olympics is because I watch sports I'd never bother with, like yesterday I cheered on David Florence in the Canoeing: Kayaking singles, excellent stuff.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yay for the Olympics!

Screenshot_2016-08-08-11-59-44_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_1470674939094_zpsmvzouohr.jpg

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I've only been able to watch Cycling and swimming(although I am quite fond of the latter) because the station it's on payed a **** load of money to air it, and now has to show commercials every 10 minutes. **** annoying.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

mouse

Giga Poster
I particularly enjoyed watching the refugee girl win her heat in the swimming, she has such an incredible story and she was so chuffed. I love that there is a refugee Olympic team, it's such a nice gesture at a time when discrimination is becoming more rife.

Caught some of the archery and canoeing, as well as the judo. Judo confuses me, they have to get their rival on the ground but can only do so in a certain way, it must be difficult to resist the temptation to just smack them one.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I really enjoy gymnastics, mainly women's but men's are insane as well.

Swimming is fun to watch, even though I've never been a huge fan of it.

I also watched a bit of archery, women's rugby, and, something I'd like to watch more of, table tennis/ping pong!

Another thing I'd like to watch is (synchronized) diving.

Yay Olympics.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Watched cycling, football, swimming, and gymnastics so far. Like gymnastics but my favorite is swimming, having been on my high school's swim team for two years.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I've been into cycling for a couple of years, so I watched the road racing. Both races were dramatic and exciting (no medals for GB), but the women's race would have been a lot more enjoyable if the race leader had not almost killed herself crashing on the final descent.

Ben

CF Legend
Tom Daley has been on the TV screens at work all day in what is essentially a piece of string.

So yes I enjoy the Olympics.

This one I care less about than usual, I think it's just the awkward times to watch it and all the scandals TBH. Which is shame I usually love it.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Been watching the rowing. Shame the first day was affected so much by the weather and the second day had to be cancelled completely. Hopefully we get more days like yesterday.
Both the men's and women's cycling road race were exciting and the finishes were quite tense.
Also enjoying watching Neymar struggle trying to carry the home side out of the group.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not interested in the Olympics whatsoever. Was interested last time because it was in London, Eurosport we're broadcasting in 3D and I just bought myself a 3D telly. But this year, nah.

Anyway, the reason I popped in...
GuyWithAStick said:
Looks like a giant vat of green Jell-o if you ask me.
If you call jelly jello, and call jam jelly, what do you crazy Americans call jam? Preserve?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Seen every gold Team GB has won so far, great race in the velodrome this evening...shame I'll see no more until Monday :(

_lyla_

Roller Poster
Sorry to be posting off-topic, but i spent like over an hour now trying to find any possible way to contact an admin to ask for help...it seems like the only thing i can do is write replies and i couldn't find a fitting topic :?:

whatever i try (log in/log out) i can't start a new Post in any of the Topics? it only ever offers me the chance to 'post reply'.
is there no other way to get in contact with an admin at all? :|
i cant sent messages or anything else...i really didnt know what else to do. Just about ready to give up now

anybody able to help?

*update*

no idea what kind of magic just happened, but just after i sent this reply and went back to the main page suddenly there appeared that wonderful 'new post' sign, soooo :lol:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
_lyla_ said:
Sorry to be posting off-topic, but i spent like over an hour now trying to find any possible way to contact an admin to ask for help...it seems like the only thing i can do is write replies and i couldn't find a fitting topic :?:

whatever i try (log in/log out) i can't start a new Post in any of the Topics? it only ever offers me the chance to 'post reply'.
is there no other way to get in contact with an admin at all? :|
i cant sent messages or anything else...i really didnt know what else to do. Just about ready to give up now

anybody able to help?

*update*

no idea what kind of magic just happened, but just after i sent this reply and went back to the main page suddenly there appeared that wonderful 'new post' sign, soooo :lol:

The way the forum works is that you need to post a few times before you can make a topic. It's to avoid Spam and such. But welcome to CoasterForce! :)