What's new

Rides you used to love.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I used to really enjoy Colossus at Thorpe until I rode in a seat where I got the headbanging that everyone else moans about. Tonnerre de Zeus and Trace du Hourra weren't as good as I first remember, but they were my first coasters so that probably doesn't count in terms of how I see things now. Probably Sonic Spinball as well, I used to love it but it doesn't seem as good anymore.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
For the longest time my family pretty much exclusively went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg a few times each summer, so their coasters would be the only ones I've ridden that would really qualify for this category. Yet as one might deduce from my signature, I haven't fallen out of love with any of them. Even Loch Ness Monster, as tame and old as it is, is still a ride I very much enjoy.

Maybe I'd say Grizzly at Kings Dominion qualifies. I never used to 'love' it per se, but I used to think it was a lot better than I do now.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
I used to love Magnum XL-200. Rushing over all those hills used to be exhilarating, but it seems I've gained a tolerance to it. It's still fun, don't get me wrong. But just not in the way I used to view it :(

bmac

Giga Poster
Bizzaro (NJ), was a really neat ride until they bastardized it with special effects.

Superman: Ultimate Flight was also a pretty neat ride until I grew a huge impatience for the wait in line (now I only ride it like 2 times a year). A little bit after that I felt the only good part of the ride was the loop. As of now I'm happy that it's still in the park (although I beg the park every day for a good GG woody in its place) because it rounds a bunch of guests up in the same spot and keeps them there for a couple of hours.

Nic

Strata Poster
Twister Zone said:
The Corkscrew at Alton Towers, i haven't been on the one at Flamingo Land yet but it's probably the same really.
You'll have trouble with that, it's been removed. It's a shame in as much as it was better than Alton's.

I think Air would have to go on this list. I used to really enjoy it, but now it just makes me feel sick. I don't usually bother riding it anymore.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Nic said:
Twister Zone said:
I think Air would have to go on this list. I used to really enjoy it, but now it just makes me feel sick. I don't usually bother riding it anymore.

Off topic, but I've never liked flying coasters for the exact same reason. Thought it was just me.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Ice Blast, last year it provided great airtime at the top, but now does nothing, it sems like they have slowed down the launch. Looking a video's of it from other years, it went much higher that it does now.

The Grand National also, I used to love as a child, but now it's just unbearable to ride more than twice. Plus the slow loading time used to bother me, but now I get a speedy pass for every visit.

Twister Zone

Roller Poster
Nic said:
Twister Zone said:
The Corkscrew at Alton Towers, i haven't been on the one at Flamingo Land yet but it's probably the same really.
You'll have trouble with that, it's been removed. It's a shame in as much as it was better than Alton's.
Yeah, i found that out today. :lol: But turns out i was on it but just forgot, my brother said we went on it which makes sense cause i was there with our families in 2003 but i really liked The Bullet there so just forgot about the old Corkscrew. :--D

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
For me it would be Dragon Khan and Saw: The Ride as they were some of the first major coasters I rode and were probably my number 1 and 2 at a time but now they have both gotten rougher (especially saw). I still quite enjoy dragon khan but saw's on borderline with being intolerable IMO.

Luxornv

Mega Poster
For me, it's a lot of stuff at Six Flags Great America. It's my home park, and just in the last 2 seasons, I've probably been there about two dozen times. I used to love going there and look forward to every day I'd spend there with great enthusiasm. Now, I'm there more frequently and a visit to the park is nothing special. Even though it's still currently in my top 10, Vertical Velocity is one of those. I loved this ride, especially the launch. When I first rode it, it was the fastest coaster I had been on. Now, after riding something like Top Thrill Dragster, this launch just doesn't thrill me as much. In addition to that, the ride has not aged well. We all know things break and paint wears off over time. That's especially true with this ride. It's an eleven year old ride, but it honestly looks like it's been there for twenty years. The park hasn't painted it, and the holding brake on the back is no longer used and assumed broken. I still like it, but it's a far cry from its opening year.

kimahri

CF Legend
Luxornv said:
The park hasn't painted it, and the holding brake on the back is no longer used and assumed broken. I still like it, but it's a far cry from its opening year.

Holding breaks like that are stupid, uncomfortable and add nothing positive to a ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
Baco. I used to love it, but after riding the coaster again recently, the space a year makes in terms of wear and tear on the track and train is astonishing.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, it was always that bad, you've just woken up and realised it :p