What's new

Ride Related Dreams You've Had

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I had an interesting one last night - I dreamt that the Smiler got demolished apart from the lift hills, brake run and station and that a completely new layout was built to connect everything back up that featured 16 inversions to overtake Cedar Point's 15 inversion coaster they opened in 2022. The new Smiler would've opened in 2023, 10 years after the original.

Strangely realistic and well thought-out dream if I do say so myself.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I started writing my dreams down last year and I've just been re-reading some recently... here's an extract from one of my dreams describing my experience on Untamed with one of my friends (please forgive the shoddy writing/descriptions, this was written as soon as I woke up).

08/09/2020

Finally we were seated and ready to go.

I was immediately left very disappointed when I noticed (as we climbed the lift hill), that the trains now had a roof and high sides which meant I couldn't see anything of the layout. We trundled up the lift hill like a slow, old train and then suddenly out of nowhere came a huge drop... with absolutely zero sensation. Then back to trundling along abruptly.

And then there is a second drop. This drop feels like El Toro if it was completely makeshift.

On the second drop, the wood from the track starts splintering off and crumbling everywhere right in front of my eyes. We start free falling in the train until I eventually crash with an avalanche of wood into a staircase of a squalid apartment block. I literally land on my feet, however I look around and think I'm trapped here.

I look beside me and Mike Tyson is stood right there, very emotional.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Just had a dream that I was at Six Flags Great Adventure with my extended family. Not to ride coasters. Oh no. To have a picnic. There we are, sharing a bucket of KFC (I haven't eaten kfc in more than 5 years btw), before we head to the airport. Apparently my dream family decided a six flags park was the perfect place for a family reunion, and worth the price of admission just for the high quality atmosphere.

We're eating lunch, and gradually over the course of a couple minutes, 3 or 4 of my relatives just casually help themselves to some of the food on my plate. Everyone is acting like this is a perfectly normal, socially acceptable thing to do. All of a sudden my mom realizes that both of her adult kids love roller coasters, and says "I think you kids probably have time to squeeze in a ride or two before the flight. I mean, after all, you might as well ride a roller coaster, since we're already here." Oh Golly Gee, what a nice thought, fake mom.

So my sister and I head off to find said coasters. Oddly enough, dream me remembers El Toro is closed, so we figure we'll check out Jersey Devil, then maybe get a lap on Nitro or Kingda Ka. Unfortunately, every single ride we can find is AN SLC. Just a whole park full of SLCs (and one random dragon wagon, you know, for variety).

Here's the real kicker. I've never actually been to Great Adventure.

Edit: now I want to get out to Jersey even more than I already did so I can walk into the park and proclaim "Oh wow! It's even better than I imagined!"

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Before I had actually been on the ride, my childhood-self had many reoccurring dreams at besting Nemesis.

The most memorable was a version of Nemesis where either the ride kept breaking, or it simply deliberately ended, to the effect that the train kept flying off the track.

It was then the job of the riders to ‘land the train’ by collective ‘catching’ it on their feet, per se, as if landing from a high fall.

After a successful landing, the riders would have to walk the train back to the station to unload from the restraints.

I’m not sure whether this version is better than the original or not.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump this thread, but I had another pretty weird, and slightly morbid, theme park-related dream last night…

Basically, it concerns Duel at Alton Towers. For starters, the ride was in Dark Forest instead of Gloomy Wood, but that’s not the important bit.

In this dream, an elderly woman had died within Duel a couple of weeks before my ride. However, the park was being incredibly nonchalant about it, brushing aside any criticism and brushing aside the death as “nothing to be worried about”; Nick Varney even did a TV interview where he said “Why is this even news? People die of heart attacks every day, and why is our ride any different to her living room chair?”. He then proceeded to shoo the reporters away with some rather choice language…

This is where it gets weird; they were so nonchalant about it that they actually kept the woman’s body and put it into Duel as a new piece of theming… heck, they even marketed its addition (“DUEL: NOW WITH ACTUAL DEAD PERSON” was what I remember the TV advert saying…).

The park had said officially that this was due to feedback saying that guests wanted more “realistic” theming within attractions, but I went onto TowersStreet, and the members on TS had other ideas; the common consensus on there was that it was “yet another Merlin cost-saving tactic” to prevent them from having to actually refurbish Duel… the vlogging community was very enthusiastic, however, and they all went down to see the dead body on the ride’s reopening day, with rave reviews accompanying their visits!

Anyway, onto my ride. When I rode Duel, I would discover that the “change” was very obvious as soon as you got into the slanted section of the indoor queue; in this room, the body had been placed onto a rocking chair. The park was displaying it very proudly, with a sign promoting it, and every few seconds, strobe lighting and that zombie screaming sound that Duel uses drew attention to it. After seeing this, I got onto the ride, which was mostly normal apart from the fact that the park had taken some of the dead woman’s outfits from her family and dressed each zombie in the ride in one of them, as well as a white “old lady” wig… the park said that it was so riders would feel the body’s presence throughout the ride!

The ride exit is where things get weird again. Instead of the current wallpapered corridor with paintings up, the park had built a giant viewing window looking into the indoor queue line so that guests could take one last look at the body. When I was in this section, the woman actually woke up. Naturally, I ran away as quickly as my legs could carry me, but it was later said on the news that the woman wasn’t actually dead, but had merely fallen asleep on Duel… Nick Varney then reappeared on the TV looking very smug, and saying “See? Not even news!”…

I know many people want Duel refurbished, but I sincerely hope Merlin never resorts to this idea…

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
I tried to sleep 1hr ago but got a dream.
I visited Gyeongju World today, so I think this influenced me.

After I rode Draken alone, I was waiting for toliet line, and met my high school friend who is a girl. I was happy so I went to ride Valkyrie with her.

But in front of the Klake ride, I got a call ftom my friend who I visited with (he said he'd wait) and told me he's lost. I"m in front of King Viking(midway) "

So I told her and get to assist him find a way. But suddenly, tornado-looking clouds were made everywhere, and the rain started. The wind also became strong. Draken and Valkyrie was still operational with people wearing ponchos.
I tried to climb the hill to get him, but I cannot move forward due to strong wind pulling me. I tried and tried, but I moved 5 steps. and the dream ended...

Vividly remember inside of the park. but the park layout was a bit different with more sidewalks. I was frustrated and woke up at 2:30 AM...
fe7a265d4c153e213fc1a9e10d9038c4.jpg

Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I tried to sleep 1hr ago but got a dream.
I visited Gyeongju World today, so I think this influenced me.

After I rode Draken alone, I was waiting for toliet line, and met my high school friend who is a girl. I was happy so I went to ride Valkyrie with her.

But in front of the Klake ride, I got a call ftom my friend who I visited with (he said he'd wait) and told me he's lost. I"m in front of King Viking(midway) "

So I told her and get to assist him find a way. But suddenly, tornado-looking clouds were made everywhere, and the rain started. The wind also became strong. Draken and Valkyrie was still operational with people wearing ponchos.
I tried to climb the hill to get him, but I cannot move forward due to strong wind pulling me. I tried and tried, but I moved 5 steps. and the dream ended...

나의 SM-G975N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
You got sucked into a tornado. Brilliant

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Had an incredibly short dream last night where Spinning Racer reached the end of its service life and was relocated to a zoo where exactly half of its structure stood. Since the ride had been renamed to 'Spinning Zoo', the ride's sign was put on a short wooden picket fence behind the structure. The 'Racer' part of the sign was gone and the 'Zoo' part of the new logo had bold, tilted white text similar to that of Roller Coaster's logo at Southport Pleasureland.

The end. It was quite literally an image of that, and the dream ended.

Masterpiece.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
It was then the job of the riders to ‘land the train’ by collective ‘catching’ it on their feet, per se, as if landing from a high fall.

After a successful landing, the riders would have to walk the train back to the station to unload from the restraints.
And after an unsuccessful landing?
"Gah. Alright, lads, gotta clean up the mess. Right, Richard, you get the bucket to put the remains in, Al, get the tow truck to tow the wreckage away, Katie, make sure we don't get sued..."

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
(sry for double post but it's been nearly a month)
Had an...........odd dream last night.
So, in the dream, Indiana Beach got sold to a real estate developer who planned to bulldoze the park and build homes on the site. I believe I travelled down a highway, reading all the discussion about the closure on here, but then the dream shifted to a different focus.

Hmmmmmmm..........

Will

Strata Poster
I overtired myself walking yesterday and have just had 15 hours or so in bed, so not really a surprise that my subconscious went a bit weird...

I remember somehow finding myself alone after dark in Chessington Zoo, which was actually quite a scary place full of weird noises. Eventually some staff arrived, who weren't overly bothered by me being there, but did warn that they took animals out of cages after dark (nothing too scary, though I did get on the wrong side of a parrot!) - they even opened a shop because for some reason I wanted to buy sweets?

...I AM going to the zoo tomorrow, and in an ideal world, I'd be being joined by at least two other CFers...

In Part II I was at a very strange version of Winter Wonderland - it was indoors and set off from the main area. I've no idea who I was with, but from the conversation and clothing, they were clearly goons. I rode a kiddie cred where the front car was literally a man on a bicycle. I couldn't work out where all the big creds were, which was a bit annoying. Eventually, I randomly bumped into Sue and we rode a star-flyer type ride and then tried to find some vegan ice cream <3

One other part involved me setting off fireworks in my parents' garden. I think that one's because I'm miffed that they're going away for New Year and leaving me :D

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I had a dream where, somehow, Thorpe bought the Intamin that's going to Asterix. Not a clone, they literally bought the one going there and Asterix didn't get a new coaster.

Thorpe put it on the old Loggers site, of course. But here's the thing. Whilst the Asterix coaster has a launch just after the station, then the swing launch half way round, Thorpe decided against that. They decided to have the station and start of the ride in the middle of the swing launch.

So it meant that the train would pass through the station 3 times before clearing the top hat. It also meant this had to happen before the switch track could engage to allow another train back in the station. So it only ran 2 trains, and the operations were awful.

Ride was fun though.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I had a dream where, somehow, Thorpe bought the Intamin that's going to Asterix. Not a clone, they literally bought the one going there and Asterix didn't get a new coaster.

Thorpe put it on the old Loggers site, of course. But here's the thing. Whilst the Asterix coaster has a launch just after the station, then the swing launch half way round, Thorpe decided against that. They decided to have the station and start of the ride in the middle of the swing launch.

So it meant that the train would pass through the station 3 times before clearing the top hat. It also meant this had to happen before the switch track could engage to allow another train back in the station. So it only ran 2 trains, and the operations were awful.

Ride was fun though.
Wow! Your dreams have all the nerdy details. My ride related dreams are usually along the lines of “I rode [Coaster] but the layout wasn’t quite right.” I wish I had your dreams lol.

Will

Strata Poster
^
They have a nasty habit of derailing for me, which says a fair amount about what goes on in my head...

I know I've used the nerdy details to my advantage on at least one occasion though, such as 'Wait a minute... not only does such-and-such a person not belong in my life, but such-and-such a ride does NOT belong at such-and-such a park. This is a dream.'

nadroJ

CF Legend
My theme park related dreams usually involve lots of cred anxiety - wandering around the park knowing I only have a finite amount of time there but just not riding anything. And usually I have no shoes on for some reason.

I never ever actually get to experience a ride or coaster in my dreams.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
No idea where this came from, but I had a dream that I rode Icon, but for some reason I'd had a falling out with Amanda Thompson, so I was determined not to enjoy it even though I needed the cred.

I rode it with ear plugs, eyes closed and wearing some kind of fat suit thing which somehow cancelled out any physical sensation.

That'll teach 'er!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Last night I had a dream where we found out that the Parque Warner Madrid coaster was a black Mack Xtreme Spinner, with Euro-Mir's trains, and a twister layout (think Taron with the footprint of a Jet Star) and 0-2 inversions. In my head (I hope) I screamed the loudest "YEAH!" of my life.

The end.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Last night I had a dream where we found out that the Parque Warner Madrid coaster was a black Mack Xtreme Spinner, with Euro-Mir's trains, and a twister layout (think Taron with the footprint of a Jet Star) and 0-2 inversions. In my head (I hope) I screamed the loudest "YEAH!" of my life.

The end.
Did you find Spinning Zoo?

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Just had a good one.

I was at a local fair I visited in July-ish, and last night I had a dream that I was back at this fair. They had relocated from the top of the hill to the bottom of the hill next to the forest and playground area. I was walking by the side of the fair and they had a Jamie Whitling Runaway Train, a Go Gator, a Loop Fighter that I'd heard about but didn't see, a Sizzler, a Waltzer, and a strange powered oval thing.

Looking for more rides I found more rides at the top of the hill. They had a Zyklon called 'Alpine Coaster' which I originally thought was Alpina Bahn and several other rides I couldn't identify.

Cut. It was now night and I heard rumours on social media that the fair site was built on unhatched eggs. Specifically they were of quail eggs and they were so small you could put three of them on your fingertip. So I was walking around next to the park's Wacky Worm and sure enough, I found eggs. They were strange alien-like eggs with some of them being directly next to red purple or blue bursts, which were oddly reminiscent of an exploded paintball.

The end.