which one is more legendary?

• Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magnum XL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
This is not about which coaster is better. Both way differ each other. This is about which one is more legendary? I know it is down to opinions so I think this may be an interesting poll.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Magnum... the world had already inverted with the corkscrew, 1 year before Revolution.

Of course, just crossing the 200' mark isn't that legendary either. Bandit had come close- it was just a matter of some extra distance above an imaginary line people have drawn.

So it's a difficult pick, but I'll still go with Magnum.

A

Anonymous

Just because it was made by Arrow, I vote for Magnum. I won't vote for Revolution because it belongs to Six Flags. Six Flags sued Arrow and forced them to close, so I'm never going to vote anything Six Flags again... Haha!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, yeah, Revolution had a loop, but it wasn't exactly very revolutionary (no pun intended :razz: ), as Arrow built their own first loop with Corkscrew at CP only 8 days afterwards.

So, basically, Revolution's first loop wasn't as much a victory as Magnum's pushing the 200 ft. barrier was, as Arrow was right on Schwarzkopf's tail with the first vertical loop.

Magnum, probably because of the fact it's more of a top notch coaster than Revolution today. It hasn't really worn to the point of falling down the coaster ladder too much, whereas Revolution I don't see on really any coaster polls. Magnum also has loads of airtime which it was built for, and it's more of classic and a legend than Revolution IMO.

A plus for Revolution though is that it's a really nice coaster to look at (despite the boring colours) and has also been in one of my favourite coaster pictures. Then again, so has Magnum...

kir

Hyper Poster
From across the pond, as a youngster I always heard about Revolution way before I knew Magnum existed. Therefore it's more of a legend.

Ben

CF Legend
I also heard a lot more about Revolution.

It was on more TV shows, it was in more News stories. It's more of a piece of history really. Magnum only really went a little higher than before...

A

Anonymous

Most people probably saw it starred as the "Whipper Snapper" on National Lampoons Family Vacation.

Thats where I first saw Revolution... haha.

Sam

Giga Poster
Magnum started 'air-time fever' and was the first hyper, though both rides IMO Magnum is more 'legendary' and is also a better ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, UC, to be technical, Magnum is indeed a Hyper coaster, as its the height of the hill itself, not the actual drop, that determines the classification of the coaster. And as Magnum is 205 ft., yeah, it is a hyper coaster. I mean, 6 ft. doesn't make a difference at all.

Also, to tap back to that good ol' Superman vs. MF debate, IMO, it is not a coaster unless it has elements.

Also, how lengendary a coaster is does not necessarily depend on the records, and that is what we're debating in this topic.

So, record breaking or not (depnding on whom your asking I guess), Magnum is indefinately a legendary coaster.

A

Anonymous

^Totally. Before coaster enthusiasm I'd have never knowingly or unknowingly seen Magnum. I saw Revolution countless times though, and I think that having the first vertical loop is more legendary than being the tallest full circuit coaster at the time, that just so happened to have airtime and such.

But that might just be me.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Magnum started air-time fever but didn't Revolution started steel coater fever. From looping steel coasters to airtime steel coasters.

A

Anonymous

Magnum made a large difference in roller coaster. Revolution piggybacked off of Arrow's corkscrew. Revolution worked it's way up, but Magnum shot right to the sky. (literally)

A

Anonymous

Ultimate Coaster said:
Denying Moonsault's height record is like Germans denying the Holocaust.

haha, aweome! :roll: :wink: :roll:

Well, I vote for Revolution, because it just took way way way more effort to build the very first loop than a coaster above 200ft...