What's new

Revolution Makeover

Ollie

CF Legend
Blackpool have posted some images of what the ride will look like on their Facebook page.
421518_10150634019477365_88885897364_9049164_196580994_n.jpg

421518_10150634019497365_88885897364_9049165_1643608084_n.jpg

421518_10150634019512365_88885897364_9049166_1310195397_n.jpg

I think the new logo looks great but dislike how dull the one shade of grey is. Could have mixed it up a bit.

Lofty

CF Legend
Thank **** they've got rid of that HIDEOUS Orange and Blue.

To be honest, this is actually a good move with the colour scheme, it fits with Avalanche perfectly and due to them being right next to one another, it's a good move. It's clear that PB are putting far more thought and movement into make the park more attractive, it needed it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I thought that too Lofty, then I saw the eye-sore of Nick land lurking behind and realised that it just wasn't working :lol:

I looks a bit too much like a bridge now, but it's more appealing than being a peeling ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend
It did need this, its been looking acient for ages now.

Its the end of an era though, its been Iron Bru for ages!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like this. When I think of the north, I think of grey, steel structures. What better tribute? It look smart and fits in perfectly.

Well done, PBB.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Have you been to Newcastle? It has a passing resemblance to the Tyne bridge. Tbh, go up anywhere up north of Stoke and you'll find some kind of steel structure that looks a lot like Revolution.

Treeis

Mega Poster
The last photo of it looks good,

but I think it might be a little too grey. Couldn't they add a streak of blue or something?

Lofty

CF Legend
owenrita121 said:
^ I live in the north, and that made me laugh.
And now that you mentioned the Tyne bridge, I get it now.
Hallelujah, Praise the lord.

I thought the reference was pretty straight forward and totally valid. Lol.

I've ALWAYS hated the support structure, I hate the unsupported "end" to it, I know it's perfectly structurally sound (OBVIOUSLY), but it just make my OCD go mental.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Hmmm, at first I wasn't sure as it's very plain, but it's growing on me.
The ride is very mechanical (it's very simple with just the one loop, and the way it re-treads the same path each time in and out kinda puts me in mind of a piston or similar machine part). The grey suits that very well, and has been said already, it avoids clashing with Rollercoaster (I'm refusing to use the **** new advert of a name).
Hopefully, this also means that Revolution has a good few years in her yet :D

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah its very bridge looking, but it will look much better for it. The orange and blue looked tired. Bravo BPB.

XYZ

Roller Poster
The new colors are OK. They're a bit boring. I would've liked if they had a darker shade of color for the track and supports.