What's new

Reverchon swinging / drifting coasters

Jake

Strata Poster
Sorry if this has already been posted, done a search and couldn't find anything. The search on here can be quite poo though.

Has anyone done one of these? Looks like there are two, one with orange track and one with blue.

Also since when was Reverchon a thing again?

swinging-iso.jpg

swinging-dessus.jpg

416161d1459289308-2015-neuheit-drifting-coaster-swinging-coaster-reverchon-fte-ahrend-12592520_1157713120907611_8439729828624852968_n.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

POV and offride shots:

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMxawWTFwk[/youtubevid]

Looks gross but I'd love to try one.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I think the orange track was just Reverchon testing the trains on the mouse in Bagatelle.
As for the coaster, I've managed to ride it last Tuesday in Bonn and it's pretty gross... The Swinging part is a bit uncomfortable and going backwards, not seeing the track, resulted in some serious punches to my neck. The first drop was unexpectedly fab and even had some airtime, but after that, it quickly went downhill...

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Jake

Strata Poster
TilenB said:
I think the orange track was just Reverchon testing the trains on the mouse in Bagatelle.

Now you've said that I remember it! The photos were posted, then I didn't see anything about it for ages and forgot.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Although there's not much to it, I definitely would like to give it a try.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Looks interesting. If they can work out some of the kinks, it can a really neat experience. But yeah, since when was Reverchon a thing again?

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
It's currently travelling in Germany as far as I am aware.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMxawWTFwk[/youtube]

I truly can see one of these spiting one day, the amount of stress put up on the central column must be unreal!

Ben

CF Legend
TheFlyerMan1 said:
Really? They've ran one in public use and apparently it was excruciatingly painful.

Thorpe are still more likely to get one of these than a Flyer.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Well thats kinda wah-waaah. I thought the rwo sides would swing independent of one another (as shown from the orange tracked one in a previous video it looked at least). Id give it a go, but if you watch that offride it looks like the one kid gets punched in the face with the restraint at the one turn, so it may end up being a pass if one gets built elsewhere or if I make it back to Europe while this is still a thing.

witchfinder

Giga Poster
Strange decision to have two riders facing backwards the whole way through the ride - I think there are going to be plenty of people that don't want to sit in those seats!

Looks like it would be an uncomfortable ride too, but if the track had longer, sweeping turns instead of Wild Mouse style ones the cars could make it quite fun.

TheFlyerMan1

Roller Poster
Ben said:
TheFlyerMan1 said:
Really? They've ran one in public use and apparently it was excruciatingly painful.

Thorpe are still more likely to get one of these than a Flyer.

That's just salt in the wound.

Youngster Joey said:
So it's basically an arrow suspended but in not suspended and in wild mouse form? Seems interesting.

Yeah, pretty much. The swinging is way too abrupt and is about as painful as a Suspended.