Giga Poster
reddude333

April2012.png
[/quote]

scw55

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21289101@N04/6961375476/

CP10

hour7.jpg

So, those of us that go on RCT Lounge, will have seen the monthly screenshot contests they have on there.
I have been wondering for a few months now whether that would be a cool thing to have over here, basically just to add a little something else to the ride competitions we have here, something fun and easy to do. We all love taking pictures of our creations for the comps we run, so I don`t think this would be something at all strenuous to organize.
I have no problem hosting and organizing this each month if it would be something you guys would be interested in?
I`m just testing the waters at the moment, thoughts?

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: Monthly Screenshot Contest (Thoughts?)

Would the topic be free for all or would there be themes?

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

I'm interested in. I know I still have a lot of room for progress and this kind of contest could be very motivating for me to improve. Excellent idea.

reddude333

Giga Poster

I'm cool with this...always fun to get out more ideas. Themed or random it's all good with me :)

Colossus

Giga Poster

Cool, well how about we start off with all posting a shot by the 23rd of April then we`ll do poll for a week then start the next one. There`s no theme this month as there`s only a week or so, so we can just post a shot of stuff we`ve already got. There may be themes in the future.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: Monthly Screenshot Contest - April 12

I'll try to make time to do something worth screen-shotting. I have quite a lot on my plate creative-wise the coming weeks so I hope my pool of enthusiasm doesn't run dry.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Won't be able to do this one, going to Florida so no RCT3 for me. :(

reddude333

Giga Poster

I guess I'll just start things off and hopefully others will follow suit. This isn't even so much a shot for the contest as it is a sneak preview of a massive project I'm just getting started on. Thought it would be an interesting contribution anyway.

April2012.png

Colossus

Giga Poster

That looks really cool actually I`ll get one up Wednesday, if anybody else has something to contribute then that would be great, obviously next month we`ll all have a whole month to get some great shots.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Agree with CP10 ! Curiously I was considering an Intamin launch coaster themed about a sewer for the Comp. You're using Weber's CS, right ?

reddude333

Giga Poster

^Yes, but don't worry, it's not for the comp and it's not "themed around a sewer", a sewer setting is just a very small part of it :-D

[edit: Just realized you probably meant for this comp not another one :oops:]

scw55

Hyper Poster

This is my screenshot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21289101@N04/6961375476/

It's a project accidentally inspired by one of Portemine's past projects. It's a Theme Park that marries Tropical Rainforest with Sci-Fi. I have the Enterance built and two tracked rides. One is a floorless coaster and the other is a Boat-Flume type.
Took me a long time to do those custom supports. I was hindered by the complexity of the track, being new to using them, the height of the track in some parts and general fatigue. It was something I had to do before I did the fun bits, which was planting loads and loads of trees and bushes to create a jungle feeling. I thought it'd be more frustrating trying to put in custom supports amongst the foliage.
It's built in a Sandbox game because I want to use any new CS I download if I do.

FYI there's 26 inversions on the coaster. I kind of want to prioritise this over any contests because I feel like contests restrict me some-what. I want to build imaginative designs without being annoyed when I get slandered for lack of realism.

It's quite thrilling riding it without the scenery as in the last half you twist around in what feels like a field of needles. Going to look amazing when I sort out the foliage.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Hint: Upload to MyCF?

You can right click on the image, copy image location and then post it in. Plus, you'll have somewhere everyone on here can see all your work :)

Colossus

Giga Poster

hour7.jpg

Just a little something I have laying around. A shot of my station from my A Coaster is born project, which I would like to point out has not been forgotten about, I have had some problems with the file, which I have finally managed to rectify, so should be seeing more of that in the future.

Anyway now putting this into vote as we have three now, this is all just trail really, next month should be real good as we all have a month to do a little something, if anybody would like a theme for that let me know on this thread.

Ta.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Oh this is a contest contest. If I had realised I wouldn't have uploaded crap.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Let's call it a tie! :-D Alright, so for May...let's get some sort of theme...maybe this thread will pick up steam over time (at least I hope it will) since it's not hard to enter and its just mainly meant to spur on our creativity if I'm understanding correctly.

Colossus

Giga Poster

You are correct. :)
Just a little something more light hearted. What sort of theme do you think we should have?

Yeah I`m good with a tie. :)

scw55

Hyper Poster

A custom content free contest would be interesting. Who can make the 'nicest' screenshot without any custom scenery/rides/cars/what ever. Purist theme.

reddude333

Giga Poster

I mean, I guess I might just use my screenshot from Mouse's comp then considering I'm not sure I can make anything more full than that. Basically I'm saying I've kinda done this before but it can be fun regardless.