17. Captain Marvel
18. Doctor Strange
19. Thor The Dark World
20. The Avengers
21. Thor
22. The Incredible Hulk

Edward M

Strata Poster
Never saw Captain Marvel but did see Endgame yesterday.
  1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  2. Black Panther
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy
  4. Avengers
  5. Iron Man
  6. Spiderman: Homecoming
  7. Thor: Ragnarok
  8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  9. Avengers: Infinity War
  10. Avengers: Endgame
  11. Doctor Strange
  12. Iron Man 3
  13. Captain America
  14. Captain America: Civil War
  15. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  16. Ant-Man
  17. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  18. Iron Man 2
  19. Thor
  20. The Incredible Hulk
  21. Thor: The Dark World

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I don't remember some of these movies (although I watched them only last or this year), so keep that in mind;

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Spider-Man: Homecoming
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Avengers: Endgame
6. Ant Man
7. Iron Man 2
8. Thor
9. Ant Man and the Wasp
10. Captain America: Civil War
11. The Avengers
12. Doctor Strange
13. Thor: Ragnarok
14. Captain America
15. Black Panther
16. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
17. Captain Marvel
18. Iron Man 3
19. Thor: The Dark World
20. Avengers: Age of Ultron
21. The Incredible Hulk

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
After first viewing of Endgame:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
2. Thor Ragnarok
3. Avengers Infinity War
4. Iron Man 3
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. Ant-Man & The Wasp
7. Captain America The Winter Soldier
8. Ant-Man
9. Black Panther
10. Avengers Age of Ultron
11. Avengers Endgame
12. Captain America The First Avenger
13. Spider-Man Homecoming
14. Captain America Civil War
15. Iron Man
16. Iron Man 2
17. Captain Marvel
18. Doctor Strange
19. Thor The Dark World
20. The Avengers
21. Thor
22. The Incredible Hulk
I can't really be arsed ranking the MCU films, but if I could be arsed, it would look very siimilar to this - except with Black Panther nearer the bottom.

So thanks for saving me the effort :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Too many to rank accurately, but can bunch 'em up into groups if you like?

Favourite: The Avengers

Top tier: Ragnarok, Infinity War, Civil War, Endgame, Homecoming, Iron Man, Ant Man, Strange.

Middle tier: Winter Soldier, First Avenger, Marvel, Panther, Thor, Iron Man 3, Guardians 1 & 2, Hulk, Wasp.

Turd tier: Iron Man 2, Dark World, Ultron.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
After first viewing of Endgame:

2. Thor Ragnarok
3. Avengers Infinity War
4. Iron Man 3
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. Ant-Man & The Wasp
7. Captain America The Winter Soldier
8. Ant-Man
9. Black Panther
10. Avengers Age of Ultron
11. Avengers Endgame
12. Captain America The First Avenger
13. Spider-Man Homecoming
14. Captain America Civil War
15. Iron Man
16. Iron Man 2
17. Captain Marvel
18. Doctor Strange
19. Thor The Dark World
20. The Avengers
21. Thor
22. The Incredible Hulk

Now that I think about it, I rank Endgame between Ant-Man and Black Panther.

TPC

Roller Poster
3. Antman and the Wasp
4. Iron Man
5. Antman
6. Avengers: End Game
7. Doctor Strange
8. Thor: Ragnorak
9. Captain America: The First Avenger
10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
11. Guardians of the Galaxy
12. Captain America: Civil War
13. Black Panther
14. Avengers: Assemble
15. Avengers: Age of Ultron
16. Spiderman: Homecoming
17. Captain Marvel
18. Thor
19. The Incredible Hulk
20. Iron Man 2
21. Iron Man 3
22. Thor: the Dark World

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I'm glad I am not the only one that acknowledges the cinematic perfection that is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, @TPC! I know I love it so much because it's more my kind of movie - cheeky, lots of quirky moments but at the end of the day has a quality story and an amazing selection of music.

TPC

Roller Poster
It's interesting that GOTG V2 is such a marmite film. Some love it, others hate it. Personally, I find it one of the funniest and emotional films that took what was great about V1 and improved it massively. It's the most complete mcu film for me

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It's interesting that GOTG V2 is such a marmite film. Some love it, others hate it. Personally, I find it one of the funniest and emotional films that took what was great about V1 and improved it massively. It's the most complete mcu film for me
It's one of the most overrated films in the series...and that is saying A LOT.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TPC

Roller Poster
While I would say under rated. Barely anybody talks about this film. That's what I mean, it's a polarizing film.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I definitely think it's overrated. V1 was much funnier in my opinion, and I always see V2 above V1. I also think they might have gotten too dark, but that's just me.

Edward M

Strata Poster
As the resident film student on the forums, I can confirm that Guardians 2 is, in layman's terms, pretty damn great. :p

Kurt Russell plays a planet, what more do you want?!?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I know many people (friends, family, peers) that don't like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, but obviously I am not one of them.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Updating for Endgame:

1. Marvel's The Avengers - I still love the hype train that built into this one. The Avengers joining for the first time, after then years of build-up. If only we really appreciated how this was the first of three phases.
2. Thor: Ragnarok - The movie Thor always deserved. I really love Ragnorak as it's the one movie that stuck closest to the comic, especially in terms of art director and cinematography. And who doesn't like Jeff Goldblum as a bad guy?
3. Captain America: Civil War - Really loved the story arc, and mini-Avengers movie they packed in. Very critical point in the Avengers story, with a fantastic rumble fight sequence.
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - This was when Captain America really became badass in my mind. Really enjoyed unpacking more of Hydra's backstory, and the downfall of SHIELD.
5. Guardians of the Galaxy - The spinoff spoof that really, really worked.
6. Black Panther - I've really loved how T'Challa has been developed into the Marvel universe, probably the strongest of "late comer" Avengers.
7. Captain Marvel - Hey! You can still do an origin story in Phase 3!
8. Avengers: Endgame - Great way to cap off the Avengers trilogy, but in a "Deathly Hallows Part 2" kind of way; best seen as part of Infinity Wars. By itself, it's an awkward narrative that has a lot of strands to follow. Again, good ending for the series, but not an amazing film by itself.
9. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - A solid sequel, and love unpacking more of the "space" element for the Marvel universe. Also introduced us to the concept of Jump Points, which helps make the MCU far more navigable as we move from Earth to Asgard to space. There's more than one way (bifrost) to get around!
10. Spider-Man: Homecoming - I have to admit, this is my favorite Spiderverse: Peter Parker with mechanical web slingers and young Aunt May. Best spider man since the OG Sony.
11. Avengers: Infinity War - It's a downer, but well done.
12. Ant-Man - It's a second tier Avenger that doesn't get enough credit. Ant-man is a perfectly good movie, and still far better than much of the DC work.
13. Iron Man 2 - I have a nerd boner for Iron Man 2 as it was when we first really started piecing together the formation of the Avengers. That drunk Tony Stark scene though still merits a lot of negative points though.
14. Thor: The Dark World - I wanted to like this movie so much, getting to venture world's colliding and Jane getting possessed by the reality stone. Better than the original Thor, but not by much.
15. Doctor Strange - Same as Thor: The Dark World, I really wanted to like Doctor Strange, as he is one of the more interesting Avengers in terms of background and power. Still, the plot felt a bit meddling, and bald Tilda Swinton didn't exactly work out.
16. Captain America: The First Avenger - It's fine as an origin story, but Captain America headed for far greater action and adventure in subsequent movies.
17. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Same as the original Ant-Man, really. But at least it answers how Ant-Man is still around post Infinity Wars.
18. Iron Man - It's the very first Avengers movie, which makes it great. And Jeff Bridges as the bad guy? Even better. But hey, there's now a lot better movies.
19. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Ugh, Ultron is cool as a bad guy in concept, and we got the Vision. Still, the final action sequence felt like there was a lot left to be desired. And some random plot threads too, such as going to Wakanda, picking up the twins, and remains of Hydra?
20. Iron Man 3 - could have ended in 15 minutes by giving the "House Party" command. And the Mandarin is such a better villain than what they gave!
21. Thor - It was boring, let's be honest. Also, while we're at it; how crap is the Asgard Vault? Like, everyone keeps breaking into it, stealing the Infinity Gauntlet, Tesseract, and the literal defense system. So much of the MCU would be better if it wasn't for Thor and his meddlesome gods.
22. The Incredible Hulk - Edward Norton, you can do better. (Still better than Eric Bana though)

Snoo

The Legend
Endgame is essentially what Hyde stated.. great FINISH but stand alone is a bit weird if you don't know the backstory. If you can watch Infinity and Endgame in order, that makes a great, 5 hour long movie IMO.

Fantastic/Very Rewatchable:

The Avengers
Black Panther
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man
Spiderman: Homecoming
Thor Ragnarok

Great:
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain America First Avenger
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Endgame

Average:
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Thor
Captain Marvel

Not very good:
Guardians Vol 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
Thor Dark World
The Incredible Hulk

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Post Far From Hone ranking:

2. Thor Ragnarok
3. Avengers Infinity War
4. Iron Man 3
5. Avengers Endgame
6. Guardians of the Galaxy
7. Ant-Man & The Wasp
8. Captain America The Winter Soldier
9. Spider-Man Far From Home
10. Ant-Man
11. Black Panther
12. Avengers Age of Ultron
13. Captain America The First Avenger
14. Spider-Man Homecoming
15. Captain America Civil War
16. Iron Man
17. Iron Man 2
18. Doctor Strange
19. Captain Marvel
20. Thor The Dark World
21. The Avengers
22. Thor
23. The Incredible Hulk

davidm

Strata Poster
Quite liked Iron Man when it first came out, was a bit different at the time.

Everything that has followed it has been pretty awful though - apparently not awful enough to prevent me actually watching them (when they come around on $ky, I'm not paying cinema-money for that tosh). Just the same thing over and over again with different CGI/cartoon characters rotating around the tedious CGI-fight sequences.

I just watched Captain Marvel (since it came around on $ky) - and that was genuinely one of the worst 'major' films I think I've ever seen. Just could not believe how stupid it was. And de-aged Sam Jackson, ugh what on Earth!

Actually watched Endgame a little while back and that was OK (but still stupid), but far better than tonight's tosh anyway.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Update to my list having now seen all movies to date and given most of them a second viewing.

1. Captain America: Civil War
3. Iron Man
4. The Avengers
5. Spiderman: Homecoming
6. Avengers: Endgame
7. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Thor
9. Black Panther
10. Captain America: The First Avenger
11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
12. Captain Marvel
13. Ant-Man
14. Ant-Man & The Wasp
15. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
16. Spider-Man: Far From Home
17. Iron Man 3 (based on one viewing)
18. Iron Man 2
19. Doctor Strange
20. Thor: Ragnarok
21. The Incredible Hulk
22. Avengers: Age of Ultron
23. Thor: The Dark World (boring!)

Recent ones are generally quite low rated as I'm officially bored of Marvel movies now!

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Never did update this so might as well do it now:
1. Endgame
2.Infinity War
3. Ragnorok
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5.Black Panther
6. Far From Home
7. Guardians 2
8. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
9. Doctor Strange