What's new

Rank your Ridden B&M Inverts

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Banshee - Kings Island - it's an original design with so much g-force. My only qualm is not very re-ride-able, but by far one of the better B&Ms of recent history.
2. Afterburn - Carowinds - Man, they don't make them like this any more! Smaller, but lots of tight, small inversions.
3. Raptor - Cedar Point - Come at me; this is one of the best ideas Cedar Point ever had. It still remains a forceful ride 24 years later; a lesser second half compared to today's standards is easily forgivable. It still has one of the best zero-g rolls and cobra rolls out there.
3. Great Bear - Hersheypark - And you said Raptor has a dwindling second half? This ride is very underrated for it's quirky layout - I still really enjoyed its flow of inversions!
4. Patriot - Worlds of Fun - It's a perfectly fun ride, but like Talon, doesn't offer an edge over other inverts.
5. Talon - Dorney Park - Great ride, very standard.
6. Batman the Ride - Six Flags Magic Mountain - It's blue.
7. Batman the Ride - Six Flags St. Louis - not blue.
8. Batman the Ride - Six Flags Over Georgia - blue again.
9. Batman the Ride - Six Flags Over Texas - yellow!
10. Chinese Fireball - Islands of Adventure - Better than the other half, but still feels like half a ride.
11. Hungarian Horntail - Islands of Adventure - Just felt... slow.
12. Silver Bullet - Knott’s Berry Farm - If only they would have given it a real hill to gain speed.
Status update:

New 1. Alpengeist - Busch Gardens Williamsburg - da fuq did I just ride? The placement, the theming, the MASSIVE expense of inversions across the first half are some of the most on-point roller coaster-ing out there. Stuff tamed down after the second half (advantage to Banshee for not having MCBR), but absolutely loved the g-force, speed, and especially night ride.

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
1. Nemesis - Alton Towers (Very Intense, Well Themed)
2. Montu - Busch Gardens Africa (Love the Batwing)
3. Alpengeist - Busch Gardens Europe (First Drop is great, love racing over the banks of snow and through icehouses)
4. Afterburn - Carowinds (Love the Batwing)
5. Dueling Dragons - Islands Of Adventure (defunct) (Queue was great, dueling was great, Potter ruined it)
6. Raptor - Cedar Point (I love racing alongside the midway and seeing Blue Streak from the station)
7. Talon - Dorney Park (Glossy Smooth)
8. Silver Bullet - Knott's Berry Farm (Great Bear of the West but better)
9. Batman The Ride - Six Flags Magic Mountain (The best of the clones)
10. Goliath - Six Flags Fiesta Texas ( This one has a nice plaza out front)
11. Batman The Ride - Six Flags Great Adventure (same as Magic Mountain)
12. Batman The Ride - Six Flags St. Louis (It kept its original color scheme)
13. Great Bear - Hersheypark ( Nice placement over the water, very smooth, not intense)
14. Batman The Ride - Six Flags Over Texas (Ouch)

Last edited:

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Excluding Batman clones because I've ridden 4 and they all differ in quality...

1. Nemesis - the perfect Invert. Incredible theming, intensity, ridiculous Gs, absolutely no breathing room, and surprisingly re-rideable thanks to a near lack of lines all day.
2. Raptor - back row at Coastermania this year was fantastic. With the exception of the MCBR which is a bit of a dead spot, it has the B&M roar and intensity from the glory days we all know and love.
3. Chinese Fireball - only rode this a couple of times in 2015, but have very fond memories of front row rides on this one. The layout was excellent with a perfect blend of intensity, whip, and visuals even without dueling, and I sorely miss it :cry:
4. Banshee - another one I only rode twice, but had tons of fun the first time, ranking it as my favorite. My second ride was a bit weaker, probably because it was towards the middle, but the intensity, especially with it's drawn-out layout was great, even with a distinct rattle.
5. Hungarian Horntail - I hardly remember it to begin with, but I think it was fun. This was the one with the cobra roll, right? (okay, sarcasm aside, I do remember really liking it, but I only rode it once so I barely remember it. Unfortunately, I can never remember it again...)

Snoo

The Legend
There's gonna be a lot of unpopular opinions and hot takes here, so be prepared!
  1. Raptor, Cedar Point; This ride is surely one of the best coasters I've ridden! It's very intense, very smooth despite it's age, and honestly, the headbanging doesn't really bother me that much.
  2. Banshee, Kings Island; Honestly, Banshee could be better than Raptor, but the rattle brings it down a spot. A very fun, intense ride nonetheless!
  3. Alpengeist, BGW; It's been a while since I've ridden this ride, but I remember it being very fun and smooth. I definitely need a re-ride to see if it would be higher though.
  4. Afterburn, Carowinds; THE single largest disappointment of my East Coast Cedar Fair trip, I found Afterburn for the most part forceless and a little bit on the rougher side, and not just because of headbanging. In fact, I don't remember banging my head at all! It was still a very fun ride, but like Alpengeist, I definitely need a re-ride.
I also need to mention that I only got 1 ride on both Alpengeist and Afterburn, and they were both in the 4th row, and both in the "Big Boy" seat, and I blame my sister for this as she said, and I quote, "NO ZACH I'M NOT WAITING IN THAT LONG OF A LINE" when the line was only 2 :emoji_zipper_mouth:ING TRAINS AWAY FROM US GETTING ON FOR THE BACK ROW! I was pretty pissed off about that.

To be honest, the middle on both of those rides is the least exciting. I've been lucky enough to marathon both of them in some capacity over the years and found them to be, as is the case on most Inverts tbh, the most lackluster rides. Alpie is the best in the front IMO and Afterburn in the back (@Hixee and I damn near had orgasms after 8+ rides on it. :))

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
1. Pyrenees
2. Nemesis
3. Black Mamba (elevated by fireworks)
4. Batman la Fuga
5. Monster
6. Afterburn
7. Nemesis Inferno
8. Flight Deck
9. Great Bear
10. Alpengeist

11. Phaethon
12. 'Will I bother putting more Batmans here?' SFMM
13. Yes SFoG
14. But it is getting a bit samey now SFGAdv

15. Silver Bullet
16. Diavlo
17. Ozlris

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
1. Montu (2019)
2. Alpengeist (2019)
3. Banshee (2017)
4. Talon (2017)
5. Afterburn (2017)
6. Batman: The Ride — Six Flags Over Georgia (2018)
7. Great Bear (2018)
8. Batman: The Ride — Six Flags Over Texas (2018)
9. Raptor (2017)

Imagineer55

Roller Poster
1. alpengeist
2. nemesis
3. silver bullet (way underrated imo)
4. great bear
5. batman (sf magic mountain)
6. raptor (may have just caught it on a bad day but it was way too aggressive for my liking)

Edward M

Strata Poster
  1. Montu: Consistently intense with a solid theme and, best of all, a batwing
  2. Afterburn: Montu but a bit shorter with less theming and lines
  3. Raptor: had a great time with this which I wasn't expecting. Great invert.
  4. Black Mamba: Found this to be wildly overrated. Theming was impressive, but the layout left me unimpressed.
  5. Batman SFGAdv: For some reason, I really loved this version despite generally disliking these clones. *shrugs*
  6. Silver Bullet: I was expecting much less, but it was a lot of fun.
  7. Goliath SFFT: The other good clone I've done but less theming.
  8. Great Bear: Fine.
  9. Patriot: Pretty usual B&M invert other than the Zero G.
  10. Batman SFOG: Solid lil ride.
  11. Dragons Ice RIP: When it was dueling, I would probably put it over Silver Bullet. In reality, I knew it mostly as a subpar B&M invert awkwardly close to another one.
  12. Nemesis Inferno: Better environment than most Batman clones but a worse layout
  13. Batman SFSL: Eh
  14. Dragons Fire: Too intense for me really
  15. Batman SFMM: Only ride was painful

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Alright let's do this:

1) Batman SFGAm - Probably home park bias, but to me this ride is a work of art. The layout is amazing, the theming is really solid, the terrain interaction is some of the best in the park, and it still runs butter smooth nearly 30 years later. It's a perfect blend of intensity and grace. Might not be able to top it, tbh.

2) Alpengeist - This ride is so close to being perfect. The first half is absolutely fantastic, tons of intensity and awesome elements. The theming and terrain is great all around, too. It's just the second half I have an issue with. If it had another 10 mph to it, it might top Batman. But it just crawls through the post-midcourse layout. Other than that, absolutely stellar ride.

3) Great Bear - What a fun little ride! Some really well-done elements mixed with a great setting makes for a solid ride any day. Yeah, the last turn could be a little shorter, but whatever. It's still super fun!

4) Talon - Only got one ride on this, but it was good for what it was. It wasn't quite there, but I enjoyed it.

5) Afterburn - It's aight. The batwing is cool and it has some nice forces, but it feels a bit incomplete. Not sure exactly what it was, but I felt like something was off with the ride.

6) Raptor - Pretty inoffensive tbh. It does what it does, and it does it well enough. Nothing overly amazing about the ride, but nothing terrible either. Can't really hate it.

7) Batman SFStL - This ride was so sad. The paint was chipping, it's over a gravel field, and the queue line was so unbelievably long. The ride itself was pretty good, but the whole atmosphere of the ride really didn't do it justice.

I also rode Hungarian Horntail many years ago, but I literally cannot remember anything about it to rank it properly. If I had to it'd probably fall between Raptor and Batman StL.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
  1. Nemesis- Intense, butter smooth, great and unique setting and layout. This thing also is hauling these days too
  2. Raptor- Great helix and overall very forceful, some of the transitions make it rough though.
  3. Inferno- After riding it the other day i think this ride is super underated. Its not top ten worthy but its better than most of the crap at Thorpe and can give some intense rides.
  4. Batman Clones- Not a fan of two loops tbh, these things are fun but i just wouldn't rave about them tbh.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
1. Afterburn
2. Banshee
3. Batman SFMM
4. Batman SFFT
6. Batman SFGAm
7. Raptor
8. Patriot
9. Silver Bullet
10. Batman SFOT

I think that's it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PvM

Roller Poster
  1. Black Mamba - Intense, great theming and great atmosphere in the station.
  2. Nemesis - Intense, great and unique layout and location, beautiful to look at.
  3. OzIris - great theming in the queue but not very forceful. Fun layout nonetheless.
  4. Nemesis Inferno - great looking ride but has the least interesting layout of the bunch.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Alright let's do this:

1) Batman SFGAm - Probably home park bias, but to me this ride is a work of art. The layout is amazing, the theming is really solid, the terrain interaction is some of the best in the park, and it still runs butter smooth nearly 30 years later. It's a perfect blend of intensity and grace. Might not be able to top it, tbh.

2) Alpengeist - This ride is so close to being perfect. The first half is absolutely fantastic, tons of intensity and awesome elements. The theming and terrain is great all around, too. It's just the second half I have an issue with. If it had another 10 mph to it, it might top Batman. But it just crawls through the post-midcourse layout. Other than that, absolutely stellar ride.

3) Great Bear - What a fun little ride! Some really well-done elements mixed with a great setting makes for a solid ride any day. Yeah, the last turn could be a little shorter, but whatever. It's still super fun!

4) Talon - Only got one ride on this, but it was good for what it was. It wasn't quite there, but I enjoyed it.

5) Afterburn - It's aight. The batwing is cool and it has some nice forces, but it feels a bit incomplete. Not sure exactly what it was, but I felt like something was off with the ride.

*6) Batman SFGAdv - Right between the other two Batmen I did. Nice forces, but the area isn't the best. Very middle of the road.

7) Raptor - Pretty inoffensive tbh. It does what it does, and it does it well enough. Nothing overly amazing about the ride, but nothing terrible either. Can't really hate it.

8) Batman SFStL - This ride was so sad. The paint was chipping, it's over a gravel field, and the queue line was so unbelievably long. The ride itself was pretty good, but the whole atmosphere of the ride really didn't do it justice.

I also rode Hungarian Horntail many years ago, but I literally cannot remember anything about it to rank it properly. If I had to it'd probably fall between Raptor and Batman StL.

Whoops, forgot about the GAdv Batman! It's right there in the middle of the rankings.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
  1. OzIris
  2. Montu
  3. Black Mamba
  4. Nemesis
  5. Batman The Ride (Magic Mountain)
  6. Dueling Dragons (Fire)
  7. Dueling Dragons (Ice)
  8. Nemesis Inferno
  9. Silver Bullet
Really strong set of coasters. Even my lower ranked ones were still very enjoyable.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Guess I can update this...woo.

Nemesis Alton Towers
Black Mamba Phantasialand
Afterburn Carowinds
Banshee Kings Island
Alpengeist Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Raptor Cedar Point
Talon Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
Flight Deck California's Great America
Dragon Challenge Universal Studios Islands of Adventure (Ice/Blue/Horntail perfered)
Nemesis Inferno Thorpe Park
Vampire La Ronde (the best of the Batman clones <3 )
Montu Busch Gardens Tampa
- "stand out" Batman's
- Batman The Ride Six Flags Great America (original, kinda themed... water)
- Batman The Ride Six Flags Over Texas (deeper trenches than most, same for La Ronde)

- all the same
- Batman: Arkham Asylum Parque Warner Madrid
- Batman The Ride Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Batman The Ride Six Flags Great Adventure
- Batman The Ride Six Flags St. Louis
- Batman The Ride Six Flags Over Georgia
- Goliath Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Great White SeaWorld San Antonio

Patriot Worlds of Fun
Silver Bullet Knott's Berry Farm (ew)
Great Bear Hersheypark (meh)

Last edited: