What's new

Rank the Gravity Group coasters

Hutch

Strata Poster
Interesting to see someone who still loves Ravine Flyer II! Of course rides can vary and all, but hype for RFII really seemed to have fallen by the wayside a little as of late, so nice to see such a big fan!
Big factors were expectations and the night rides. Wasn't expecting the best thing in the world considering recent reviews (particularly on the roughness), and of course the night rides elevated it more.

2. Ravine Flyer II - now last year this didn't live up to the hype, this year I rerode in the dark and it was amazing! Wondering whether they did some track work over the winter as last year it seemed a lot rougher.
Right?! I was expecting a rather rough time as well but I thought it was pretty smooth. I'd say the smoothness was on par with Voyage this year, arguable smoother even.

I never rode it before this year, but they must have done some sort of work on it this past year.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
  1. Voyage
  2. Roar-o-saurus
  3. Mine Blower
  4. Ravine Flyer II
  5. Hades
  6. Kentucky Flyer
  7. Wooden Warrior

Again, none of these rides are bad by any stretch of the imagination - Kentucky Flyer and Wooden Warrior are just smaller and weaker than the rest due to their target rider cohort.

1. Voyage
  2. Roar-o-saurus
  3. Mine Blower
  4. Ravine Flyer II
  5. Boardwalk Bullet
  6. Switchback
  7. Hades
  8. Kentucky Flyer
  9. Wooden Warrior

Allow me to reiterate: I have yet to ride a bad Gravity Group coaster. Don't let this list deceive you - Boardwalk Bullet is one of the best coasters in Texas. I was blown away how they were able to pack so much airtime in such a tight spot. The park seems to be maintaining the ride well too - it was smoother than expected. Switchback may be small, but it provides a fun ride and a unique experience with the backwards portion of the ride. I'm ranking it above Hades essentially because I rode Hades pre-Timberliners.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
This is dumb, clones are breaking me.

1. Jungle Trailblazer (Zhengzhou) - Visit the top 10 thread to see me gushing about this thing.
2. Jungle Trailblazer (Nanning) - Clone of the above, without the circumstances.
3. Fjord Flying Dragon - Goes on for days, delivers perfectly throughout.
4. Jungle Trailblazer (Zhuzhou) - Clone of the above, 35°C colder.
5. Jungle Trailblazer (Wuhu) - Almost perfect with a really well executed inversion, just got one big slow turnaround.
6. Wooden Coaster - Fireball - First half is a bit of an older style with bigger drops and turns. Refreshingly gets better towards the end.
7. Jungle Trailblazer (Jinan) - Stays really low to the ground a lot of the time, with incredible results. Took a little time for me to warm to it and the inversion feels pointless.
8. Dueling Dragon (Blue) - Goes on for days, gets a little slow at the end. Shame it didn't duel.
9. Wood Express - Amazing little thing, delivers perfectly throughout.
10. Timber - Stronger than the above, but feels jarringly short in comparison.
11. Cú Chulainn - Starts strong, dies out quite badly.
12. Jungle Trailblazer (Xiamen) - Starts strong, dies out even quicker.
13. Twister - Cute and impressive ride but I didn't manage to fall for it. The restraints seemed awkwardly higher up on your body, the staff were stapling, Grona Lund in general gave me a headache and it was obnoxiously loud.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Interesting that you thought the Nanning clone was (almost) as good as the original. I LOVED Zhengzhou's, but the one in Nanning left me cold.

I'll have to have a go at this list later when I'm not on my phone. Can't think of them off-hand.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I LOVED Zhengzhou's, but the one in Nanning left me cold.
Yeah, I was very worried after your report.
Luckily it still destroyed me through the whole first half and only got better as the day went on. If there was any weakness, it was very minor and never stopped me appreciating it more than all the others.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Recently I added Mine Blower to my list, so here's an update.

1) Voyage - No explanation needed. This my all time favorite coaster. It's relentless for 2 minutes straight and delivers in every category, insane airtime, laterals, and positive Gs
2) Dauling Dragon - I was pleasantly surprised by this awesome ride! It starts with a few crazy ejector moments (the high five being absolutely incredible), it tapers off a bit at the end but still amazing
3) Boardwalk Bullet - What a hidden gem! Similar to DD the first section of this ride is sop relentless and intense. There's great airtime throughout and it's so compact.
4) Roar-o-saurus - This ride is just plain CRAZY! I didn't expect such violent airtime from such a little coaster.
5) Mine Blower- That drop is awesome and the inversion is executed really well. The remainder of the layout is airtime galore which I absolutely loved. Unfortunately only got one ride due to limited time.
6) Wooden Warrior - It's basically a tamer version of Roar-o-saurus but it still has some great airtime, especially in the first half.
7) Twister - I love the intensity and compact nature of this little coaster. Great airtime as well.
8) Kentucky Flyer - In my opinion the weakest of the mini GG's that I've done, but that not saying much because it's still a ton of fun!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Time to update:

1. Voyage - Voyage rightfully overtakes Ravine Flyer as the best GG. Now I'm basing it on the magical and trimless night rides (day rides are, uh, night and day), but the recent retracking makes for a very smooth (while still wild) ride.

2. Ravine Flyer II - Actually sits right being Voyage in my rankings. Loved the night rides and pace, but Voyage just has more to offer now.

3. Roar-O-Saurus - Sat on this thing for 14 rides back when it opened and it was stupid fun. It's actually pretty violent, and the airtime gets better towards the end.

4. Switchback - I probably would've put this above RoS if I only got a couple rides, but after 8 rides it was becoming a bit much. The first half is fantastic, and I love the floater in the spike, but going backwards is pretty exhausting during a whoring session.

4. Wooden Warrior - Pretty solid stuff, but a step down from RoS and Switcback in terms of intensity. Good pops of airtime, not much else to say really.

5. Kentucky Flyer - Heard this was among the lower end of the family woodies and that's what I got. It has some decent airtime, but it's just not as exciting as the others. The setting isn't the best either. I mean, still a solid ride, can't go wrong with it.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
1. Jungle Trailblazer (Zhengzhou) - Visit the top 10 thread to see me gushing about this thing.
2. Jungle Trailblazer (Nanning) - Clone of the above, without the circumstances.
5. Jungle Trailblazer (Wuhu) - Almost perfect with a really well executed inversion, just got one big slow turnaround.
6. Wooden Coaster - Fireball - First half is a bit of an older style with bigger drops and turns. Refreshingly gets even better towards the end.
7. Ravine Flyer II - Some sparks of genius over that bridge, gets a little slow at the end.
8. Voyage - I respect the sheer magnitude and ambition of it all, but the pacing is all over the place and it's never that good in any singular moment, unlike everything above it.

9. Jungle Trailblazer (Jinan) - Stays really low to the ground a lot of the time, with incredible results. Took a little time for me to warm to it and the inversion feels pointless.
10. Mine Blower - Man behind us said it better than I ever could. Jesus Christ on a cracker.
11. Hades 360 - Ugh, this is that good in so many singular moments and it could have been a game changer, but the pacing is all over the place and the physical toll it extracts is an ordeal, even for me.

12. Dueling Dragon (Blue) - Goes on for days, gets a little slow at the end. Shame it didn't duel.
13. Wood Express - Amazing little thing, delivers perfectly throughout.
14. Timber - Stronger than the above, but feels jarringly short in comparison.
15. Cú Chulainn - Starts strong, dies out quite badly.
16. Oscar's Wacky Taxi - Yup.
17. Jungle Trailblazer (Xiamen) - Starts strong, dies out even quicker.
18. Kentucky Flyer - S'alright.
19. Twister - Cute and impressive ride but I didn't manage to fall for it. The restraints seemed awkwardly higher up on your body, the staff were stapling, Grona Lund in general gave me a headache and it was obnoxiously loud.
20. Zippin Pippin - Wouldn't really call it a Gravity.
21. Coastersaurus - Does this even count as a Gravity?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Bump.

6. Wooden Coaster - Fireball - First half is a bit of an older style with bigger drops and turns. Refreshingly gets even better towards the end.
7. Ravine Flyer II - Some sparks of genius over that bridge, gets a little slow at the end.
8. Voyage - I respect the sheer magnitude and ambition of it all, but the pacing is all over the place and it's never that good in any singular moment, unlike everything above it.
9. Jungle Trailblazer (Jinan) - Stays really low to the ground a lot of the time, with incredible results. Took a little time for me to warm to it and the inversion feels pointless.
10. Mine Blower - Man behind us said it better than I ever could. Jesus Christ on a cracker.
11. Hades 360 - Ugh, this is that good in so many singular moments and it could have been a game changer, but the pacing is all over the place and the physical toll it extracts is an ordeal, even for me.
12. Dueling Dragon (Blue) - Goes on for days, gets a little slow at the end. Shame it didn't duel.
13. Wood Express - Amazing little thing, delivers perfectly throughout.
14. Switchback - edit: oops, I knew I came in here for more than one reason, but then completely forgot about it
15. Timber - Stronger than the above, but feels jarringly short in comparison.
16. Cú Chulainn - Starts strong, dies out quite badly.
17. Oscar's Wacky Taxi - Yup.
18. Jungle Trailblazer (Xiamen) - Starts strong, dies out even quicker.
19. Boardwalk Bullet - Same issue.
20. Kentucky Flyer - S'alright.
21. Twister - Cute and impressive ride but I didn't manage to fall for it. The restraints seemed awkwardly higher up on your body, the staff were stapling, Grona Lund in general gave me a headache and it was obnoxiously loud.
22. Zippin Pippin - Wouldn't really call it a Gravity.
23. Coastersaurus - Does this even count as a Gravity?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
5. Wooden Dragons Roller Coaster - The pacing of their best family coasters, with the heft to back it up.
6. Jungle Trailblazer (Wuhu) - Almost perfect with a really well executed inversion, just got one big slow turnaround.
7. Time Travel - I don't know what to do here, this thing was wild and wrecked but that only added to it. Why can't the drops on Voyage ride like this?
8. Wooden Coaster - Fireball - First half is a bit of an older style with bigger drops and turns. Refreshingly gets even better towards the end.
9. Ravine Flyer II - Some sparks of genius over that bridge, gets a little slow at the end.
10. Voyage - I respect the sheer magnitude and ambition of it all, but the pacing is all over the place and it's never that good in any singular moment, unlike everything above it.
11. Jungle Trailblazer (Jinan) - Stays really low to the ground a lot of the time, with incredible results. Took a little time for me to warm to it and the inversion feels pointless.
12. Jungle Trailblazer (Ningbo) - Clone of the above, but busted.
13. Mine Blower - Man behind us said it better than I ever could. Jesus Christ on a cracker.
14. Hades 360 - Ugh, this is that good in so many singular moments and it could have been a game changer, but the pacing is all over the place and the physical toll it extracts is an ordeal, even for me.
15. Dueling Dragon (Blue) - Goes on for days, gets a little slow at the end. Shame it didn't duel.
16. Wood Express - Amazing little thing, delivers perfectly throughout.
17. Switchback - edit: oops, I knew I came in here for more than one reason, but then completely forgot about it
18. Timber - Stronger than the above, but feels jarringly short in comparison.
19. Cú Chulainn - Starts strong, dies out quite badly.
20. Oscar's Wacky Taxi - Yup.
21. Jungle Trailblazer (Xiamen) - Starts strong, dies out even quicker.
22. Boardwalk Bullet - Same issue.
23. Kentucky Flyer - S'alright.
24. Twister - Cute and impressive ride but I didn't manage to fall for it. The restraints seemed awkwardly higher up on your body, the staff were stapling, Grona Lund in general gave me a headache and it was obnoxiously loud. Then it was closed.
25. Zippin Pippin - Wouldn't really call it a Gravity.
26. Coastersaurus - Does this even count as a Gravity?

Now what's this about a sea monster?