What's new

Rank the Giga Coasters

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Wait, this topic doesn't exist already?! I'm fortunate enough to have been on four, will hopefully ride Orion sometime in the next year, and I'm really hoping I can get a Japan trip set sometime in the next few years and ride Steel Dragon 2000.

1. Fury 325 - B&M's finest ride. The speed and intensity at which it races through its layout is unbelievable, and each transition provides a unique sensation as the forces shift.
  2. Leviathan - Leviathan is a bit more tame than Fury, but still carries its speed well and exhibits one of the longest moments of sustained airtime that I've ever experienced with its large camelback hill.
  3. Intimidator 305 - Intimidator combined the formulas used for Millennium Force, Maverick, and the Mega-lites and resulted in this wild ride. It's incredibly intense, but that's what makes it fun.
  4. Millennium Force - By no means a bad ride at all. Cedar Point takes real good care of the OG giga coaster and it shows. The ride still runs fantastically for being 20 years old already.

1. Fury 325
  2. Intimidator 305
  3. Orion
  4. Leviathan
  5. Millennium Force

Orion grew on me after managing a few laps with full trains. Like I said in my last post, there's nothing wrong with Millennium Force at all - the rest are just better.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
5. Millennium Force

giphy.gif

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
1. Fury 325 - Very special though not spectacular, I was let down by this ride but I still loved it.
2. Orion - Baby Fury, which is a ridiculous concept in itself, I like it.
3. Steel Dragon 2000 - Before the mid course it's just dumb, but the countless hills that follow it all provide decent airtime and make it worth riding.
4. Intimidator 305 - I respect that it does things you can't get anywhere else in the world, though it just doesn't really interest me.
5. Millennium Force - S'alright.

1 to go, can B&M hog the entire podium?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
1. Intimidator 305
2. Fury 325
3. Millennium Force

None of these are bad rides at all, in my opinion; all 3 giga coasters crack my top 20, with Millennium Force at #20, Fury 325 at #6 and Intimidator 305 at #2. I happen to really enjoy intense coasters, which is why Intimidator 305 is my favorite giga coaster out of what I've ridden.
1. Intimidator 305
2. Fury 325
3. Orion

4. Millennium Force

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I’ve been on three so far and they all make my top five. I feel that I like them an equal amount and the rankings could easily switch depending on the type of ride I want to ride, but because intensity is the primary factor in my rankings, here’s how I rank them:

1. Intimidator 305- I finally got to ride this one on Friday and my initial impression after my first ride was that it was not as intense as people made it out to be. It was fast and forceful, but I didn’t find it more intense than say, an old-school B&M invert. However, after a couple of rerides and time for the ride to really warm up, it shot up in my rankings. The first turn and turn after the midsection cause leg-numbing positive G’s, and I loved the feeling of being crushed. The laterals are extreme, almost to the point of discomfort as I could feel my brain being slammed around in my head. This ride is a real endurance test and it’s the only ride I’ve come off of with sore arms due to how intense the positive G’s are.

2. Fury 325- This is the giga I’ve ridden the most as it’s at my home park. I think it has objectively the best layout of the three. It has the best first drop, as it feels like you’re plummeting forever. It has whippy transitions, but they feel more comfortable than the ones on I305. The turnaround is great as it feels you’ll be ejected into the parking lot. Overall just a fantastic ride, and probably my sentimental favorite.

3. Millennium Force- This was the first giga I’d ever ridden and 7 year old me thought it was the best thing ever. The last time I rode it was about 7 years ago, so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but this is the most fun giga coaster to me. The two I have ranked above it are slightly more intense as they have more varied layouts, but Millennium Force is a ride that I can appreciate just for the sensation of speed. It has a couple of decent airtime moments too. It’s not overly forceful, but just the sensation of speed makes it a joy to ride.

I’m hoping to get to Orion and Leviathan at some point, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it to Spain or Japan to ride the gigas there, but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the three I’ve been on.

Last edited: