What's new

Rank the Gerstlauer Infinity Coasters

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Turns out I like all of these to greater or lesser extent. We're up to 10 of them in the world (so close) and it's definitely an exciting type that deserves its own thread now.

1. Schwur des Kärnan @ Hansa Park - The beast. Incredible theming, ridiculous layout, stupidly intense. World class.
2. Junker @ Powerland - Finnish loop folds you in half and the midcourse tries to rip you in half. Variety really shines here.
3. Mystic @ Walibi Rhône-Alpes - Amazing first drop and that upside-down spike thing... love it.
4. HangTime @ Knotts Berry Farm - The hang on the drop into those lap bars is just sublime. Intense, disorientating, surprise airtime. Lights!
5. Gold Rush @ Slagharen - Very short, but great use of the triple launch and some strong variety.
6. Fury @ Bobbejaanland - Bit short and less variety of forces. Backwards!
7. Smiler @ Alton Towers - Restraints and having to suffer the queue are the only issues for me. Intense, disorientating, surprise airtime. It's good and you know it.
8. Madagascar Mad Pursuit @ Motiongate - Nice attempt at indoor theming, but feels more family ride - holding back a bit.
9. Karacho @ Tripsdrill - Has its moments but not a huge fan. Don't like the Novgorod lurch into the launch and the layout is a bit clunky.

Alessio

Roller Poster
1. Schwur des Kärnan: Incredible Ride, awesome airtime, Pacing and Theming, definitely a Top 5 Coaster in my list
2. Karacho: I really like the Coaster, the inversions are phenomenal, the top hat is solid and the launch is intense
3. The Smiler: Long ride, some good and some decent inversions, 2 solid Airtime moments and excluding the Cobra Roll and 2 Final Corkscrews the Ride wasn’t rough at all in my opinion.

My overall ranking of all infinity coasters:
1. Schwur des Kärnan
2. Junker
3. Monster
4. Karacho
5. The Smiler
6. Mystic
7. Hangtime
8. Fury
9. Goldrush
10. Madagascar Mad Pursuit

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
1. Karnan
2. Fury
3. Karacho
4. Gold Rush
5. Smiler

Nearly put smiler above Gold Rush but I think Gold Rush is more refined and less jolty/no OSTRs.

Out of the others I've not done I think Junker and Monster look particularly interesting.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I’ve been very fortunate in terms of fitting these onto trips and now I have all 10. Probably the biggest set I have.

1. Kärnan - By far the most bombastic of the lot. It’s certainly flawed but it’s a crazy ride that always feels bigger and faster than it should be.
2. Junker - This one is better than Kärnan in many ways but it’s just not quite as ridiculous. It’s got an excellent launch and a very well-designed layout with a wide variety of forces.
3. Monster - Quite similar to Junker but with a euro-fighter drop rather than launch. It’s a very good drop and the layout is really fab again, just perhaps taken at a slightly slower pace than it’s Finnish brother.
4. Mystic - Well this was a surprise; didn’t look that great on POV but rides so much better. It’s such a little gem where every element counts even if it’s not a very long ride. My only criticism was that it braked a little early after going backwards.
5. Fury - Backwards option was a nice novelty, especially when going over the first top-hat thingy, but I still preferred forwards. Some great airtime moments there and a pretty solid layout. The spikes were great. Best in Belgium.
6. Karacho - I think #4-6 could really be any order; I haven’t ridden this in 5 years so it’s much less fresh in my memory than the 2 above. I do remember it having some rather nice lateral movements and a fantastic dive loop.
7. Gold Rush - This does have a few bits of strong airtime, but it lacks the finesse of Mystic and the sheer size/speed of Fury.
8. Hang Time - I do really like hang-time as a sensation, but with full-loyalty to its name, that’s pretty much all it offered, at least after the first drop. That was the best part, especially with the holding brake.
9. Madagascar Mad Pursuit - Hmm.. It’s good. Compared to say Revenge of the Mummy it’s probably better as a bare coaster but the theming / atmosphere is simply not on-par. I don’t mean it should be scary like Mummy as that wouldn't be appropriate here, but an immersive atmosphere on that level would’ve greatly enhanced the ride experience.
10. The Smiler - Ugh, by far the worst of the lot. It would be a mistake to judge the coaster model on this particular installation. I applaud it for being ambitious, but in its execution I don’t find it very enjoyable, unlike the rest.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Might as well update this one now as there obviously won't be any more of these in the trip report.

1. Schwur des Kärnan @ Hansa Park - The beast. Incredible theming, ridiculous layout, stupidly intense. World class.
2. Junker @ Powerland - Finnish loop folds you in half and the midcourse tries to rip you in half. Variety really shines here.
3. Mystic @ Walibi Rhône-Alpes - Amazing first drop and that upside-down spike thing... love it.
4. HangTime @ Knotts Berry Farm - The hang on the drop into those lap bars is just sublime. Intense, disorientating, surprise airtime. Lights!
5. Monster @ Adventureland - Plenty of bang for your buck on a long and varied ride, just never quite as potent in any particular moment as the ones above.
6. Gold Rush @ Slagharen - Very short, but great use of the triple launch and some strong variety.
7. Fury @ Bobbejaanland - Bit short and less variety of forces. Backwards!
8. Smiler @ Alton Towers - Restraints and having to suffer the queue are the only issues for me. Intense, disorientating, surprise airtime. It's good and you know it.
9. Madagascar Mad Pursuit @ Motiongate - Nice attempt at indoor theming, but feels more family ride - holding back a bit.
10. Karacho @ Tripsdrill - Has its moments but not a huge fan. Don't like the Novgorod lurch into the launch and the layout is a bit clunky.