7. Alpenexpress
8. Poseidon
9. Matterhorn Blitz
10. Atlantica Supersplash
11. Schweizer Bobbahn
12. Euromir

Matt N

CF Legend
Right; I can finally do this now! Let’s give it a go, shall we?
  1. Silver Star - This is just absolutely glorious from start to finish for me, and intensely rerideable! The airtime is sublime, it’s reasonably smooth (if not quite as glass smooth as Mako), the sense of speed is great (particularly in the front), both halves really deliver in very different ways, and all in all, I just think that this is a phenomenal roller coaster that is so fun and rerideable! The only thing keeping it from being my number 1 overall is that compared to Mako (my current number 1), no individual airtime moment on Silver Star has quite the same impact as Mako’s strongest airtime moments for me, and that it’s not quite as glass smooth as Mako (SS is smooth, don’t get me wrong, but Mako’s glass smoothness was one of the things I loved about it). SS’ airtime moments are all pretty damn impactful in their own right, however, and all in all, I absolutely adored this ride; it always left me buzzing afterwards! 10/10, #2/91
  2. Wodan Timbur Coaster - It may have just missed the top spot, but Wodan is an absolutely exceptional roller coaster in its own right, in my opinion. It may be the single most unhinged roller coaster I’ve ever been on; it is absolutely relentless. In fact, I’m not sure that relentless quite does it justice; it is phenomenally fast-paced! Also, it has loads of really fun airtime moments, seemingly throwing you from the seat at most chances it gets, and as is typical with GCI, the twists and turns are really good fun, and the ride is also very smooth and comfortable by woodie standards. Overall, Wodan is absolutely nuts, but in a fun way; it’s not too intense in terms of positive g-forces, and it never hurts or feels too much, but it’s so, so crazy, and every ride had me buzzing and crying with laughter on the brake run without fail. It’s super fun, it’s thrilling without being too intense, it’s got stacks of airtime, it’s rerideable; Wodan certainly ticks all my boxes, and is a truly brilliant ride, in my opinion! 10/10, #3/91
  3. Blue Fire - Blue Fire is perfectly good fun, but definitely a distant third among Europa’s big 3 coasters for me. However, I think that merely reflects the phenomenally high quality of Wodan and Silver Star as opposed to implying that Blue Fire is vaguely bad or even anything less than great; it’s an excellent coaster, in my opinion, and definitely one I had fun riding! One thing I will grant it is that compared to the other 2 Mack launch coasters I’ve ridden (Icon and Slinky Dog Dash), I was quite taken aback by how punchy the launch was! It properly pinned you into your seat, and felt almost hydraulic in strength; easily up there with Rock’n’Rollercoaster as one of the most intense non-hydraulic launches I’ve done (the hydraulics really are on another level)! And in terms of the actual body of the ride itself; I thought it was fun, with a very smooth ride experience and some nice inversions. The big loop offered some nice hangtime, and the last inversion really threw you out of the seat in such a glorious way; the final roll gives Swarm’s brilliant roll over the station a run for its money, although I’m not sure which I prefer! However, I felt like the ride as a whole was missing a certain spark to elevate it to that 10/10 tier for me. It does lack airtime, in my opinion (even on the back, I could only count one moment of straight airtime, and not an overly strong one compared to the likes of Wodan and SS in the same park), and although the ride as a whole is very smooth, I thought 1 or 2 of the transitions felt a tad… off. Both the pull up into the MCBR and the whip out of the roll into the final brake run made my head hurt a tiny bit (hardly a cracking headache, however; just a very minor thing), and they felt kind of unnatural in the way they were done. However, that’s petty nitpicking on my part; Blue Fire is a great ride overall, and in any other park, I think I’d be raving about it. It’s just that the pure brilliance of Wodan and Silver Star leaves it feeling somewhat eclipsed, in my opinion. Perhaps controversially, I also prefer Icon by a fair distance, which might not help. 9/10, #10/91
  4. Cancan Coaster - This is just great fun, in my opinion! It’s fast-paced, it’s reasonably smooth, it’s surprisingly thrilling, and it’s also quite long; what’s not to like, really? Definitely a superbly fun all-round family roller coaster; it has great universal appeal, and is just very light-hearted and really nice to ride! 8/10, #21/91
  5. Arthur - This was a huge surprise for me! I didn’t expect to overly rate it, as I was expecting quite a tame, kiddified attraction here, but I thought this was a real hidden gem among Europa’s coaster lineup! This joins the likes of Gringotts in being one of the few coasters that I wouldn’t feel comfortable ranking by virtue of its track and train hardware alone, as a significant percentage of its ride duration goes towards dark ride sections, and I must say that these are done superbly, with excellent theming throughout! And the coaster sections themselves are surprisingly vigorous; the ride feels much faster than it is! Overall, I thought Arthur was a great little attraction; don’t dismiss it, as it’s far more worth your time than you might expect, in my opinion! 7/10, #26/91
  6. Pegasus - This was another surprise! I was expecting something akin to a Vekoma Rollerskater like Flight of the Hippogriff here, but it was a fair amount more thrilling than that! I’d liken it more to Thirteen’s outdoor section, with perhaps even a tad more punch than that, and there are a couple of surprising pops of airtime! It’s also very smooth, and overall, I think Pegasus is a really solid coaster for what it is that definitely took me by surprise! 7/10, #27/91
  7. Alpenexpress - This is a really good fun powered coaster, in my opinion! There are some good fast helixes, the layout is fun, and it keeps good pace; what more can you ask from one of these? Definitely up there with RMT at Towers as one of the strongest powered coasters I’ve done, in my opinion! 6/10, #35/91
  8. Schweizer Bobbahn - This isn’t quite as good as Avalanche at Blackpool Pleasure Beach for me, but I still think it’s quite good fun! There are some fun helixes in there, and it does pick up some speed towards the end! However, I don’t think it feels as fast as Avalanche, and it also has a slight rattle that Avalanche doesn’t. However, I still think it’s a fairly fun little ride overall! 6/10, #36/91
  9. Atlantica SuperSplash - I was hoping I might quite like this, as I do like a good drop and airtime hill, but I honestly found it rather disappointing. The coaster functionality felt a bit pointless, if I’m being honest; the backwards drop didn’t really seem to serve any purpose aside from merely being there, and even the big drop and airtime hill themselves, while OK, didn’t have the fun factor I was hoping for. I got decently wet on it while still staying within the realms of fun wetness, so it did deliver as a water ride, in fairness, but it wasn’t really a favourite of mine even in that department. This undeniably looks really nice, but I wasn’t a huge fan; it’s not something I’d go out of my way to ride again unless it had a short queue. 4/10, #61/91
  10. Matterhorn Blitz - I’ve got to say that the elevator lift was very fun and novel on this, and it felt a bit smoother than other wild mice I’ve done, but it’s not a ride style I generally enjoy, so I’m afraid this wasn’t one I overly rated. 4/10, #72/91
  11. Poseidon - Ouch. This was very rough, and I didn’t think the coaster section itself did much of interest. It seemed to get horrifically jolty and bash me to pieces whenever it turned or did anything overly forceful, and even the straight sections had an odd roughness that really hurt my bottom (that sounds odd, I know, but that’s how it genuinely felt…). Granted, it delivered as a water ride, getting me pretty wet while remaining within the realm of fun wetness, and it looks absolutely stunning, but the roughness meant that I wasn’t a fan at all, sadly. 2/10, #81/91
  12. Euro Mir - Ouch. As with Poseidon above, this seemed to get horrifically rough whenever it turned or exerted force, and it was phenomenally painful for most of the thrilling body of the ride. The ending is possibly one of the single roughest sections of coaster I’ve ridden, and there are many other sections of bad bashing throughout the ride. Granted, Euro Mir is quite forceful for a ride of its type, and it’s certainly a novel ride, but it was just too rough for me, sadly. 2/10, #82/91

Indy

Hyper Poster
  1. Wodan - So rambunctious with such great pacing. It is one of GCI's best works.
  2. Blue Fire - I'm aware of its faults, and many of my goon friends recognize that I'm a bit of a Mack fanboy, but I still think this ride is excellent. It does nothing perfectly but does everything well, or in the case of the inline twist, so poorly that it is amazing. It's like they intentionally didn't heartline it. I love it.
  3. Silver Star - Sometimes I feel this is on the underrated side. It definitely doesn't have the strongest airtime, but it is solid and I'm always surprised by how much whip you experience through that ending.
  4. Arthur - It's just stupidly fun. I love everything about it.
  5. Pegasus - So, I've only ridden this with VR, but it was far and away the best execution of VR that I have experienced. I'm sure it's less impressive without the VR, which is something I've literally never said about any other ride.
  6. Schweizer Bobbahn - Not much to say. It's a bobsled and good fun.
  7. Eurosat - I've only ridden the old version, but I didn't think it was as bad as it was made out to be. Nevertheless, I don't fault them for overhauling it.
  8. Matterhorn Blitz - Typical large park mouse model, but with an elevator lift. Fun, but not remarkable.
  9. Alpenexpress Enzian - I feel like I might be selling this short. It's good fun for a powered coaster.
  10. Euro Mir - Agonizingly long lift followed by some meandering, followed by a proper coaster section that is far more intense and brutal than I ever imagined. Subsequent rides have been more enjoyable since I know what to expect, but it is still difficult to enjoy.
  11. Poseidon - I don't particularly enjoy getting wet on rides, so I really don't enjoy them when they are particularly rough.
In my two visits, I couldn't be bothered with Ba-a-a Express or Atlantica Supersplash.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
  1. Silver Star - tis a bit inconsistent with the trimming, but always plenty of floater to be had and the second half is better than on most B&M Hypers.
  2. Blue Fire - more floaty than super thrilling, but the layout is beautifully engineered and the inversions / weird overbank are fab. Launch is also surprisingly decent.
  3. Wodan - not a big fan of the layout, but has a great sense of urgency and some powerful lateral forces. Also noticed more airtime than usual on most recent visit.
  4. Euro Mir - pretty stupid, awkward coaster but I enjoy it a lot. The spiral lift hill is a special place, snaking around the towers is fun and the final helix is quite forceful.
  5. Poseidon - seemed smoother this year than it has been since I was a child. Particularly love the final drop and airtime on the camelback.
  6. Eurosat CanCan Coaster - definitely preferred the original as this version is not as exciting, but it‘s still fun and the theming is a step-up quality-wise.
  7. Atlantica SuperSplash - doesn’t do a whole lot obviously, but always enjoy the slight stomach-dropping sensation on the backwards drop and again, final drop / camelback combo.
  8. Pegasus - tis a bit soulless for an EP coaster, but possibly the best family coaster of this scale with some airtime and decently thrilling turns
  9. Arthur - used to feel nothing for this ride but it’s growing on me. The ‘paradise’ section feels jarring but the rest of the theming is good and I like the ride system.
  10. Alpenexpressen - a very tame coaster obviously, but has wonderful ambiance especially in the diamond mine.
  11. Matterhorn Blitz - had a decent ride on most recent visit, but usually it’s an underwhelming experience after the commonly frustrating wait time. Charming theme though.
  12. Schweizer Bobbahn - I love its presentation and that helps somewhat onride, but otherwise it’s a short, vibrate-y, uninteresting ride.
  13. Ba-a-a Express - cutely-themed kiddie cred

ThomVD

Giga Poster
1. Silver Star: the biggest problem with it is how inconsistent it is- feels like it runs differently every visit. But when it runs well, it's a glorious airtime filled hyper.
2. Wodan: fast, ferocious and fun from start to finish. A bit on the short side but makes up for it with its brutal pace.
3. Blue Fire: very comfortable, smooth and enjoyable. The last inversion is the only real standout moment but other than that it's pretty good throughout.
4. Can Can Coaster: when it was still Eurosat it was much closer to the top 3, but they kinda ruined it with the new version. Better theming but the ride experience is now a bit dull and overly trimmed.
5. Arthur: great ride system, pretty good theming but I do wish it was themed after something else, because I don't find Arthur and the Minimoys a particularly appealing IP.
6. Alpenexpress: probably my fave powered coaster. Feels a bit faster than the others and I love the cave and interaction with the log flume.
7. Pegasus: just a good and fun family coaster. Nothing more to say about it really. Wish it was a bit longer.
8. Euro Mir: this is when it starts to get a bit poo. Very uncomfortable, but I do enjoy the lifthill music and the meandery spinning section before the first drop
9. Atlantica Supersplash: It's just a splash coaster. But at least it's smooth, has a fairly big drop and looks beautiful.
10. Poseidon: Kinda like Atlantica, except it has a bit more to it but is also a lot rougher and less wet. Equally picturesque though.
11. Matterhorn Blitz: It's a pretty standard wild mouse that is not worth the long wait when there's so much else to do in Europa Park.
12. Ba-a-a Express: +1
13. Scheiße Bobbahn: gives me a headache and is just kinda boring. Can we have more intamin bobsleds pls?

Overall, I think Europa Park has a pretty solid top 3, but the rest is quite mediocre especially after what they did to Eurosat.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Just came back, thought I’d re-rank. I’ll review first.

Cancan

I always had liked Eurosat, even when it was a janky dark mess. In present day though, I really feel it’s one of the funnest things at the park. The ride isn’t overly forceful, but has a long layout and it has some good speed. Cancan coaster is just so damn reridable and really left me wanting to go back. The theming is beautiful as per usual. Best family coaster?

Euro-Mir:
I used to like this! Not so much on this trip. Euro-Mir needs a serious reimagine in my opinion. It has such janky transitions throughout the layout, specifically the ending jolt into the breaks. I also feel in a reimagined version they should potentially have less trains and speed up the lift hill if possible? I think the spiral lift just feels sooooooo long, and it really bloats the ride time. Euro-Mir I think just needs what Europa did to Eurosat, a full redo. This coaster has really dropped in my rankings. On the positive, it has a savage positive G moment at the end!

Silver Star:
I had some good rides on this! The first half is kinda lukewarm in my opinion. It has some mild floater on the first few camel backs, but nothing to write home about. Post MCBR though it is brilliant. Some very whippy floatjector and the ending s bends give a great ending. I also did not find it rattly either.

Wodan: Amazing pacing, great layout, still the beast I remember. I did find this a little rough to be honest. The ride probably remains my favourite, but Voltron will probably change that.

Blue Fire:
A great all rounder. Fun launch, some nice airtime moments, and a final heartline roll that wants to kill you. I think I prefer Icon now I have ridden that, but Blue Fire is still great.

Some quickies, Swiss Bob Run was a lot better than last time. It was my least favourite last time!

Anyway the rankings:

1. Wodan
  2. Silver Star
  3. Blue Fire
  4. CanCan
  5. Arthur
  6. Swiss Bob Run
  7. Matterhorn
  8. Poseidon
  9. Euro-Mir
  10. ASS
  11. Pegasus. Alpian and Voltron were both closed, but I’m making a last minute journey in early May to ride Voltron. I was a little pissed when I realised it would open two weeks later! 🥲