What's new

Rank the Alton Towers coasters

Nick13

Mega Poster
Visited yesterday for the first time in a few years:

1. Nemesis Reborn - the back row night ride was amazing and liking the new theme, not so keen on the new queue line though.
2. Wickerman - running much faster than I remembered
3. Smiler - this was probably my #1 at Towers last time, still enjoy it but always a chore to get on with its queue line shenanigans!
4. Oblivion - really showing it’s age now but was the most reliable major coaster in the park yesterday, and probably one of the best capacities with the full station in use.
5. Rita - meh.
6. Thirteen - didn’t ride yesterday due to crazy queue times but enjoy it for the drop I suppose…
7. Runaway Mine Train - rarely ride it but ok for a Mack powered…
8. Galactica - queued a ridiculous amount of time with 3 breakdowns including when sat on the train. Used to enjoy it years ago but doesnt do it for me anymore, not a fan of the sensation lying on your back either. And the Galactica theme makes zero sense anymore, time for it to go…
9. Spinball whizzer - not ridden in years
10. Octonauts - did it once for the shameless cred!

BobaFett

Roller Poster
1. Wickerman - I really like GCIs, they are always fun rides. The theming and the pre show are really great, the layout itself is rather tame, compared to other GCIs, still a fun ride, imo.
2. Thirteen - I like the location in the forest, also the theming, the surprises. A fun ride, nothing too spectacular though.
3. The Smiler - Fun coaster, not as rough as I expected (except for 1 bump pretty much at the airtime hill at the end somewhere, if I remember correctly). Had a ride completely in the rain, which was definitely an experience, especially going up the vertical lift hill.
4. Oblivion - I like Dive coasters, and this is the OG.
5. Galactica - Being the first Flying coaster, it's a bit lame, compared to other Flying coasters. Still I enjoyed it.
6. Nemesis - Not a big fan of B&M inverts, but I really love how it's embedded in the terrain.
7. Rita - The launch is awesome but just with Desert Race at Heide Park, I really despise the seats and the restraints. Maybe it's because I'm quite tall, but it's really uncomfortable and thus not really reridable for me.
8. Runaway Mine Train - Love the tunnel alongside the Congo River as it boosts up.
9. Spinball Whizzer
10. Octonauts

witchfinder

Giga Poster
Shocked I've never posted in this thread, given I have lived within 30 minutes of the park almost my entire life. I think I must have posted in a similar thread sometime in the past. Anyway....

1. Nemesis
  2. Rita
  3. Wicker Man
  4. Thirteen
  5. Smiler
  6. Galactica
  7. Oblivion
  8. Runaway Mine Train
  9. Octonauts
  10. Spinball Whizzer

And as an old guy, all the defunct ones:
  1. Thunder Looper
  2. Corkscrew
  3. Black Hole
  4. Alton Mouse
  5. Alton Beast
  6. Four Man Bob
  7. Dragon/Beastie
  8. Mini Apple
I would put Thunder Looper above Thirteen and maybe even WM. Loved that ride!

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
1.Nemesis Reborn
Brilliant coaster, now it's the complete package, absolutely love it.

2. Wicker Man
A Very close second, again a great all round package attraction and very thrilling, just doesn't quite beat the National for my number one wooden coaster.

3. Oblivion
A one trick pony, but it's it's bloody good trick.

4. Rita
A ride that's grown on me in recent years, the launch still takes my breath away but the layout and overall theme lacks.

5. Spinball Whizzer
A great family coaster, more thrilling than I expect it to be, and a lot of fun.

6. Galactica
Needs a overhaul now to find it's home in FV but it's a fun enough ride.

7. Thirteen
Good family coaster, nice drop element, questionable theme.

8. Runaway Mine Train
Decent family coaster, very good theme too.

9The Smiler
Poorly executed ride, no attempt at themeing beside the structure in the middle of the ride, the rest of it takes place in a concrete pit. The queue is horrible, the ride itself is rough with no thought given to the layout other than to take the number of inversions.

10. Octonauts
Typical kids coaster.