What's new

Random CC Question

Martyn B

CF Legend
So what do you guys do to your CC, say when a coaster or park changes it's name?

Like, if you've ridden a coaster multiple times with different names? Or if the park changes it name. Do you keep it as it originally appeared on your count or do you change it accordingly?

Also, (let's use Disney Hollywood Studios here) say you have the Rock'n'Rollercoaster at DHS. But they change the name of the park and the new Slinky coaster opens..... what happens to the RnRC? Does it stay at DHS or do you change?

This was just a very random thought I had the other day when updating my count.

Ben

CF Legend
I keep it, until I ride the coaster or visit the park under its new name, then I change it.

I just wouldn't feel right saying I'd ridden say, Bizarro at GADV when really I've only done Medusa?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Agreed. Just as how many folks play by the "one track, one credit" rule - a renamed roller coaster is still the same track, and hence counts as one credit.

For instance, I had Mantis and Flight Deck (KI) on my coaster count, until I had ridden Rougarou and The Bat this year, and simply changed the neat of each credit.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I use both names once I've ridden it with the new name for the ride or the park. Using Ben's example - I have it listed in my CC list as 'Medusa/Bizarro - Six Flags Great Adventure' because I've ridden it as both. On the other hand, I didn't ride Top Gun The Jet Coaster or BORG Assimilator at Carowinds until after the park was purchased by Cedar Fair, so both are listed just as Afterburn and Nighthawk in my CC. I also have 'Led Zeppelin The Ride/Time Machine - Hard Rock Park/Freestyle Music Park' in my CC list because I've ridden it both years the parks were open.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Doesn't Coaster Count automatically change the cred name?

I keep it on my count. If the coaster changes location, then I count it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It sorta depends.

If it's just a paint job and re-theme, I just rename it in my spreadsheet as and when I remember. I'm not really that fussed for recording how many rides I had it as one and/or the other. Definitely not two creds. This applies to rides like Superman/Bizzaro.

If it's new trains, retheme etc, then I'll just rename it once I've ridden the new version and probably add a note about the changes. Definitely not two creds. This applies to rides like Mantis/Rougarou.

If it's a complete overhaul, retracking, RMC-ing etc, then it gets a separate line and counts as a new cred. I wouldn't count a simple retracking, but Colossus and Twisted Colossus are (in my eyes) completely different coasters and so would count as two creds.

Parks wise, I'd just update the name as/when they change it and I wouldn't change anything about how I record it. It doesn't really matter to me that much.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I keep it listed in my count exactly as it was at the time of riding. So, for example, I have Rollercoaster and Zipper Dipper listed for Blackpool.

But then, I also have a separate cred list in the order of riding (which I use more frequently than an actual favourite count). So if I go back to Blackpool, I'll list it as the new name but put a zero beside it so that I don't recount the cred).

I've been told I have quite an excessively over-the-top spreadsheet as I try and count as I go by manufacturer...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxnz1k ... sp=sharing