What's new

Puffin Coaster (Baby B&M Wing) - RLRides

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Soooo playing around and tryna figure out these new baby B&M wings. I did my own version of the Legoland wing. It actually has been really challenging working with low speeds in FVD. But its been fun so I'm gonna see if I can make a finished coaster. Here's the first draft of the layout.

221129-1.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ok 11 versions later, I have a layout that works. This has been a nice little challenge so far.

The roll was suuuper hard to perfect, due to the low speed and lateral forces I had to use a geometric approach but I really like the outcome, infact its one of my favourite elements I've made, I mean look at the profile.

Screenshot-2023-03-03-at-08-55-05.png
230303-4.png

The overview of the layout
230303-5.jpg

230303-3.jpg

Last edited:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Quick update, decided to theme the ride to Puffins. They're cute and which suits the style of ride...but also they live on cliffs.

I had this idea after looking at The Strat rides and Glenwood Caverns. It's great having a family aimed coaster with low forces (I've always wanted to design one) but then you put the coaster on top of a mountain or a huge building and it adds a lot to the personality of the coaster and an extra thrill that isnt gonna be taxing on the body. I think these family wing coasters are perfect for this setting, with the open seating position. Puffin Coaster goes right up against the edge of the cliff a few times, but it would still be fun and re-rideable for everyone.

230309-7.jpg

230309-5.jpg

230309-6.jpg