What's new

PTR - A Few Crap Pics of Seven Drawfs Queue

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
So I finally found the energy to gather the family up after work and go join the train on Snow White!

MK was heaving. The first lap of the night parade was about to start so Main Street was stop and go. After being directed all the way around thru Frontierland we ended up at the new coaster to find a posted wait of 90 minutes :( The queue line was completely full so we believed it. We figured it would be 60ish anyways so we got in line.

About 15 minutes or so of the queue is outside in more or less a straight line. After that portion you end up in a hut that has two of the three interactive elements; the match the jewel game and the play with water to make music game. The first game is actually harder than you would think, as you have to match color and shape. Having to do these basic things while keeping up with the line is almost impossible. The music thing was whatever, I feel like we have seen it already at Mansion. (Note I had my flash on the whole time but the "outside" pics came out very dark)

Next you end up inside and are at the spin the barrels to make the little people show up on the ceiling. If all 7 barrels are spun at the same time Snow White does her little dance. We made it happen but I had to spin 2 barrels at once so couldn't get any pics of the damsel.

The line then passes agonizingly close to the ride before turning back to a few more switch backs.

Before we knew it, we were on the ride! Shocking how fast the 90 minutes went... because it was actually only 40 minutes of queuing. :) They had maybe a couple dozen FastPass+ come thru, so the stand by line moved very quickly.

My first of two rides was in the front row. My 2nd was in the back car. You have all seen the POV so what I will add is the drop out of the station is sudden in the front but great in the back. You get good air (for a family coaster) a couple times in the back car, and once in the front car. My car did not rock at all in the front row. In the back we swung like an Arrow Suspended. It really was a huge difference in ride experience. Disappointingly the final scene with Snow was not working, all of the animatronics were stationary.

Overall this is a great family ride, and a very re-ride-able coaster. The dark ride portion is short, but the classic songs get you humming along and the dwarf stuff is stunning if not a little lacking. I would even go as far to say that the coaster portion is more thrilling than Big Thunder, the drops are sudden and the turns are tight.

Can't wait to add Gringott's in a few weeks. The ride team has started EVAC training, TM previews should be any day now. :)