What's new

Project Ski - B&M. (Update - 14/11/09)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Up in the French Alps, a new breed of thrill is being born. One that simulates the feeling of skiing for the inexperienced skiier. Swoop down the mountain, take on huge Ski jumps, and even slalom.

BMSit-Down1.png

Project Ski, Opens soon.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I recall I made one of those once. The drop down the hill brought lethal forces, and the pacing was all off. I never even finished trackwork. I hope, and think, you'll do better than me.

Good luck!

Xpress

Strata Poster
I'm sorry, but the transition in the second pic doesn't look right at all :(

The other two look good though :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
Why didn't you make this a stand up? It would be a bit more realistic...

It is, I just forgot to chan ge the train type. My bad.

And I agree, Xpress, it's been changed now though.

If this was a real coaster, the throughput would be dire as it's one car trains.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^One car trains?! That's going to make designing a bitch too!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
^One car trains?! That's going to make designing a bitch too!

Yep. Ha. But, you can only get the feeling of skiing that way. You wouldn't have a another car blocking you on the slopes, so this is the best way.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This reminds me more and more of the coaster I made. Make sure to include a halfpipe as well, it's just to put a couple of stall turns after each other. Or corkscrews.

How tall is it? I know the terrain in NL doesn't go higher than 80 metres, are you going for maximum height, or off the ground perhaps?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Pokemaniac said:
This reminds me more and more of the coaster I made. Make sure to include a halfpipe as well, it's just to put a couple of stall turns after each other. Or corkscrews.

How tall is it? I know the terrain in NL doesn't go higher than 80 metres, are you going for maximum height, or off the ground perhaps?

Halfpipe is in the plans. I don't know heights and stuff, since it starts off pretty high to the limit NL will let me.

Here is an editor shot that may help. It's nowhere near the final layout, I'm just playing around. Also, the track always stays within 10ft of the ground. It follows it.

Ski.png

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
As the black run progresses further into the mountains, riders are sure to be thrilled as they ski through the rough terrain.

Black Run: Go beyond

BMSit-Down5.png

BMSit-Down4.png