Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Subs

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike

Giga Poster
You've gone out shopping and have brought home a lovely baguette from the bakery. You're a bit peckish, so you decide to put that baguette to good use. However, a dilemma awaits you!

Do you:

a) Slice the baguette into rings, where you can easily dip the bread into some olive oil/balsamic vinegar, cover the bread in your favourite spread, or perhaps evenly toast it up in the oven.
670px-Slice-Bread-Step-25.jpg

Or

b) Cut the baguette into a sub sandwich, ready to stuff with your favourite meats, cheeses and garnishes.
Philadelphia+Spanish+Baguette.JPG

You have plenty of time to do what you like and you have everything available to choose either option. So which method do you go for?

I've always preferred my French Bread in small, easy to manage rings, lathered in butter and marmite.

When I first saw people cutting the bread long-ways as a kid, it deeply confused me as to why anyone would ever do that.

But which cut do you prefer?

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I tend to prefer subs these days. I used to cut rings and butter them, but these days I tend to prefer making a proper sandwich, or at least have enough room to lay out some cheese or ham slices on the bread.

Mike

Giga Poster
If you prefer baguette sandwiches, you'd choose the "subs" option.
If you prefer dipping your bread in olive oil, prefer less crust, or doing as I do and smother it in butter, then you'd choose the "rings" option.

Really didn't think I'd have to explain this one. You'd might as well reply to EVERY poll on here with "Well, it depends what I'm feeling at the time".

Favourite stand-up comedian? Well, it depends what I'm feeling at the time.
How many meals do you have each day? Well, it depends what I'm feeling at the time.
Meat or fish? Well, it depends what I'm feeling at the time.
Etc.

:roll:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ But I like both, Mike ;) Where's the option for that?! ;) :p

Most of the time these days I eat a baguette in sub form for sandwiches. I only ever cut it the other way for evenings of elegance, normally involving olives, cheeses and a cracking selection of deli meats.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Both but rings need to be cut off of the loaf at a decent angle (30*+) or they're too small, I usually consume as rings for snacking and a sub if it's for breakfast or a sandwich.

Ben

CF Legend
It's more like, I'll have it as a sub if I'm having a sandwich or rings if it's on the side of another meal.

I don't prefer either method, they both have their place.

Sorry you made a **** poll Mike.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I won't be awkward Mike ;)

I like both methods, I like the rings with a salad with a bit of butter on them, and I also like them on the side of a BBQ. However, 90% of the time I have my baguette sliced and filled with cheeses and/or meats. As I use this method much more regularly I obviously prefer it as a sandwich! Even though I still enjoy the rings.

There you go people, that's the answer to the question ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
With a bread knife? Or am I supposed to read more than the topic title? :p