What's new

Predictions for your future number 1 coaster?

Darren B

Giga Poster
CoasterCookies topic on past & present number 1 coasters got me thinking as to what my number 1 coaster would be in the future.

I stated heavily in that topic my love for EGF, but I'm surely bound to ride a coaster which gives me that even greater thrill right? If I had to predict right now from the current breed of coasters I've seen there are only potentially 3 coasters that I feel may challenge the number 1 crown, these being Mountain Flyer, Bizarro SFNE and Millennium Force.

What are your thoughts guys? Is there anything out there that you haven't ridden that may hit your number 1 spot? Or maybe something you've already ridden but would love to re-ride as it may just take it now! Fire away....

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Darren B said:
CoasterCookies topic on past & present number 1 coasters got me thinking as to what my number 1 coaster would be in the future.

I am glad my topic was so inspiring :)

Anyway, as i said in my topic Goliath is my favourite coaster, closely followed by EGF and i do think it is possible for EGF to over take Goliath, in fact i wouldn't surprised if they kept swapping places in the future as i rank them so close together. Other coasters that could possibly beat it would be:

Wooden:

El Toro: The airtime looks completely mental and the ride should be pretty smooth
T Express: A nice combination of El Toro and my fav wooide balder with lots and lots of airtime hills
Outlaw Run: Short, but looks completely relentless mixed in with strong airtime. First drop looks insane
Mountain Flyer: I love GCI's and this one looks to absolutely incredible.

Steel:

Bizarro: I have actually ridden back when i wasn't much of an enthusiast and given my love for other intamin megas, I'd say it has a good chance
Skyrush: Depends how i click with the ride, but i'd imagine if i loved it then its 'wow factor' would be very strong
Helix: Not open yet, but looks to have a really diverse layout and excellent chance on delivering quality on all good coaster features.

These are the ones that spring to mind, but if i think of any others i will post them in later.

bmac

Giga Poster
CookieCoasters said:
El Toro: The airtime looks completely mental and the ride should be pretty smooth

Depending on the weather you can have between an "eh this ride is good but not great" and a "holy **** this ride is absolutely mental" experience. Haven't been on it at all this year but I've been hearing murmurs on other boards that the Kia Soul wrapped train has been running absolutely outstanding this year, and a lot of people are psyched for Riding of the Bull Five. It's the kind of ride that should have no problem finding its way into an enthusiast's top 10 list.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I wouldn't be surprised to see if Millenium Force would overtake Top Thrill Dragster.

Other possibilities:

El Toro
Boulder Dash
Outlaw Run
Skyrush
Leviathan

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Based on my trip plans this year i'm pretty certain I can predict it will be one of the below;

Skyrush - Looks epic, i'm getting more and more excited about this
Top Thrill Dragster - I love Stealth to pieces, so this, with a lab bar should be awesome
Maverick - Launch + twistyness has gotta be good right? :)

I'll be going Sweden next year so Balder and Helix may challenge as I won't have a high ranking woody under my belt by then and Helix has so much potential to be fantastic.

Smithy

Strata Poster
The only rides in the UK that I've not ridden that I think would stand a chance of topping Dragon Khan would be Smiler, Ultimate or Megaphobia. And in truth, I doubt any of them would come close.

Shambhala may be my next number 1 later on in the year.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Wood: I think maybe the voyage could overtake El Toro, but maybe not. I get the feeling I might like Outlaw Run more than the Bull

Steel: Expedition GeForce would overtake i305, but no way am I going to get out there in a while...and Millennium Force would definably take the #1 spot.

Intricks

Strata Poster
delpiero1982 said:
Skyrush - Looks epic, i'm getting more and more excited about this

I suggest sitting towards the back. My first ride in Row 8 on the right wing was the best I had the handful I rode em.

Hmmm....for steel, Eejanaika cause I thought X2 was mental. For a non 4D, maybe the inevitable B&M launcher or even Leviathan may overtake Hulk.
Wood: Hmm....I dont think anything will ever top Voyage. So intense and relentless <3

But maybe a new massive GG or even a large scale RMC would take its place, but since those have yet to appear, nothing!

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Hyde244 said:
Something that's better than Ravine Flyer II.
Voyage?
Steel: And to be honest, unless Intamin makes a new blitz coaster with lap bars only like Cincetta world I doubt Maverick will be bested
Wood: nothing ever. Period

Casio

Mega Poster
I don't have much on the horizon, but hopefully I'll do Japan next Summer. I can see myself loving Thunder Dolphin (I haven't done an Intamin mega so I won't be able to compare it to the better ones), and I imagine Eejanaika (X2 is sick) and Dodonpa (launches are sick) will rank pretty highly as well.

fefa

Mega Poster
I honestly believe that there's (for my taste) nothing better out there or under construction than Katun haha!
It's just the type of ride I enjoy - loving those wide and flat turns or even straight sections that are just taken with such enormous speed near the ground - and then that high zero G where it feels like travelling up forever and suddenly it pulls you all around. Can't see those features on any other rides so I think that Katun is in a pretty safe place!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
The coasters I think could trouble my top spot, are pretty much all "airtime machines", and would be:

El toro (DAMNSPITE!!)
walibi's goliath
Voyage
T-Express
NTAG
OUtlaw run