What's new

Predicting Milestone Credits

hyde666

Roller Poster
Everyone has their current milestones, but what about the future?

I'll go first to give an idea. I am getting close to getting 100 credits under my belt (within 3 years!). I am currently on 80 credits, and most likely will go up to 90 by the time I am done with SFNE. So there's a few options for me on what might be my 100th, or, what I would like:
1. Tumbili at Kings Dominion / Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I would honestly love to have a brand new coaster as my 100th. Since I haven't been to BGW yet but I have been to KD, I could see myself going back to Virginia since I'm pretty close.
2. Phantom's Revenge or Steel Curtain at Kennywood / Phoenix at Knoebel's. I keep thinking of going to these parks but I just never had the time to lol. That would be about 12-13 new credits in total, and I have heard great things about these three.
3. Any coaster in Orlando / Fury 325 at Carowinds. Two coasters that most likely will be impossible to get next year, but hey, anything can happen! I had the lucky chance to get a Cedar Point coaster #50 (Not Steel Vengeance(was not open for ERT) as planned or Maverick(delayed opening), my option B, but Magnum was my option C(the first coaster by the resort entrance).)

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
The other day I actually faked entire trips just to see what my next milestone (#150) would be which is still 46 creds away. "If I went back to Fantasy Island, finished off BPB once and for all, sorted out Twinlakes etc" that type of thing.

If I get my driving licence early in the year, get spited by absolutely nothing, and no new coasters are announced between now and then: my #150 would end up being something at Crealy Adventure Park. Exciting stuff, I know.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
To each their own, but all of the admin involved in planning things like this is partly why I don’t count; I get to sidestep going out of my way to ride dross and other faff (nor feel any obligation to up my count). I appreciate that it’s a fun way of tracking what you’ve been on though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't tend to plan trips around a specific milestone, per se, but I'm generally always aware of when the next one is going to be and if there's an opportunity to make it something noteworthy (which is ill-defined in itself) and it's not going to cause undue hassle on the day I'll aim for it.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
It's a nice idea, and it makes for some nice goony photo opportunities, but as Nitefly said it's probably not worth going out of your way, or riding lots of kiddy crap, or potentially skipping something good, just to make it happen.
Me, for example, I skipped a kiddy cred at Liseberg so that Wildfire could be my #200 the following day. That's fine, no major loss there.
My 300th was always going to be 'something at Kings Island', no matter what jiggling around of the schedule I did, so I chose Banshee. Also fine, no interruptions to the flow of the day there.
I had zero control over what #400 was cos this year we've been reduced to scouring the UK coastline for worms and JASSM's in search of new creds so it ended up being the Batman spinner at Tir f*****g Prince. 🤦‍♂️
As for #500, well that's still 92 creds away sooo... not a clue. 🤷‍♂️

JoshC.

Strata Poster
My logic reflects Hixee's - I'll be aware when a milestone is coming, but I won't go out of my way to force it to be something.

To be fair though, I don't have many milestones, and the big ones have happened at small, insignificant parks, so it's hardly been something for me to worry about yet.