What's new

PowerPark | Pitts Special | Gerstlauer Infinity | 2020

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I really wish Gerstlauer would make some longer trains. With the little 8 seaters it's impossible to the get the tug of back row airtime coming off of hills.

Still really interested to see some footage of this however! If executed well this could be a solid ride!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I really wish Gerstlauer would make some longer trains. With the little 8 seaters it's impossible to the get the tug of back row airtime coming off of hills.
Nothing to do with Gerstlauer, solely the park's choice. Gerstlauer then designed the coaster with this in mind.

I don't understand why they didn't go beyond vertical similar to Monster though.

Matt N

CF Legend
Some of the Gerstlauers with vertical lift hills do have 4 rows/16 riders per train, but I think this is the most they can do with a vertical lift hill. Some of the launched Infinity Coasters, like Gold Rush at Slagharen, do have 5 rows/20 riders, and according to Gerstlauer’s website, the limit is 8 rows/32 riders: https://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/products/roller-coasters/infinity-coaster/

Interestingly, they also say about some things that aren’t currently in use on any Infinity Coaster as far as I’m aware, such as the ability to “accelerate easily up to velocities of 130km/h or more” and “an automatic closing of the lap bars to save time during the process of dispatch”.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Some of the Gerstlauers with vertical lift hills do have 4 rows/16 riders per train, but I think this is the most they can do with a vertical lift hill. Some of the launched Infinity Coasters, like Gold Rush at Slagharen, do have 5 rows/20 riders, and according to Gerstlauer’s website, the limit is 8 rows/32 riders: https://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/products/roller-coasters/infinity-coaster/

Interestingly, they also say about some things that aren’t currently in use on any Infinity Coaster as far as I’m aware, such as the ability to “accelerate easily up to velocities of 130km/h or more” and “an automatic closing of the lap bars to save time during the process of dispatch”.
Yeah technically the launch system can launch to 180kmh at up to 10g

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, that’s high! I wonder whether Gerstlauer will ever get a request for this sort of acceleration?
Absolutely never. You won't see a coaster pulling more than 3-4 G except for extremely short durations, where it might spike up to 6 or so. 10 is completely out of the question. It might be done for some sort of industrial application, but never on a coaster.

Matt N

CF Legend
Absolutely never. You won't see a coaster pulling more than 3-4 G except for extremely short durations, where it might spike up to 6 or so. 10 is completely out of the question. It might be done for some sort of industrial application, but never on a coaster.
How high is Dodonpa’s acceleration? That must be pretty high!