What's new

PowerPark | Pitts Special | Gerstlauer Infinity | 2020

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
2x4 trains confirmed on that teaser shot:

20200130_191941.png

Arttu

Roller Poster
Today we got new teaser video and it shows the big element (Also rest of the track supposed to be over karting track) BACKWARDS POV?! Is this the new "twist" that Gerstlauer have teased.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Link...
http://instagr.am/p/B8GKGR7iWVs/
I'd be really intrigued if they did something like Fury at Bobbejaanland and had a voting system. Or some sort of switch track to change direction half way through the layout? Interesting to note that the off ride shots show the car facing forward..

A coaster dedicated fully to being backwards would be capture my attention less though tbh

Rest of the post is saying about a competition asking for the name.

Clrun4

Roller Poster
I'm still very confused about that coaster. I mean, of course, we've already seen coasters with the same coulours scheme within the same park.

But, isn't it the first time we saw a parc build the same model, with the same colours (duelling excepted) ? Moreover, is there a parc with 2 similar coasters models (whatever the colours ?) I don't see one, except for woodies.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still very confused about that coaster. I mean, of course, we've already seen coasters with the same coulours scheme within the same park.

But, isn't it the first time we saw a parc build the same model, with the same colours (duelling excepted) ? Moreover, is there a parc with 2 similar coasters models (whatever the colours ?) I don't see one, except for woodies.
The first one that springs to mind is Canada's Wonderland with its two B&M Megas - later followed by Carowinds and Kings Island. In all three cases, the pair of coasters differ enough in size to be considered different models, however. La Ronde has two looping Inverts, but from different manufacturers. Bobbejaanland has both a Gerstlauer Eurofighter and a Gerstlauer Infinity. And when Abyssus opens, Energylandia will have two Vekoma LSM-launched looping sitdown coasters.

But yeah, those are all border cases. If this turns out to be the exact same coaster type as Junker, it may be a totally unique situation. Come to think of it, it would save the park big bucks in maintenance and paint.

Clrun4

Roller Poster
The first one that springs to mind is Canada's Wonderland with its two B&M Megas - later followed by Carowinds and Kings Island. In all three cases, the pair of coasters differ enough in size to be considered different models, however. La Ronde has two looping Inverts, but from different manufacturers. Bobbejaanland has both a Gerstlauer Eurofighter and a Gerstlauer Infinity. And when Abyssus opens, Energylandia will have two Vekoma LSM-launched looping sitdown coasters.

But yeah, those are all border cases. If this turns out to be the exact same coaster type as Junker, it may be a totally unique situation. Come to think of it, it would save the park big bucks in maintenance and paint.

Yeah, but for the Cedar Fairs parks, it's one mega and one giga coaster each time.
You may have a point for Energylandia however.

And yes, it didn't cross my mind, but as a maintenance point of view, it sure will be helpful !

Vetld

Roller Poster
Link...
http://instagr.am/p/B8GKGR7iWVs/
I'd be really intrigued if they did something like Fury at Bobbejaanland and had a voting system. Or some sort of switch track to change direction half way through the layout? Interesting to note that the off ride shots show the car facing forward..

A coaster dedicated fully to being backwards would be capture my attention less though tbh

Rest of the post is saying about a competition asking for the name.

I don't think this could go backwards, since a backwards vertical lift hill doesn't really work with just a lap bar, and the layout seems too short for a half way switch track. The only way it could go backwards is if they launched it backwards from the break run, but that doesn't seem very plausible either. That being said, it is a bit weird that they posted a "backwards pov".

Sjnoebel

Roller Poster
What I do not get why would a park build a new coaster that look the sames as the previous coaster and also I got the impression that Junker is going to be the winner of the two. It got me thinking that maybe a project got canceled somewhere and Powerpark bought it for a friendly price only choosing the colours.