What's new

PowerPark | Junker | Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Re: Powerpark To Get LSM Launched Coaster.

That's fantastic news, and exactly what they need! This will indeed compliment the parks diverse line-up.
Good to hear that the park is investing, It is a cool place.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Yeah I like it, it definitely suites the park. Such a great little place PowerPark, it deserves to do well.

Tomatron

Giga Poster

Sweet! Lynet was good fun, and I don't care if it is in the middle of nowhere, Powerpark is ace.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

I'm not so sure it's going to be like Lynet. In the article it says that the only info released about the coaster is that it's a launched Gerstie and has four inversions, so that sounds a lot more like an Infinity Coaster (i.e. Karacho) considering that Lynet is an outdated Launch Coaster 540 and only has two inversions.

Darren B

Giga Poster

This is great news for a great little park. Where will they put such a large coaster though? It all seemed quite crammed in when I visited.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Darren B said:
This is great news for a great little park. Where will they put such a large coaster though? It all seemed quite crammed in when I visited.
They have oodles of space! Near the log flume and spinning cred was a massive grassy area.

Darren B

Giga Poster

^Thats it 100%. Infact, it looks like they've stolen Ian's photo, or took one extremely similar. It was a fab but Vile contraption.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Hopefully it's the one at Powerpark being sold. That model has nothing to do in a permanent park IMO!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Yes, it is definitely the one on the picture, but it could be that they are just using those pictures for example.
But I certainly hope it's going, not exactly a comfortable ride, only good thing was the spinning.

Gonna use this opportunity to advertise my POV of the thing :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUsXo34qlh8[/youtube]

Darren B

Giga Poster

According to RCDB this bad boy is going to be Gerstlauer's 3rd Infinity coaster after The Smiler and Karacho as Jerry suggested. I'd imagine that all future Gerstlauer launch coasters will now come under Infinity tag.

http://rcdb.com/12027.htm

I really don't see myself going back to Finland anytime soon but if I did it would be for this park. So many good rides!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

We have a layout!

powerpark.gif

Looks solid!

oriolat2

Giga Poster

It looks truly great! I think that this might as well be the best Gerstlauer LSM layout to this date.

I assume it will be built this year and open in 2016, right?

Martyn B

CF Legend

Finally somebody's going to build a loop from the original "Theme Park" game! ;)

Is this s Gerst LSM, or an "Infinity"? Everything they build seems to be the latter nowadays, launch or no launch.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
I saw there was a thread for this in the News & Rumours but I thought as this is now officially confirmed and construction is already vertical, I'd give it a thread here as well.

Edit: Merged with original topic. - ECG

Here's a rough translation of the press release from http://www.powerpark.fi

------
This summer PowerPark in Alahärmä will open the most thrilling rollercoaster in Northern Europe. Junker will accelerate guests from 0 to 100km/h in just 1,9 seconds, thus accelerating even faster than a F1-car which takes over two seconds.

After the launch riders are taken 40 meters almost straight up high above Northern Ostrobothnia (*local area). Riders plunge from the heights back to the ground and into a couple of loops, one of which dives into an underwater tunnel and back up again. This high speed track is 860m long and riders experience up to 4,5Gs.

Junker is currently under construction in PowerPark. The ride is so big that it takes about 70 trucks to deliver the parts from Germany. The ride is supposed to open mid-June.

Junker will be the 6th coaster in PowerPark so the supply is broad. The pride of the park and guest-favourite ride Thunderbird has been ranked top-10 and it's also the most northern wooden coaster in the world. Junker has a custom layout to fit PowerPark and thus it's a unique experience.

"Junker is unique. The new ride is a significant factor in the development of the park. We believe that it will be an unforgettable experience, which will attract guests not only from Finland, but from abroad as well. It will provide a great addition to our summer." says Mikko Kiviluoma, director of PowerPark.

Junker does not only provide riders with 4,5Gs, but it will also feature an underwater tunnel. With top speed Junker rises from the tunnel to twist and turn in all directions. The ending provides thrilling stop with the use of powerful magnets.

"Junker leaves no riders unthrilled no matter how much of an adrenaline junkie you are. Although the ride is wild and G-forces push you into the seat, it's all happening inside safety boundaries. The ride follows restrictions set by an experienced and valued manufacturer. The ride is thoroughly tested before opening." says Kiviluoma.

Junker is made by German Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH, one of the leading and most valued roller coaster manufacturers. Their rides can be found all over the world including Legolands in Europe and other parks in USA and Japan.

Power Park is known as a fun state for the whole world to provide thrills for everyone. This year's new ride for the younger ones is TagaJ. In this spinning and wobbling rides kids can blow off some steam while playing with other children.

------
Another article mentions that Junker is the most expensive investment so far but the price isn't mentioned.

PowerPark has also provided two webcams to follow the construction. It seems most of the supports are already in place, let's hope they start assembling the track soon as well so we get to see this beast rise to its glory!

http://www.powerpark.fi/ukkostutka/webcam1.jpg
http://www.powerpark.fi/ukkostutka/webcam2.jpg
(click refresh to update images)

Now what do I think about this? I think this is awesome! Finally another big coaster in Finland after Tornado and Thunderbird! PowerPark sure showed to the rest of the Finnish parks how to get publicity and develop as a park. Sure they do have the most space and I bet most money as well, but still. It's also Finland's first proper launch coaster (well we do have a Zamperla MotoCoaster but...) and Gerstlauer. What I'm especially excited about is the custom layout! I can't wait to ride the tophat, double-looping around the bridge and the underwater tunnel! Also the water body under the ride should provide excitement while riding and it'll surely look good in pictures as well. As if I wasn't waiting for my trip there in the end of August, but it looks like I'll have to make another trip to ride this right after opening as well :p

Attachments

• Junker1.jpg
    Junker1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Power1.jpg
    Power1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Junker2.jpg
    Junker2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 199

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Sounds very interesting. Hopefully it's more Karacho rather than Smiler(ride experience-wise).

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk