What's new

PowerPark | Pitts Special | Gerstlauer Infinity | 2020

Alessio

Roller Poster
Been to PowerPark on Saturday and had a couple of laps on Pitts Special.

First, the ride has better airtime than expected. The wave turn, the drop as well as all the smaller hills provide solid ejector airtime. The twisted airtime hills are alright with some floater but are definitely too big.
The first element after the drop looks good Offride but is kind of pointless during the ride, expected a rollback each time.
The ride isn’t rough but the first few valleys rattle significantly, similar to the first two on Kärnan. It isn’t to distracting but definitely noticeable and worrying for a 6 week old ride.
Overall, I really enjoyed Pitt’s Special and it is a solid addition to PowerPark. The airtime is solid and it is definitely something different but I prefer Junker next door by far (which runs completely smooth by the way :D).

Shaking is quite noticeable in the POV I recorded. Was filmed with a GoPro Hero 7 with HyperSmooth, so it’s the Ride that rattles and not the Camera.

Leo_coasterfan

Roller Poster
After 5 rides on it i can say it definitely isnt as boring as some pepole say. You get a good amount of airtime and it really isnt that rough(its noticable but it doesn't affect the experience for me at all). It's the best coaster in the park for airtime(junker does have more powerful airtime but not as mouch of it). the weird figure eight thing is kinda pointles but still gives some pretty good positives on the way up.
The first airtime hill gives some ejector and after that its mostly floater sometimes boardering on ejector. Overall its a solid ride and is definetly not as boring as some other pepole say. (also yes there is a noticable jolt on the last twisted airtime hill)

Gazza

Giga Poster
So I just had the thought, is Pitts Special meant to be a toned down version of Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket.

Vertical lift, non vertical drop, non inverting loop thing then a bunch of rough turns and hills.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So I just had the thought, is Pitts Special meant to be a toned down version of Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket.

Vertical lift, non vertical drop, non inverting loop thing then a bunch of rough turns and hills.
But then that begs the question - why would you try to tone down that piece of ****? :D