What's new

PortAventura opens its 2012 season

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Since I didn't want to spoil the Shambhala thread I will open this one to talk about the other minor additions to the park for this year.

First off, the park, yet again, has renewed almost all of the shows (and not in a nice way, according to most of the people that have watched them already). The main one, Music Generation, is located in the Imperial Theatre and is a mashup of top hits of the past decades randomly mixed with the themeing of the 5 different areas (example: some Chinese dancing to Lady Gaga - WTF? :--D ).

th720_9cd05ad53ec6c68f0420d984b60c3818.jpg

th720_dda8a1d417c9f3b720dcacb28c0e2788.jpg

Second, Khan is ready to run but will not until the working area for Shambhala is clear of heavy machinery and testing has started. Besides, its trains have been attacked by some kind of candy-maniac. Watch this:

552032_3345954721584_1050254701_32918095_874879652_n.jpg

ff6d48807a7111e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

Trains look shiny and I could even tell that the harnesses have been completely swapped by new ones. They just don't belong to Khan :evil:

Also in China, PA have added the driving school called "Kids&Cars" (sponsored by Peugeot) featuring electric cars to teach driving lessons to the youngest of the family. This addition really fits in the area and could even be called 'cute'. It is located next to the Great Wall, where the old arcade games used to be.

th720_7aaa09ac8db6f2b05171dd44475b823d.jpg

th720_c5d372111fe33cf6f72fa6b2af0dc276.jpg

th720_e612ff57111ed26fa9fdb8ce5aff3be2.jpg

And finally, digital time displays have been added throughout the park (I don't know if they are at the ride entrances too). Seems the way to go, since the chalk blackboards were very messy (were not updated regulary and properly) and people used to erase the times or even change them :roll:

th720_8a5ccdcc4d37200c1731e97da273bacb.jpg

So far, you can see the major roller coasters on top (including Shambhala), and then a random selection of rides featuring water rides, Hurakan Condor, etc. If you look closely, the bottom has still some space. This will show the waiting time of seasonal attractions (Halloween, Christmas, etc.).

Source of photos: PA-Community.com

Treeis

Mega Poster
Can I expect Khan to be open if I were to visit on...say, the 3rd of April? Because if it isn't, I don't think I will bother going to PA this year

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well Khan looks small now... and the trains are ****. Well done PA. ;)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Another picture of the vile colours:

th720_230e1dceac68b06551e00500056dee86.JPG

</3 Will Khan be sponsored by Playskool?

Source: PA-Community.com

Treeis

Mega Poster
Does anyone know if Khan will be open on 3rd of April ish... around that time?

Sorry to sound so...annoying, but I am litterally going to Barcelona tomorrow and Im not going to Port aventura if Kahn is shut

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I'll be at the park on Wednesday. Still, if I read somewhere in the Spanish forums that Khan is running I'll let you know.

Ben

CF Legend
oriolat2 said:
I'll be at the park on Wednesday. Still, if I read somewhere in the Spanish forums that Khan is running I'll let you know.

Whoooaaaaa.

You witch for not living up to your promise to wait for me.

Witch.

Lofty

CF Legend
My god. I LOVE those trains, I know everyone hates them, but I really really like them, they're so strong <3

Lofty

CF Legend
No, I actually like them. **** you.

They really accentuate the shape of the train, which I love.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's past midday Lofty, I thought the rule was you had to give it up after then?

Fool, they look terrible. ;)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
For those going to PA, Khan will be open from Good Friday to Monday 9th of April (local holiday) from 3pm until closing time (so, 7pm or 8pm).

After the 9th Khan will remain closed until the opening of Shambhala. This will allow B&M and the park to test the hypercoaster safely and continue themeing the area.

Kebab

Giga Poster
The trains are growing on me, just like the track colour did, I'm sure it'll look vivid and colourful when it's running on a hot sunny day!

Ethan

Strata Poster
It looks like a visitor ate too much at the confectionary store, and got nervous when they were about to board -_-