What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Dar

Hyper Poster
It's a separately ticketed park I think. Seems a bit silly to have it open with 6/however many attractions and still make it a separate gate, but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

It'll probably end up like Disney with you buying a combi-ticket for cheaper than an individual ticket to both.

:)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
They stated it would be a new area of the park though, not a new park, why would anyone pay extra for this when the park it is much better?

KoasterEv

Roller Poster
They will probably just end up raising the general admission prices to include this new area. Seems stupid to pay twice because obviously guests are going to be heading there to ride the new coaster. Seems like a bit of a money grab to make visitors pay extra to gain access to one ride..... Afterall, It's not a Skycoaster! :p

KoasterEv

Roller Poster
LOL I suppose. You'd suspect with the hype of it being the first of it's kind in Europe, that it would be enough revenue just from the general admissions.. I guess we will just have to see! :p

Lofty

CF Legend
It's been obvious from the beginning that it's a separate park so why the **** are people still debating it? It's like a goldfish swimming around a bowl looking for an escape :roll:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Today during an official event organised by the park to meet theme park enthusiasts the PR director has confirmed that all details about Ferrari Land will be revealed on May 7th. So, stay tuned, folks.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So the Intamin coaster for this park had its height stats revealed by the ECC

It will take the European height record at 100m (328ft) from its neighbour. I would imagine at that height it will also be the fastest.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
f95d27ad953d12b9631d3deb1ac39548.jpg

That is 1 meter taller than Kingda Ka!
I still don't see the point in making this a separate park though.

Lofty

CF Legend
owentaylor121 said:

Why don't you? It doesn't fit with the main park whatsoever. They will generate an extra income to cover the cost of the project and car lovers (who don't really like theme parks) can go to this, have a great time and leave without being forced to go to a 'theme park' in mentality.

If you think of Disneyland Paris and The Studios parks, you couldn't combine both of them - they have completely different styles, atmospheres and themes to name a few. They are both offering different products in essence and so will these two. Its a very clever financial model to build off of, but it makes sense that enthusiasts without a very good understanding of business wouldn't get the grasp of this.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
owentaylor121 said:

Why don't you? It doesn't fit with the main park whatsoever. They will generate an extra income to cover the cost of the project and car lovers (who don't really like theme parks) can go to this, have a great time and leave without being forced to go to a 'theme park' in mentality.

If you think of Disneyland Paris and The Studios parks, you couldn't combine both of them - they have completely different styles, atmospheres and themes to name a few. They are both offering different products in essence and so will these two. Its a very clever financial model to build off of, but it makes sense that enthusiasts without a very good understanding of business wouldn't get the grasp of this.
Their is no need to be so patronising, yes I understand that it is a good move business wise, but then this Ferrari Land is hardly a new park, PortAventura itself is a 2 day park, this looks to be a few hours at most, what's the point?

You can't really say this doesn't fit with the rest of the park when it will have an Italian village theme, if anything the kids area plonked in the middle of a rainforest theme is out of place.
Drayton Manor say Thomas Land is a diffrrent park even though it isn't so maybe that's the case with this.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Apparently that article is a fake, or at least that's what they're saying over on TPR. Searches for the headline just return that picture or articles referencing that picture!

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ Why not? Not many parks can say they have the 3 fastest and the 2 tallest coasters of the continent in their park. PortAventura has just the perfect opportunity to do that with this project...

Lofty

CF Legend
owentaylor121 said:
Their is no need to be so patronising, yes I understand that it is a good move business wise, but then this Ferrari Land is hardly a new park, PortAventura itself is a 2 day park, this looks to be a few hours at most, what's the point?

You can't really say this doesn't fit with the rest of the park when it will have an Italian village theme, if anything the kids area plonked in the middle of a rainforest theme is out of place.
Drayton Manor say Thomas Land is a diffrrent park even though it isn't so maybe that's the case with this.

Actually, sometimes there is a need to be patronising. So many members on here think they know better than parks with the likes of "That's a silly decision" etc. They know exactly what they're doing. This new park will have a lot for people who don't want to ride coasters, that's known - so they may want to go there without bothering with the main park. Doubling capital and not to mention the fact this will reach people who couldn't give a **** about a theme park in Spain, but will visit due to the Ferrari tie-in; if that was an area within the park, it wouldn't gain as much international PR reach than a "BRAND NEW PARK" :)

When it comes down to the area not fitting in - it wouldn't. It's that simple. The areas of the park all have their own themes and narratives, they did try and blend in Sesamo ever so slightly by adding tropical foliage throughout the area to dumb down it's brightly coloured aesthetic. Huge Ferrari flags, branding, merchandise, a massive red structure whizzing through the park wouldn't suit anything.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Cats out of the bag, and it looks awesome!

112 meter and 180km/h! No camelback and no free fall tower, instead two S&S or Intamin shot towers on the side.
I really hope the coaster ends up with an I305 paint job instead of white supports!
ferrariland-plan-konzept.jpg

Source