What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Darren B

Giga Poster
Re: Ferrari Land PortAventura

^I'm guessing he means height. It only JUST beats Silver Star. PA could have easily made a statement with Shambhala by letting it hit the 300ft mark. But knowing they were going to hit 300ft with the new Intamin may have put them off doing so. I'm not so sure that's the case, but I see his logic.

marc

CF Legend

I thought people said Shambhala had been planned years ago but had been put on hold?

There are also many saying this will need another ticket and will have its own gate?

Darren B

Giga Poster

marc said:
There are also many saying this will need another ticket and will have its own gate?

This.

It seems that the park will be part of the resort but not part of the theme park. They're very much going down the Florida parks route I think. This would give the resort 3 parks now if I'm correct?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Yeah I keep hearing its a new gate too..

The great thing about PA though is that you can access the water park from gate to gate. No need to go out of one park and back into the other, like you do with Disney parks. In the PA park, as long as you got your ticket, you can go left to the dead end by the theatre and walk into the water park.

I can only imagine the same with this park as its going to occupy the space the car park already takes up, which sits directly in front of the park.

I love their convenience. The PA hotel is like this too. Once you've had your breakfast, just walk out of the restaurant and you're in the park.

Lofty

CF Legend

This won't be integrated into the exiting park as a new area, all of the press so far has stated that it's a 'park'. In terms of accessibility from inside the park, I'm highly doubtful. There's actually no easy way of connecting them based upon where this new park is placed. The PA Hotel stands in the way of it and therefore Back is to the North too, blocking access, meaning they'd connect them via the maintenance road and then through up near Tutuki Splash. That'd not gonna happen.

marc

CF Legend

F1 forums are saying its a totally different park and will probably be about a 10 min walk away much like the two Disney parks are split in Paris.

Ben

CF Legend

I really can't get excited about this, to be honest.

The new coaster, yay, great. But, the Ferrari theme is just so bland and dull. The UAE park is a joke, we don't need more <//3

PA is so fab and original with their ideas most of the time, they don't need this. Especially because if it's a whole new park the price tag isn't that huge.

marc

CF Legend

^Yep totally agree with you.

It's ok if you like Ferrari and want to pay the over inflated prices that they will charge for stuff.

It will be a case of go in do the rides and get out for me.

spicy

Giga Poster

I have only just seen this, massive news!!

I really hope its a second gate and a completely new Ferrari theme park rather than a Ferrari land although there doesn't seem to be enough attractions announced for it to be a full park..

Personally I am really happy about this. I love Ferrari, love Port Aventura and love coasters so impossible for me not to get rather excited about this!

Hotel looks awesome too will definitely be staying there once it opens.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster

Sorta a bump for how Baco and the Accelerator are the same. Take Cedar Point for example, Maverick and Dragster both launch but one offers a totally different expirence with Maverick keeping you very close to the ground much like Baco. Dragster and this Accelerator provide totally different expirences from that feeling of being able to scrape the ground the entire time.

Deanman

Roller Poster

I like the coaster... I also like the racing theme; always have with Stealth and Rita etc... However I think this might stick out a bit :? Especially if that nasty red bit covers the back of the support tower! There will be this huge, red thing just protruding from the ground and it won't actually look much like a rollercoaster! :roll:

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Someone from PA-Community has made a 3D preview of what the area could look like.

I must admit I don't usually like fan-made pre/re-creations but this one is seriously well done.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvUVdMmLfs[/youtube]

If it looks like this, although a bit chavy, it's going to be awesome!

SaltyTowers

Roller Poster

Lofty said:
^ Yeah. I misread, some websites are stating "World's tallest and fastest" whereas this official link is just "Europe's". It'll be lower than Shambhala more than likely, they won't impede on that record in the same park, surely.
I wouldnt count on them not breakind there own record, they have already shown they are no respectors of rides by breaking the pepsi max big ones record by just a few feet.I really just think this whole project is as good as them throwing 98 million down the drain :wink:

coaster addict

Mega Poster

We love record-breakers, so I say they should go for taller and faster than Kingda Ka! Heck, make the launch faster than Formula Rossa! It is always fun seeing technology advance, the limits tested, and the awesome rides created! Anybody interested in a 500ft top hat launch coaster that is somehow efficient and reliable... that hits speeds of 160 mph? Of course, that speed might be more than enough to throw a coaster over the top hat, so the chances of rollbacks are slim to none! Thoughts? Wishful thinking?

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

^ After my poor experience on Kingda Ka, I really hope it isn't going to exceed any current speed or height records. I would be fine if they went to about 300-350 ft, but I wouldn't be in favor of it being any higher. The 'top hat' style of launch coasters like Stealth and Xcelerator are great fun, so I hope it to ride similar to them. I don't want another brain shaker at PA :)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

coaster addict said:
We love record-breakers, so I say they should go for taller and faster than Kingda Ka! Heck, make the launch faster than Formula Rossa! It is always fun seeing technology advance, the limits tested, and the awesome rides created! Anybody interested in a 500ft top hat launch coaster that is somehow efficient and reliable... that hits speeds of 160 mph? Of course, that speed might be more than enough to throw a coaster over the top hat, so the chances of rollbacks are slim to none! Thoughts? Wishful thinking?

To be honest I don't think any park in the world has enough money to invest in a ride that tall. In all honesty I doubt many have the money to even afford a 400ft ride. I expect this to be 250-300ft, certainly not much higher unfortunately.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

There's more to it going 'higher' or 'faster' than existing coasters. I'd be happy with the same sort of speed/height of existing accelerators, what I'd like to see is new elements added to the generic oval shape of an Intamin accelerator, maybe a different shape, a different way the train interacts with the track. I'm not really looking forward to the generic record breaker, I'd like to see something new and different.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

It seems strange that a park with such amazing theming around different counties would add a land like this. I would get it if they added an area called Italy and had a Ferrari themed coaseter in that area but this just doesn't seem right for a park like PA.