What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

EthC

Mega Poster
Re: Ferrari Land PortAventura

I don't really get why they are having a drop tower bolted on the Launch coaster because Huracan Condor is in the same park and does the job nicely as it is.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Don't mind the launch coaster cos Baco is ****...

The drop towers make no sense though... Filed under the decision of "They looked cool and Intamin threw them in for free after giving us Baco"...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I wonder if this completely kill the rumor about the water coaster for their birthday next year? I would kind of think that it does.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

To be honest to me I don't see how it could be anywhere near the size of Kingda Ka, you'd have thought if they were going for that sort of hight they'd have gone the whole way and made it the tallest in the world, not just europe. Then again, I would say this seems to be 300ft plus, otherwise what's the point in having the drop towers when it would be smaller than Hurakan Condor.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Something is not quite right about having 2 Intamin Accelerators right next to each other, and people are starting to believe that Baco might be demolished before/as soon as the new giant accelerator opens.

I mean, even though I love(d) Baco, it has proven to be a maintenance nightmare for the park and it has become rough to the point that people feel like they are put through an endurance test.

Personally, I would be truly sad if that happened, but it would only make sense money-wise.

For those saying that a park can't smash their own records, look what Cedar Point did with Millennium Force and TTD three years later. This is exactly the same scenario; park builds huge-ass coaster only to be upped by a giant launched model.

Hobbes

Mega Poster

oriolat2 said:
Something is not quite right about having 2 Intamin Accelerators right next to each other, and people are starting to believe that Baco might be demolished before/as soon as the new giant accelerator opens.

I mean, even though I love(d) Baco, it has proven to be a maintenance nightmare for the park and it has become rough to the point that people feel like they are put through an endurance test.

Personally, I would be truly sad if that happened, but it would only make sense money-wise.
Just about everyone here on CF says that Baco is rough as hell (although some people do like it). But do the GP at the park view it in the same way? I've never been to Port Aventura, so I have no idea what the general park guest there is like. Do the GP find it rough and/or generally dislike it as well, or is it a popular ride that enthusiasts tend to dislike? If the ride is still popular with most guests, then I would assume they keep it.

As for the expansion itself, I'm rather interested in seeing how this all develops. Since Shambhala opened, Port Aventura has pretty much been on the top of my list of overseas parks I want to visit. This only makes me more hopeful that I can go someday.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Ferrari Land PortAventura

There is an extreme difference between what Baco is and what is pictured in the concept art. I don't understand the Baco will have to leave argument in that sense of it. One is terrain and winged the other is a top hat. Am I missing something?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^ They're both launched using the same system from the same manufacturer, which nobody apart from us geeks would know or care about. Other than being launched, they're not similar at all really.

So yeah, I'm not understanding this "Why are they building the same ride?" crap either.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Hobbes said:
oriolat2 said:

Just about everyone here on CF says that Baco is rough as hell (although some people do like it). But do the GP at the park view it in the same way? I've never been to Port Aventura, so I have no idea what the general park guest there is like. Do the GP find it rough and/or generally dislike it as well, or is it a popular ride that enthusiasts tend to dislike? If the ride is still popular with most guests, then I would assume they keep it.

It's (strangely) popular and well liked over there... I did one of those survey things on my last visit and did the whole "Rate the ride 1-10", and we both instantly responded to Baco with "1! But only because 0 isn't an option", cue the girl doing the survey looking shocked at our reaction...

I know some other people who went last year as well and rated Baco over Khan because Khan was "too rough"... Their opinions are now filed under 'invalid'...

Lofty

CF Legend

I love Baco, don't give a ****.

Yeah, the coasters would offer completely different experiences...

Look at SFMM: Superman: Escape from Krypton & Full Throttle. They both offer completely different experiences, but are both launch coasters.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Maybe Ferrari signed a "multiple coaster deal" with Intamin hence the new accelerator coaster. *shrug*

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Hobbes said:

A discussion maybe a bit OT for here, but in my opinion? You're right - it's popular with guests for much the same reason most rides enthusiasts complain about are.

If you only visit maybe one park a year - and usually on a busy period - the roughness adds to the thrill. The thrill level is already very high due to the fact that you don't regularly go on coasters. So yeah, most riders don't ride coasters very regularly and see the entire thing holistically with the roughness being part of the enjoyment. A bit of a beating adding an extra dimension :lol:

Obviously some people will feel it (Madame_Furie would despise Baco), but that launch is superb on Baco and I can imagine most people being on such an adrenaline rush afterwards that they simply don't feel the pain. Add in that some seats are allegedly good, and you've got the chance that most "normal people" will come of pleased with the ride :)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

The Baco argument is dumb, in my opinion.

Traditional coasters exist side by side, and they all have lift hills and brake runs, so what gives if there are 2 launch coasters? They do completely different things in terms of experiences anyway, so Baco aint going anywhere, especially since it has the biggest pull in the park.

If Disney can have multiple launch coasters on the same property, as can Six Flags, then so can Port Aventura. Its proven to work.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

It's not the coaster I find odd. After all look at leviathan and behemoth. As people have said they a different enough that only us goons will care.

It's the drop towers and the park itself. I can't name a park with 2 big drop towers which do the same thing (shots and drops are 10 a penny) and a land themed to a company in a park where everything is themed to countries is just odd. It would be like Busch Gardens Africa building a land themed to iPhones.

Along with the weirdness of beating their own height and speed records it strikes me as a massively off choice,

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

However, this does explain why Port Aventura went with the lowest option that was proposed for Shambhala. Ferrari must have been in the pipeline for years.