What's new

Portable star flier!

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I'm at Dubai global village and they have the new fairground open and they have what looks like a portable star flier.

u9aqyjap.jpg
jemabe8a.jpg
symygyte.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren B

Giga Poster
TilySlo said:
What's so special about this one. They aren't exactly unique, you know...

Height?

There are star flyers at most travelling fairs in the UK, but I haven't seen one as big as this.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
There's quite a few of these on the German fair circuit, including one that is the tallest portable Star Flyer in the world.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpafE_s6PGM[/youtube]

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Oh. Sorry. Should have said it was the first one I had seen. Thought people might have been interested.

My bad.
Don't worry won't bother you with posing any more photos on here!

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ What did you do wrong? You started a conversation, so what! :)
I've never seen one before either, so...

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
That's owned by English showman Darren Matthews. It's over in Dubai with a load of other English rides (including the ex-American Adventure mine train) - the event is put on by the Mellors Group. As far as I know that's the only KMG star flyer in the world.

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Haha. I was walking around and thought the powered coaster looked like the one from the American adventure! They have done an amazing job. It really looks stunning.

juvenaha.jpg

e4ese4at.jpg

usa6yraq.jpg

ha7e6uta.jpg

ene4upu7.jpg

nuzypube.jpg

u3ameba6.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I'm not to sure where about global village is in Dubai, but would you get a view of Downtown, the marina/JLT or just desert?

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
It's quite a way out so you would probably see pretty much desert. You could most likely see the Burj khalifa if it's a clear day.