What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Ben

CF Legend
Cause saying "Europeans" are deprived isn't either of those things...

Here in the third world <//3

Snoo

The Legend
Well let's be fair, you guys do lack rides of this type. Silver Star barely even qualifies.

Ben

CF Legend
This is all in response to a jab about being European.

But, that's fine, we're all deprived over here. Must go, my half an hour of electricity is about to run out and the cows need milking.

Lofty

CF Legend
Venom2053 said:
No Shambhala will just ruin beautiful photos of Khan... Like this one.
So. Because it ruins a pictures means it's not as good. Yeah, you're on to a winning theory there... ;)

At the end of the day, people complaining about it Dwarfing Khan and it not looking good in that area need to kind of get a grip. The park is providing us with a GOOD coaster, why can't you just be happy? It could be coloured in bright pink and with swastika badges all the way along it's spine, I'd still like it and be happy they're providing more rides for us to enjoy!

Ben said:

But, that's fine, we're all deprived over here. Must go, my half an hour of electricity is about to run out and the cows need milking.
I cried at this post <3

Kebab

Giga Poster
Venom2053 said:
No Shambhala will just ruin beautiful photos of Khan... Like this one.

Rollercoaster_DragonKhan_PortAventura.jpg
I'll be honest, I do see where you're coming from. But I don't think it'll ruin the photos at all, It's themed as a mountain range right? I think it'll fit in quite well there.

Also, update. The bottom of the drop is coming together, you can see how big this drop is going to be now.

rollercoaster2012-111.jpg

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Sorry if I touched a soft spot, Ben :p I didn't say you had ridden less B&M's i'm just saying that Europe has less B&M coasters than North America.

Ben said:

I know how much Brits had being called European, its about the same as calling Canadians Americans. Also didn't say Shambhala was bad, its a B&M hyper it'll be prefect <3 I just don't like it towering over Khan. Great coaster, bad location (N).

Doesn't look like B&M are continuing with the extended spine idea like on Leviathan. Thank God.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Bottom of the helix going up!

th720_3_11_1328280093.PNG

Looks like some random building (not the red shed where the RCS people live) have been built next to Khan's transfer.

th720_3_8_1328279872.PNG

Source: PA-Community

Lofty

CF Legend
The Helix and the drop are the two elements in which I'm sure most people in this topic are more excited to see!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Oh god, it's ugly!

Pfft, I think it's beautiful.

Also that perfect picture of dragon khan is deciving. It's from inside the park, with a lush green lawn in front and a bright blue sky, whereas these construction pictures are far away, muddy and bleak.

Let it get finished and a proper picture taken before judging how it sits with DK.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm really looking forward to seeing the helix. I attempted something a bit like it on B&M hyper I was designing in RCT3. I canceled the project, so I'm glad this good idea I had is getting out there. I always thought that an inclined loop on a sit-down coaster would be so much better than on a stand-up, so let's see if it really is.

Also, I wonder how it's going to look with the train tearing up the layout. I remember when I went to Carowinds that Intimidator looked absolutely beautiful with that nice, shiny black train gently cruising over that red track. I think with Kahn looping around below Shambhala's train flying over those hills that the two different motions will be beautiful to watch together.

Lofty

CF Legend
2012Jarrett said:
I'm really looking forward to seeing the helix. I attempted something a bit like it on B&M hyper I was designing in RCT3. I canceled the project, so I'm glad this good idea I had is getting out there.
Idea that you... AND possibly hundreds before you have done. This element has been turning up on No Limit Coasters for quite some time now. With Shambhala, it's just the first time It's actually been put into fruition, well, apart from if you want to count Apollo's Chariot, which has a similar element.

I always thought that an inclined loop on a sit-down coaster would be so much better than on a stand-up, so let's see if it really is.
What? It's a Helix, not an Inclined Loop.

Plus, there's a couple of sit-down coasters that actually HAVE Inclined loops, they're not B&M, but they do have that element.

g18o0nrg3s80058sjb07gu.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster
^I know of rcdb. But assuming there's a hell lot of coasters with an inclined loop I found it a lot easier to just simply ask the person who posted the picture :wink: But yeah, still thanks for providing me with the link! :)

Lofty

CF Legend
All as I did for you was use a little common knowledge, go on RCDB, type "Inclined Loop" in the search, and hey presto...