What's new

Polar Ocean Park | Shanghai | Marine Theme Park

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Don't think I've ever seen a park put planters in the footers placed on the midway. Quite clever, that.

The ride looks incredible. So many weird elements and transitions that should make for an awesome ride.

I don't recall ever seeing anything quite that ornate, but Sea World Orlando did a masterful job at concealing the vast majority of Manta's footers by lining the paths with thick vegetation. I also remember Kings Island placing planters close to Diamondback's lift supports to at least draw your eye away from the massive hulk of concrete on the path.

Go home Intamin you are drunkView attachment 3975

I'll have whatever it is they're having!

HOLD up...

oc5-jpg.3796

Riddle me this!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This coaster probably wont be too much better than Cheetah Hunt IMO, even though it has a couple of wacky elements, but I'm glad it's open. Also, it only ha 2 trains and a throughput of 885pph, which could cause some issues. Does it have any inversions, and is there any news on the Zamperla cred?

Last edited:

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Okay file this under 'new rollercoasters I had no idea about until today'. Looks pretty fab tbh - an early member of this new gen track layout where they fit in as many outer-banked curves as possible.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Never mind speed or intensity, the best part is the amount of trash that's built up in the tunnel already. Love it, really gives it character.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
The POV is now online - what a lovely ride actually! I first expected an unspectacular coaster based on seeing the drawn-out layout, but seeing the ride in motion the pacing and many elements look great. Some hills do seem to lack airtime, but otherwise, fun mix of airtime and twisty stuff!

Can't wait to hopefully ride this next June while I go there for the AAE as well <3

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Wow, if Taiga has any pacing like this it will sure be an awesome ride.

Those launches look seriously powerful, even though they look and sound weird.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Not sure about the middle part of the layout if I'm honest but the final part after the second launch looks fab. I just wish there was more to it really.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I don't think anybody was expecting Maverick because it certainly isn't...but all those turns do look like a hell of a lot of fun. I agree with the comments regarding the launches - they do look like they pack a punch.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The Parks been open a while now but stepping away from the park itself i rather like these really cool hotel rooms at the onsite hotel.
Love some of the little details like the faces on the bedside tables, The bunk bed shaped like ships and the star fish lamps.

Ohotel2.jpg Ohotel1.jpg OHotel3.jpg Ohotel4.jpg Ohotel5.jpg

vaugc002

Mega Poster
The designs are awesome, plus the fact that these are actually pretty spacious rooms.
They look far larger than the sort we get here in the UK at theme parks.