What's new

PMBO - Rebrand.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Hey,

Just thought I'd share with you, that PMBO is going to have a new look to it in 2011. The trains will no longer be silver, they will be blue, with a union jack theme to them. The entrance has been pulled down and will be totally different for the new season.

Finally, Pepsi Max will no longer sponsor the ride and PB have finally stopped claiming it is the tallest coaster in Europe.

Scott.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm actually gutted, I mean no more PMBO.... just BO... its like the end of an era! Do you have any pics Scott?

peep

CF Legend
^Haha, BO.

Sounds interesting. Still not something that is going to make me want to spend a fortune on going back though.

Ben

CF Legend
Scott88 said:
PB have finally stopped claiming it is the tallest coaster in Europe.

Wow, it didn't quite take a decade!

Although, I'll believe that when I see it. That's been said before.

alexr

Hyper Poster
A photo of the New train Copyright Pleasure beach expreince from this thread.
http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com/ ... p?f=6&t=29
IMG_0040.jpg

Also in the thread is a picture of the new entrance.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
Scott88 said:

Ben;

Brace yourself for The Big One, Pleasure Beach biggest, fastest, scariest coaster will have you shaking in anticipation and screaming in delight. At a towering height of 235 ft it holds the crown as one of Europe's tallest rollercoasters offering three adrenaline packed minutes of coasting.

Ollie

CF Legend
At least if they do it up a bit it might look a bit more fresh. Would be nice if they could repaint the track as well and make it look a bit brighter and new.

Not too bothered about it losing the brand. Just got to get used to calling it the Big One instead of the Pepsi Max although I'm sure people will still call it that.

It's about time they've taken away the signs claiming it's still the tallest in Europe and the new trains look really nice as well. :)

Ben

CF Legend
Scott88 said:
Ben said:
Scott88 said:

Ben;

Brace yourself for The Big One, Pleasure Beach biggest, fastest, scariest coaster will have you shaking in anticipation and screaming in delight. At a towering height of 235 ft it holds the crown as one of Europe's tallest rollercoasters offering three adrenaline packed minutes of coasting.

You made a post with it... Well done.

Again, if they stop playing that spiel in the station and advertising it around the park in this way, then I'll believe it.

Mike

Giga Poster
...But the Pepsi Max can tunnel thing you go through at the start of the ride is by far one of the best things about the ride! :(

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Can't decide. Makes it look like the ride is to be sponsored by the NF.

Also reeks of the 'kiss me kwik' tacky side of Blackpool. I want to like the look, but it just doesn't sit right somehow.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I don't care that the rides a bit **** and a bit rough, those trains are cool in a "British seaside town" sort of way. Which is exactly what I think they'll go for.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I don't care about it loosing the brand, I've always known it as the Pepsi Max so it will always be the Pepsi Max. I will always call it Pepsi Max.

The trains look good, but there is too much dark blue for a ride with a blue structure. Its wrong. They should of kept the silver or done new silver over the old to break it up a bit.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is great that they're losing the whole "Pepsi-Max" branding, it was becoming slightly dated. Still, it won't make the dire ride experience any better.

Plus, where is the picture of the trains?! I can't see it on that link!