What's new

Plopsaland de Panne | The Ride to Happiness | Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster | 2021

Benenen

Hyper Poster
They plan to open the coaster on July 1 2021.

Source: HLN (Belgian newspaper)
Where in the article does it say that? I read on Loooopings (not a great source) that it would open sometime between Easter and July 1st
a0b79886d8bacf50f35dd309347c98ae.jpg

Nick13

Mega Poster
I think that means they have changed the opening date from Easter to July. And the hotel has been pushed back to February.

That’s a shame as I was planning a trip for May!

Rein

Roller Poster
I think that means they have changed the opening date from Easter to July. And the hotel has been pushed back to February.

That’s a shame as I was planning a trip for May!

Correct. The Looopings tweet confirms the change of dates from Easter 2021 to July 1 2021. And the opening of the hotel to Februari 1 2021.

The article says:
“De bouw is volop bezig”, zegt Steve Van den Kerkhof. “We maken ons sterk dat we die attractie tegen 1 juli 2021 kunnen openen.”
Meaning:
“Construction is in full swing,” says Steve Van den Kerkhof. "We are committed to opening the attraction by July 1, 2021."

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Ah my bad, completely misinterpretated that translation.

I imagine there's a lot of us planning a 3-4 park Belgium trip and this really limits that. Looking at opening times the parks seem to only be open weekends in September or October so I think the only option is to go in the summer holidays when it's disgustingly busy or pick 2 parks and do a weekend trip later in the year.

Ries

Mega Poster
Plopsa Director Steve Van den Kerkhof told Looopings that they aren't sure yet what the theme will be.

De directeur realiseert zich dat die werkwijze ongebruikelijk is. "Ik weet dat het raar klinkt", lacht hij. "Bij een partij als Disney zou zoiets ook niet kunnen, maar bij Plopsa wel."

He is realising that this is an unusual method. "I know this sounds strange, At Disney this wouldn't be possible, but at Plopsa it is."

Source is here (in Dutch).