What's new

Plopsaland de Panne | The Ride to Happiness | Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster | 2021

waliboy

Roller Poster
Very nice, any idea on what percentage of footers are complete?

The most of the footers are complete:

j25kgd5gkojhi.jpg

Source: VTM

gtfuagbwil8.jpg

Source: reportage Pano (één)

waliboy

Roller Poster

Rupert

Mega Poster
I know what you mean - lakes are often the most tranquil parts of parks that serve as good breaks from the ride-heavy areas that dazzle the senses, bit of a shame to lose that here.

On the other hand I agree it’ll probably look amazing over the water as well as perhaps increasing the disorientation when spinning. I’m also glad they’ve got the footers as close to the surface as possible - I think Skyrush’s look pretty bad extending so far above the waterline.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean they aren't using the whole of the lake for the coaster, are they? Looks like they are using maybe half of it. I mean Furius Baco looks great over PA's lake, it's one of the most gorgeous coasters in the world. I'm just wondering what colour scheme this coaster will have, if they will stick with the blue or not.

Also isn't Plopsaland one of the closest theme parks to the French end of the Euro tunnel?

Last edited:

Rupert

Mega Poster
There's always at least one day in the year when the flooding makes the footers look normal
Good point, and I imagine the concrete offers good protection when any debris comes in the flood waters. This all makes me wonder why Gerstlauer again have gone off trend and just have their steel supports go directly into the water.

Also isn't Plopsaland one of the closest theme parks to the French end of the Euro tunnel?
Yes, it’s just an hour and ten drive from the Calais side, so definitely doable in a day or two.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Oh Em Gee - I didn't realise so much of this would be built over the lake. Awesome! And like... how expensive?? ? Where did Plopsa find the money for all this? Mack coasters are pricey anyway, let alone Xtreme spinning Macks built over lakes.
And also, could this potentially interact with the splash zone on that boat thingy? The chance of a random soaking from another ride would add an awesome level of fun on a coaster!