What's new

Plopsaland de Panne | The Ride to Happiness | Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster | 2021

Pear

Strata Poster
Roll is in

20201105_151905.jpg

unknown.png

Enil

Roller Poster
The crossbeams seem to be arranged in a different pattern, as well as being flattened at their ends.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It looks overly like Gerstlauer Infinity track, but again I can't put my finger on it. Can someone more intelligent than us work it out?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The first thing I noticed was that for some of the track sections they appear to have changed the horizonal cross-ties from the older square profile to something that more resembles the other cross-ties (circular with flared edges).

aaexioe

EKcxIcu.png

But there's some some wacky cross-tie shaping/directions going on in that roll too, which make it hard to work out if they've adjust the pattern or that section of track is just so twisted it results in some odd arrangements.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Alright then, if no-one else is going to have a look at this again (because it's been bugging me why they look so different).

They have also changed the cross-tie patterns. Previously they only had one diagonal (red) in between each vertical (blue), but now they have a double arrangement:

TsEYnDX.png

For reference (Time Traveler as I'm comparing Xtreme Spinners, dunno if Mack have updated their track style across the board):
H8zioiE.png

Which probably explains why it looks so open compared to the older stuff.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Alright then, if no-one else is going to have a look at this again (because it's been bugging me why they look so different).

They have also changed the cross-tie patterns. Previously they only had one diagonal (red) in between each vertical (blue), but now they have a double arrangement:

TsEYnDX.png

For reference (Time Traveler as I'm comparing Xtreme Spinners, dunno if Mack have updated their track style across the board):
H8zioiE.png

Which probably explains why it looks so open compared to the older stuff.
Except both Icon and Star Trek have the same crosstie shape and no-one really comments on those:-

1605103667462.png
1605103839324.png

Both these coasters also feature the thick spine in some sections. Whereas the likes of Time Traveler, Helix, Copperhead Strike, etc, have the old design. Strangely enough, Lost Gravity has the newer design and Dynamite has the older design.

I think the difference here is that instead of having square shaped cross-ties in some parts, all the cross ties are the round flat-ended ties which appear to be thinner. All in all, it seems there is no consistency of which track style Mack want to use.