What's new

Plopsaland 2020

JoshC.

Strata Poster
With 2020 being Plopsaland's 20th anniversary, it has long been said that'll be the park's next big investment. Looopings (sorry) are now reporting it'll be a new indoor themed area featuring a dark ride and roller coaster, as well as other attractions. The budget is rumoured to be €10m.

The park haven't confirmed or denied this, saying they'll announce details soon.

The park could really use another dark ride imo, so fingers crossed!

EDIT - bugger, I totally meant to put this in News and Rumours, not General Discussion. Can someone move it for me please? [/n00b]

peep

CF Legend
That budget makes it sound like quite a small investment, surely a coaster (even something small) and a dark ride would cost more than 10 mil? Still excited to see what they do though, I love the style of their theming and Plopsaland is such a nice park to roam around.

I think this will totally be connected in some way to Mayaland though, for those cold rainy winter days that they're open, the less walking outside the better.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Obviously this is a response to Walibi Belgium’s massive investments the following years.

Probably two rides with poor capacity, as usual. They will have to do their best, since they have lost lots of credibility with Belgian enthusiasts!

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
With 2020 being Plopsaland's 20th anniversary, it has long been said that'll be the park's next big investment. Looopings (sorry) are now reporting it'll be a new indoor themed area featuring a dark ride and roller coaster, as well as other attractions. The budget is rumoured to be €10m.

The park haven't confirmed or denied this, saying they'll announce details soon.

The park could really use another dark ride imo, so fingers crossed!

EDIT - bugger, I totally meant to put this in News and Rumours, not General Discussion. Can someone move it for me please? [/n00b]

I look forward to it. I hope for an Arthur ride combinated with a dark boat ride.

That budget makes it sound like quite a small investment, surely a coaster (even something small) and a dark ride would cost more than 10 mil? Still excited to see what they do though, I love the style of their theming and Plopsaland is such a nice park to roam around.

I think this will totally be connected in some way to Mayaland though, for those cold rainy winter days that they're open, the less walking outside the better.

Well that's what I was thinking too but it's their anniversary and I hope they're not gonna mess it up.

However, at the same time the new hotel from €20 mil. will be built and will also open in 2020 so it's gonna be an expensive investment the next 2 years.

I think the same about what you said. It probably will be at the back of Mayaland (red on the map below) so they only have to theme 1 wall of the building in which this attractions will be built. It will be the facade at the side of Het Bos van Plop.

However, Het Bos van Plop and the Bumba area are just as outdated as the Big & Betsy area. This is also a possible site. (circled in orange)

But for adding this new area to the winter opening days of Mayaland, it would be most logical to replace De Tractors van Big & Betsy first.

Snapchat-1758838894.jpg

I also marked in blue where the hotel is coming. Interesting to see on concept arts is that maybe the front side of the Plopsaqua building is going to be rethemed into the typical Plopsa square facades.

It's difficult to believe that all of this will be built because the site of the hotel isn't that big as far as I could see yesterday. Groundwork preparations has been done already. They'll probably start later this year with the construction.
Screenshot_20180521-122729.png
Screenshot_20180521-122637.png

Last edited: