How did you prefer Pleasurewood?

• Before

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jools

Giga Poster
I know this is quite late to post this, as it hapened a couple of years ago, but I just wanted to know what series fo names people though were best...

Now (name and ride): Before (name or replaced ride):
Enigma Cannonball Express

Mouse Trap Magic Mouse/Thrill Coaster (replaced by wipeout)

Snake In The Grass Rattlesnake (after rethemed to snake)/Ladybird

Le Mans (go karts) Formula 7 or something like that :lol:

Whizzy Dizzy Fireball (replaced Huss Frisbee called Frisbee)

Thunderstruck Replaced Fabbri drop tower called Mega Drop

Wipeout Replaced Mouse Trap

Wave Breaker Tidal Coaster

Dodgy Dodgems Woody's Driving School (crap name)

Mellow Yellow Log Chute/Log Flume

Shiver m' timbers Pirate Ship

Tales of the coast Aladdin

Annie Oakley Railroad Coca Cola Express

Merry-go-straight Alpine Chair Lift

and instead of the park being pirate themmed it was dinosaur themed...
So which to you think is best?

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont think enough CF'ers have been to Pleasurewood, let alone been twice, so I wouldn't expect this to be the most popular of topics.

Anyway, I much prefer the look of the park now, its heading in the right direction, but, I prefer the old names.

But I like the name Wipeout, thats the only good name in the park.

Tales of the coast / Aladdin

Its been absolutely yonks since it was called Aladdin. Cant remember what it was last called though...

Annie Oakley Railroad / Coca Cola Express

You're getting confused. The large train has always been called the Annie Oakley Railroad, for as long as I can remember. The Coca Cola Express is/was the large restraunt train, along the side of the Log Flume, its also been called Pepsi Express.

Engima's not all that bad of a name either...

Scarlet

Mega Poster
Jewls1993 said:
Thunderstruck Replaced Fabbri drop tower called Mega Drop

I'm sorry, but since Pleasurewood made that RIDICULOUS decision, I can't take the place seriously. When I visited... with the knowledge of this too, to ride THUNDERSTRUCK?!?! Knowing what stood before was one of Fabbri's finest creations... lol :lol:

Stupid Pleasurewood.

(Of course I don't know the reasons behind its removal, but I don't care I'm in a stubborn mood.)

I didn't even visit it 'before', but that's what I vote, because reversing that single occurrence would make the place a hell of a lot less boring.

Come on Will back me up on this :lol:

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I can't really vote because I've never even been in my life but I'd say before because it seemed like there was alot more better rides then like the Fabbri Drop Tower etc.

Mike

Giga Poster
I'll always prefer Pleasurewood Hills for how it was back in the 90s, but only because I've got fond memories of the place. My Grandparents used to own a caravan in Hopton, so practically every year we ended up go to either Great Yarmouth, Pleasurewood, or both.

I'll always remember the tug-boat thing across the lake, and randomly seeing Mr Blobby gunge somebody in a show in the castle. :lol:
Also, how they used to get a new replacement ride every year for where Wizzy Dizzy currently sits. :p

As for the Drop Tower, they only had that for one or two seasons, didn't they? Before the Drop tower, I don't remember anything being built on that location.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I do actually totally agree with you Mike, the Pleasurewood in the mid 90's was such a nice park.

They had that massive Carousel, the Enterprise, Eye in the Sky, the permanent Tri-Star, that massive Wave Swinger, and the pedal boats in the lake, before that Tug Boat thing (which still hasn't been removed). Oh and that vertical slide, which everone can remember!

I still have a leaflet from 1996, the second year Blobby and Noel were in charge, and the park looked so nice and well presented!

But then the Millenium struck and Pleasurewood basically turned into a dumping ground for old fair ground rides.

Luckily, things are starting to change now, with only 2 travelling rides in the park.

Wipeout is said to be the first phase of a major regenration project for Pleasurewood.

(Of course I don't know the reasons behind its removal, but I don't care I'm in a stubborn mood.)

It was a hired ride, I think they hired it for 2 seasons, but it only lasted 1 as it died, I do believe it was scrapped after life at Pleasurewood.

Mike

Giga Poster
Wow, I soooo remember things like the Enterprise, the Eye in the Sky and the Slide. You didn't mention things like the (decent) Crazy Golf or the Waltzer though. :p

The Pedal Boats you mentioned may be before my time, as neither me or my Mum can remember there being boats. :?

I think one of the key features why Pleasurewood Hills did so well in the 90s was because of a lack of competition. Places like Thorpe or Chessington were no where near as large as they are now, and a lot fewer people had heard of them.

One other thing that's really bugging me, and you may know the answer to this Martyn, but when did Pleasurewood get the Cannonball Express?
The RCDB says 1995, but my Mum is adamant that it was around in Pleasurewood in about 1990. :?

Martyn B

CF Legend
It was definatly 1995, it was the first season Noel and Blobby took charge, and that was their first addition.

I have some photo's from a trip in 1994 of me on the slide which used to be where Enigma/CBE now sits.

You didn't mention things like the (decent) Crazy Golf or the Waltzer though.

Yeah I forgot about the great Crazy Golf, which you didn't have to pay for (woo), but I can never remember any Waltzers, apart from them AWFUL ones that were removed in 2006.

There was also Fort Fun and the HUGE fun house, the classic Aladdins cave (which scared everyone that was under 13), and not to forget, THE TEMPEST!

Oh, such fond memories :(

Can you remember at all if there was anything in that field before Tidal Wave? The earliest map I have is 1996, the year it was added.

Mike

Giga Poster
I can't really remember anything before 1995/1996, and my memories of those years are really only what I've said already.
It's hard to remember things from before you were 6 years old. :(

Any chance of you scanning in some in these leaflets and photos though, Martyn?

Jake

Strata Poster
I've only been once (2007) and it was bad enough then.

God knows what it was like pre-Wipeout.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Any chance of you scanning in some in these leaflets and photos though, Martyn?

No sorry.

Furie did post a link last year to this website that had LOADS of old park maps from around the UK, and it had TONS of PWH maps, which I thought was great, obviously. I just searged and found it but the bloody website isn't availabe anymore, grrr.

It had park maps of PWH from its first year, up to the current ones...

www.themeparkleaflets.com

Jools

Giga Poster
When I went for my first time when I was about 2, I can remember a few things.

I remember an Observation Tower, they had a Deathn Drop (or vertical slide), Mega Dance, Mega Spin and a one of those things like Energizer that use to be at AT, Also, Mr Blobby jumped of the Log Flume, into the water, and all the colours where different! Also, the Sky Screamer, my first upside down ride when I was about 8!