Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blaze

Hyper Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
ciallkennett said:
:lol: I commentate on Nemesis :p

I do a Murray Walker impression on Stealth and Rita, etc :lol:

I do that sometimes, but only in my head or maybe quietly, but I don't do the full Murray Walker. Really I just say what's coming up next "corkscrew...helix...zero-g..." and so on.

SchumacherFerrari said:
Ollie said:
But not on indoor dark coasters like XNWO as there's no telling how close the supports are and I don't want to risk loosing my arms :p

They have to be a certain distance away (can't be bothered to look it up) due to EU H&S regulations etc. But still, I wouldn't put my hands up either :lol:

Supports will need to be a certain distance away. I suspect it will be a foot or two farther than you could reach without being too large to fit in. They probably take an average of the arm length of people just small enough to squeeze in, then add a bit on to that to be safe. but parks will follow this exactly, to make the supprts look closer, and therefore making you think you will lose an arm, as this makes your body recieve a big dose of addrenaline suddenly, making you enjoy the ride more. It's all about fight or flight, if something comes at you, your body reacts by releasing a shot of addrenaline.

A

Anonymous

A mixture really.

On Lisebergbanan I just sit with my arms on my lap and enjoying the ride (usually with my eyes closed).
On Balder I have my hand's in the air over all hills and in the turns, but in the valleys I hold my lap-bar so it won't go down due to the forces, so I have all that space between the bar and my legs over all hills :)
Kanonen, arms in the air all the way around.

And similar on the rest for the coasters I encounter.

Snoo

The Legend
Error said:
On certain rides, however, it's needed. If anyone's seen me ride Raptor/Iron Dragon/Corkscrew/Anything with a shoulder-harness, I never put my hands up (exception Maverick). It's normally do to the fact that's there's no airtime what-so-ever. However, rides like Millennium Force, Magnum XL 200, Ravine Flyer 2, Gemini, and the like, have airtime in a small bit. Therefore, to experience more airtime and lift, you put your hands up, to give it a full effect.

There you go :p

Joe.. you speak the word of gospel my friend.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Stop talking about playing with your penis Steven... :p

I put my hands up, and I scream really loud... Just ask anyone who rode Dragster with me at the CF-Live :p .

The only coasters I don't put my hands up on are usually the ones with restricting restraints, mainly B&M over the shoulder harnesses.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I always have my hands up unless the roller coaster feature's OTSRs with handle bar restraints, such as B&M Inverts and Arrow Suspendeds.

Even then, I will put my hands up from time to time.

Rush

Giga Poster
First Time: Up.

Lap Bars: Up.

Rough Rides: Up and head forward if OTSRs.

Rides which I find intense: Lap.

Launches: Up.

Sharp/Nasty Corners (Rita turn especially): Hold on.

So a mix for me really.

Emmett

Giga Poster
It depends what coaster type I am on at the time. If its an SLC, Invert, B&M sit down then its generally hold onto the restraints as there is nowhere else to move my arms.

I generally only put my arms up on woodies unless they are a rough piece of crap like Coaster Express, which I end up holding on for dear life.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I love putting my arms up as far as possible, especially on coasters with headchoppers (another reason El Toro is my #1). I even raise my arms for my POVs (check out my El Toro's headchopping madness video), which is perhaps why they end up so good. I really only have one exception to the 'hands up' rule (other than kiddie coasters - which I hardly ever ride), as I tend to do so even with OTSRs. That exception being on B&M megas (back row of course) with those great little triangular lap restraints. I often ride them as usual with my arms raised up as high as they can go, but I always take 3-5 turns barley locking the restraint into position (by sticking my belly out as far as possible so that the restraint doesn't budge during the safety check) giving me a good 6-8 inch gap between my stomach and the restraint. That way I can come anywhere from 8-10 inches out of my seat over the top of each & every hill while holding on the restraint for dear life, otherwise I could very likely fly right off the coaster. Behemoth is the best for this (Goliath second, followed by Nitro), but I'm hoping Diamond Back gives it a run for the money. I also have to push real hard against the restraint throughout each drop or it will push tight against me due to the -g's. So I guess it's a mix for me, but a very limited one.

BTW - you might think I'm a bit crazy doing this, but that's nothing compared to the local guys that stand in the back row on Nitro with their arms in the air. The kid & I have ridden with a few of them and they're absolutely INSANE!

Kebab

Giga Poster
On most of my first rides I always hold on to the restraints provided, mainly to get a feel of the experience; bar any family/ less intense rollercoasters. Then on second ride's I'm more likely to leave my arms free in my lap, and on the following I would put my arms in the air. Drop Towers (exceeding 200 feet) scare the living crap out of me; can't help holding on :shock:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I tend to hold on. Haven't ridden a lot of coasters, so I don't have a lot of experience on that field. And last time I tried taking my arms out of the seat, on a Zierer Chair Swing, I was told numerous time by the ride op. And all I did was having my arms downwards along the side of the seat.

Arms crossed in the lap works OK too. But not on Speed Monster. I ended up pressing the restraint down on my thighs, and that was really painful.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Up. Mostly anyway.

I sometimes **** myself and hold on, but that's a rare thing!

To be honest, while I'm riding I don't really pay much attention to my arms.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
If im on a small ride, i put my hands up to take the mick. But most of the time i jsut sit there with my ams up then put them down because im lazy :--D

nadroJ

CF Legend
I try to keep my arms up but they always end up grabbing on at some point, especially on Stealth, hands up all the way along the launch then as soon as it goes up I grab on.

Ali

Mega Poster
hands up all the way, but after 8 times on El Toro in about 50 minutes i couldnt bear keeping my hands up on the bends at the end of the coaster,